How do you celebrate your kids birthdays?

Have a party every year! Why would you even question that!? Especially when their younger. When they get older they can decide whether they wavy one or not. My daughter just turned 14 we had a pool party thats what she wanted and she invited what friends she wanted aside from immediate family.

1 Like

Bday party every year.

1 Like

I feel like it’s an honor to get to have a birthday every year!!! They are only young once so how we celebrate is he gets a cake a few gifts and picks where he wants to go for that day!! It’s time and memories well spent!! :blush:

1 Like

My kids get a party every year! They will until they tell me they don’t want one

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you wanna celebrate your child’s birthday? Every single child deserves to be celebrated on their birthday

1 Like

Well my daughter is only 3 and we have done 3 parties so far, but I think this year we are going to transition to going somewhere special instead. She has a million toys already and I’d rather focus on making memories and exploring new places.

2 Likes

As someone who is almost 38 and has NEVER had a birthday party, give those babies a party every year if you can. The memories for you both will be worth it.

1 Like

My daughter is only 3 and we had a party ever year + something to do after or before the party (we have done wildlife park and camping, all depends on the weather)

Party every other year and on the years we don’t have a party they get a bigger (more expensive) gift but still do a birthday dinner and maybe sleep over every year.

She never said she doesn’t celebrate her kids birthdays.She just said she doesn’t agree with having a party for every birthday and is thinking of other ways to celebrate. We either have a party or let whoever’s birthday it is pick somewhere fun to go. Most the time going somewhere ends up being better than a party

1 Like

We have had big parties every year and invited 20 kids and 3 or 4 would show up, so this year we are going to go to magic kingdom and get a hotel instead

The pick a special dessert if they don’t want me to make a cake, they pick the dinner. And there is always some type of party. It’s important to celebrate their birthdays.

We have a family bbq and on big birthdays we have a party

We usually go out of town and try new places and have fun.

1 Like

We have birthday parties for milestone birthdays - 1st, 10th, 13th, 16th, 18th and 21st. Each birthday in between, my husband and I take the kid to a restaurant of their choosing and then out either to pick out a present or for an activity of their choosing.

We have 4 children. This year, our 19 year old twins chose Cheesecake Factory for dinner and we took them to the National Harbor to the Aquarium. Our 9 year old chose Hibachi for dinner and Build A Bear. Our son turns 14 on Friday and he wants to go to Dave & Busters and The Lego Store.

Annual birthday parties, especially if you have multiple children, can not only be expensive, but time consuming and stressful. We prefer to give our kids one on one time and an experience.

2 Likes

I always decorate the kitchen table the night before (when they’re in bed) so when they wake up they can see it. They love it and its a theme they’re currently into. We just have an immediate family party that evening and i bake them a cake and make them their favorite dinner.

I have 3 kids. And just our immediate family near by is like 50 ppl. We used to have birthday parties but they do get expensive and all the work that goes into it is to much. Im over it. This year we told the kids instead of us spending that $$ on a party they can pick wherever they want to go and write a list of 3 gifts they want. I tell grandparents and siblings where we are gonna be if they want to join and that’s it. So much easier!

We just do what the kid wants to do that day.

This is a joke, right? Why would you not want to celebrate the birth of your child. It doesn’t have to be a big party. You could just invite close friends and family and celebrate with cake :birthday: and ice cream :icecream:

3 Likes

We have a party for the kid on a weekend near their birthday (on their birthday if it lands on a saturday) then on their actual birthday we usually do a small cake/cupcakes to celebrate to make it special. I’ll do parties until they ask me not to

Our kids get to choose between either a big birthday party or a trip somewhere they enjoy. If they choose the birthday party they know they get all the presents/cake/Ice cream like normal and if they choose the trip they still get a small party at home with cake/Ice cream but they don’t get a ton of presents.

Every year we have a party

1 Like

I’m team dad. I’m team why the fk wouldn’t you celebrate your child’s birthday every year. Werid flex :woozy_face:

5 Likes

I don’t like having to be responsible for other people’s kids. Especially more than 5 at a time. So we let our kid choose what dinner they want, what fun activities they want to do and we have family over for their dinner and cake/gifts.

1 Like

We don’t do birthday party’s anymore. With work schedules and family being out of town it was pointless and stressful. We started doing birthday weekends. We pick a main event for Saturday . Drive to a hotel on Friday and stay until Sunday. The birthday boy/girl gets to choose what we eat and what we do. We usually go to dinner Friday evening and then go back to the hotel and swim. Then Saturday we go to the main attraction that we picked and Sunday we go to breakfast then drive home. It’s kinda like a “yes” weekend and they love it. My kids never once have complained about not having a party. We also allow them to invite a friend to go with us.

Throw the kid a party? Take every opportunity to enjoy their childhood and make them feel special

1 Like

l Get paid over $119 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18451 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort781.pages.dev/

I personally don’t do birthday parties. They get a couple gifts and they get to choose what to do or where to go. We make a trip even if it’s for a weekend. They have more fun and they get even more excited.

