How do you cope with anxiety and depression after giving birth?

Hi everyone, has anyone gone through major depression and extreme anxiety after having your baby? Need ways to cope and get through this rough time. Any suggestions help! Please and thank you

2 Likes

If you figure it out, let me know. I’m 4 years after my first and 2.5 years after #2 and still struggle

Postpartum is no joke!! I had a baby a little over a year ago and I struggled for 9 months or so. I had intrusive thoughts that some thing bad was going to happen. I would talk to your doctor to get on antidepressants for a little while and talk to a therapist. I did both for about 6 months and the postpartum just kinda melted away. I do have a friend that that had her baby 6 years ago and she still suffers from some postpartum. Try to take time for yourself. Take a bath or a hot shower. Those are my go to things.

1 Like

You really need to contact your doctor asap . I had this with my third child and ended up needing an antidepressant and I am so glad I got on one . I had post partum only with the third and it was rough . The medication helped me so much.

See a doctor and get help helping yourself