Some of yalls comments are gross, acting like she doesn’t wanna celebrate her kids birthdays. She didn’t say that, she said she didn’t think they’d need a party every year. I completely agree, you spend so much money for most the guest to not even show. We use the money we would have thrown a party with, & take our kids somewhere the birthday kid would have fun at. Rather spend the money on our family having fun & doing the most instead of on a party most won’t even show up to after saying they would

1 Like

Get your kid a damn birthday party.

Why wouldn’t you want to have a birthday party for your children every year? We have a party every year for our two children. It doesn’t have to be a big party. My children’s birthdays are only 3 weeks apart. We still get cake and ice cream for both kids. We invite their friends and family to celebrate.

We always just do stuff as a family. :woman_shrugging: No big party or anything.

We did parties til they were teens now we just take them out to eat but kids need their birthday celebrated…why wouldn’t u want to celebrate their birthday

We take trips. No one comes to my kids’ parties so it’s pointless.

1 Like

We don’t do birthday parties. We do a birthday supper where they chose where we go to eat and we use the money we would spend on a party, to do an experience together instead.

We don’t do party’s . We do experiences . This year and last year we went to medieval times .

1 Like

Girl take the opportunity my husband is the opposite way

We had a special dinner fav meal, cake & ice cream with just fam, usually around the bday might have extended family come over. I had a cousin whose bday is 5 days before mine, so we did a lot of combined family get together, and an uncle same day lol. A lot of families I know let the kids pick an activity & go on a day trip etc esp as kids get older :slight_smile:

We used to do the party thing, but now the kids choose what they want to do and we go out and do whatever there heart desires. We spend about the same amount as we would have on a party and of course we get them a few gifts and dinner with the family, which we have always done even with parties, they are 15💜 and 9💚

l Get paid over $119 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18451 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort807.pages.dev/

We had Birthday party’s kindergarten- grade school for my granddaughter. I rented where she got swim lessons yearly . $150 for 2 hours two life guards . Brought pizza chocolate chip cookie cake drinks . Her classmates were giving invitations. Every child always showed up . Her birthday was always the last week of school at the beginning of June . As a teen my daughter let her ask a few of her closet friends and did these parks . Her last party was at 16 . A weekend in Daytona with mom and her besties .

Sometimes we do parties but mostly experience days. They also get to pick every meal for their birthday. This year though my daughter had her first party in a few years which was thrifted tea party items and an intimate gathering of a few friends and their moms in fancy dresses. They drank lemonade, ate snacks, felt fancy, did make up and had a dance party! Simple and not expensive

My daughters birthdays are only a month apart so we do a joint party in between their days and on their actual birthday we do experiences and presents from us. The only year we didn’t have a party was 2020.

It depends on the age tbh people stopped coming to my birthday partys as a kid so my mom would take me shopping or go do something to make a good memory.

I might get a lot of slack for this but damnnnnn, life sucks and you should, at the very least, be able to celebrate your damn birthday. WTAF and you’re a mom? Who hurt you? :flushed: Put a candle in a hot dog and sing Happy Birthday :smirk:

If your child wants to do a birthday party, do a birthday party. But if they’d rather do a fun adventure with just the family for their birthday, that’s fine too! It’s all about what the kids want.
Just do your best to make those days extra special, because they’ll remember it. :black_heart:

Yes. Birthday party every year.

4 Likes

Everybody in our house gets a family only party. I will cook their favorite meal or order it. My husband picks up their favorite cake from Costco. We all sing happy birthday. The birthday kid feeds a bite of the cake to parents and grandparents. Enjoy. Parties will do at each milestone such as sweet sixteen.

Definitely a birthday party EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. until they get old enough where they don’t want to celebrate with us anymore…

2 Likes

I’ve also lost that battle. I wanted to take a family vacation instead of a birthday party for our son this year but i got vetoed this year by my husband.

Growing up most families I know did small parties ages 1 thru 10, then 13, 16, and 18.

I had a party every year till they were about 10 then after that we usually just had snacks, drinks and cake and I would take the birthday child out to dinner or order pizza for home

A birthday should be a celebration! Too many have lost their birthdays— we can no longer celebrate. Celebrate today!

3 Likes

We always do ice cream & cake with parents, siblings etc. on the actual birthday if it’s on a weekday. Then do an outing like go to the beach, go-cart, rock climbing, trampoline park, rent a moonbounce or something over the weekend & invite friends & family to join us. Most times they celebrate twice that week.

Always a party- just doesn’t always have to be big & expensive- dollar tree has cute theme plates & decorations and you can make your own cake for a few bucks

1 Like

We always had birthday parties for the kids before they started school they were just family bday parties at home. After they started school it was bday parties for them with their friends usually at the house with a theme food games etc. When the got to the preteen/teen age usually a family Sunday dinner celebration and they would hangout with their friends at the house on a Saturday usually and we’d pay for pizza and junk food as well as cash for the group to go to the movies or bowling, laser tag or whatever they had decided. Now they grown. And we still have a family bday celebration gathering usually a dinner on a Sunday closest to their birthdate. I grew up in a family that always celebrated birthdays everyone’s birthdays moms dads mine,etc etc. And it continued with my children and they’re grown now and we still celebrate every year may not be a big flashy party every year but we as a family gather together every year for bdays amongst our immediate family( and theirs 10 of us so pretty much a party everytime we gather lol ) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We always go out to eat a place of their choice with family

We have a party every birthday.

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $15579… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://MaxCareer57.pages.dev

1 Like

Some children have special needs and more than 3 people over stimulus the child but the parents always has a cake

We go to dinner sometimes … sometimes help with something theyve been wanting or need.When they were younger they haf parties but now they have kids of their own.

I never had birthday parties as a kid. So every birthday my kids get a party. Not every year is as big as others. But they always get a special day for them.

1 Like

I stopped parties when friends and family stopped showing up. Now we do experiences. Now friends and family ask why we don’t do parties. I tell them the same thing. They never showed up why would I expect them to now haha

Mama of 3. Every year I’ve either taken my kids for breakfast or dinner, their choice. We used to do parties too but it was overwhelming for everyone involved. Now it’s usually shopping with a friend and dinner. The kids love it because they get a day to do as they please and it’s easier on my anxiety and wallet. They also are free from chores and certain responsibilities for the day.

We have a whole birthday weekend for my kids! One night is simple family dinner then next entire day is filled w fun for them and their friends. It’s either a big party or a trip. Not everyone makes it to see their next birthday so Always celebrate every year and make it memorable!

1 Like

We base it on what the kid would like. I’m not saying trips to Hawaii by any means.

This year for one of the kids where doing a camp out with the in-laws at their camp site. My parents are coming out for a few hours. It’s small. It won’t cost a arm & ten toes. Most importantly it’s what the kid wanted to do.

Some years we’ve done bigger parties and others we do dinner of some kind (kid gets to choose) with cake. We have the grandparents over, and on the weekend we’ll have a few of their friends over a sleep over if that’s what they want.

Well we usually have a birthday party for them but this year my oldest (turned 15) had his birthday during the week so he had school so we just went out to eat for dinner that evening. My oldest daughter (turned 9) on her actual birthday we just had a small family celebration then the next weekend we had a small party with her friends, and my youngest (will be 8 next month) is going to have a party at the bowling ally the weekend before her birthday. Her actual birthday is during the week so she is just going to take cupcakes to class.

Depends on your kid’s level of interest. You don’t need a party each time, especially if they don’t care. We usually do a family one, but it’s very laid back and not much preparation needed. As they get older they may want bigger ones, so at that point check what your child wants, not your husband, lol, as it’s their birthday.

We do cake ice cream presents, family and some friends over

1 Like

What they want if they want a big party they understand its a cheaper present, if i say i cannot afford a party we have a family and friends cause they have kids a nd do mini party with food and cake
Or they have picked days out so last year my eldest picked trampoline so she invited 2 friends to go with her

My daughter just had her 3rd birthday 2 days ago and her party yesterday. Because of Covid her 1st birthday 2020 and her 2nd 2021 we had lunch with just my parents and father in law. This year we actually had a small gathering with a few friends. They are only children once, let them have a party every year

We celebrate every birthday. Big or small. Little party for the in between ages but 1st,5th,10th,16th and 18th are huge parties.

1 Like

We have a big party every bday over here! Cookout pool etc

2 Likes

they’re only a kid once, give them a party…

1 Like

I have one every year even it’s just a little party! Kids are only young once! We have 7!kids and 6! grandkids we have lots of bday parties

Depends. We do parties every year. But not all are the same as the last. And I ask what they want. It’ll change and be different at they get older

For their frist we do a party, then family dinners until school age when they get friend partys

Is the birth of your child not worth celebrating?

Dinner of their choosing then cake with family( plus their best friend) on their actual birthday every year, plus, when they were young, a birthday party, held at a later date on a weekend, usually held at the local hall/bowling lane/McDonald’s/pool ect with friends and classmates invited( pizza/dinner, games, cake, pinata). As they got older they still got their cake and family+bestie on their birthdays( except durring covid restrictions) but their friend parties have gotten smaller and happen at home with takeout and usually ends with a sleepover( depending on what the child wants). Their birthday is special and for as long as I’m living they will be celebrated.

We do a party every year weather it be big or small

We do some kind of party every year.

Well you’re a cheap mom

1 Like

some kind of party/get together mostly with family. we stopped around 10 and let the kids decide what special thing they wanted to do for their birthday

Easy, it can be sweet and simple or as big as you want to go.
Some years we go big, some years we just do a small family gathering with cake and I cook dinner

I don’t hav a party every year, I will buy a cake and a present of their choice if I can afford it. Parties we do wen the finances say we can and my kids are fine with it not everyone can afford it