How do you deal with the comments when you are a single mom and pregnant?

Anyone else a single mom and pregnant again? I have three and am pregnant with my 4th. I take care of my own kids and have my own job but still get comments that I should know how to stop and get on birth control. I don’t get why people feel the need to make these comments, I would understand if I didn’t take care of my kids but I do, I even have my own house and car. How do you get through this?

25 Likes

Tell They Ass To Mind The Business That Pays Them And U Take Care Of Your Kids Very Well

Mama until they start paying your bills, putting food on your table or helping you raise your babies, shake off their unwanted opinion :woman_shrugging:t4:

47 Likes

Tell them all to F-off

1 Like

What other people think about you, is none of your business. Some love to judge others to elevate themselves.

4 Likes

Unless they payin your bills pay them bitches no mind ~ Ru Paul :blush:

Unless your interfering with them tell them where to go

You just do Momma. I did with my 4th I was on my own then became a widow 18 months later. You know the truth ignore the lies. You’ve got this :raised_hands:

People are just aszes - PERIOD! I have 5 children with the same man (together 23 yrs) and I still get - “do they all have the same dad?” and then after the yes response - “WOW!”. People need to mind their damn business sometimes! I’m not on the corner shaking a tin can! (and please, not that it’s wrong or am I passing judgment). I’m just saying - We take care of our own and we’re doing OK! LOL

Who cares what they say!!! I totally get it tho i always hear mean crap someone even told me i should keep my legs closed lol… i have 5 and when i get pregnant its back to back or twins… i have a set of children only 11 months apart and just gave birth to twins 1 year ago and i also have a 16 year old im also a single mamma who takes care of them all by myself… someone is always gonna have something to say but i will say im so happy for all my children and wouldnt have it any other way!!! Dont listen to the negative ur great!!

1 Like

Tell them to keep there opinions to themselves or straight savage with shut the **** up I’m currently pregnant baby no5 I get the same from people I work I drive I got a nice home financially stable but I say to myself there cleary unhappy to be so involved in my business noone opinions matter but my own because I’m the only one who’s got to raise my baby x

I’m a single mum wit two girls n due to hav a baby in July and bubba dad left me for a 19 year old chick but I just keep taking it day by day

3 Likes

I once read a meme that said “worrying about what others think is allowing them to live rent free in your head”

Stuff em. Next time someone makes one of those comments, stop everything and look them right in the eye and ask them why they’re so concerned with your personal life. It will embarrass them being called on it.

If they continue calmly state that you didn’t ask for their opinion and that your pregnancy and personal business is really none of their concern

The trick is to just look them straight in the eye, stop doing whatever you’re doing and speak ultra politely

The majority of people don’t like confrontation

I’ve been a single mother all the way. I don’t give a shit what other people think of me. My kids are healthy, happy and are part of a loving family

Just say…do you have to pay for them? No? Well then shut up

I total bet government is paying for birth food stamps and child care so yes at some point it’s time to stop

12 Likes

They need to go after the men who leave and dont give a shit about their kids.

When they stuff like that respond with well you should be old enough to be rude or you should know how to keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself.

1 Like

Ask them why they think it’s any of their business. Tell them if they’re going to be so judgy they should get a law degree. Tell them, “I’m happy and self-sufficient, are you?” If they talk about birth control, point out their mom and dad forgot it when they had them. Smack talk them back!

1 Like

Because what you are missing mama is a father figure for those babies. Yes a dad does make a difference in a child’s life. Don’t listen to the haters. Do however make sure there are guy family members or friends who are close with your kids too. They don’t have to have a father but studies have shown a father figure makes a difference, and please know I say all this with love.

12 Likes

Chew them out and tell them everything you just told us, but loudly and enough to embarrass them. I have no idea why you are a single mom (as it’s none of my business), but I’m assuming you left because that was best for you and your babies. You do whatever you need to for your little family, screw everyone else. You’re a good mom and don’t let people who aren’t worth the dirt you walk on to tell you differently.

3 Likes

Fuck them!!! You got this momma don’t let anyone bring you down.

Tell them that they should learn how to mind their own damn business. Unless they’re paying your bills and supporting those children they are irrelevant.

I’m pregnant with my 2nd,and that was the first comments I got. I was with the babys father,we’re basically separated but living together so I can finish school and have help with our oldest son while I’m pregnant. But when we first found out,we were still together and that was the first comments we got"wrap it up",“don’t y’all know what causes that” :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: like If you ain’t buying the diapers,staying up all night, carrying the baby,or pushing it out. Your negative comments are worthless 🤷🤷. People are gonna judge wether you do things their way or your way. So fuck them and do you. Shit happens.:roll_eyes:🤷:blue_heart:

Ignore them …they need to mind they own business

And if you were married with no kids someone would want to know when you will finally have one. When you have one they will want to know when the next is coming. Why you waited so long, why you started so early, why you had so many and why you had none. Sad part is its women doing it to eachother.

3 Likes

Ignore them, you are a queen and way above those peasants :heart: (single mother of 3 and I got that a lot too)

Tell them after u mate that you kill and eat the male and unless they want to be next to Piss off🤷‍♀️

22 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone would comment on you handling your own. I’m in awe of you.

Speak up! Girl you are obviously strong! Tell them it’s not their business.

People say shit cause they aren’t happy in there life’s… as long as your doing what you gotta do for you and your babies its nobodies business keep kicking ass mama you got this!!! Dont let anyone hurt your feelings or run they’re mouth your doing what you gotta do they don’t need to worry bout them kiddos unless they’re the ones feeding, changing, cleaning them everyday don’t let the words they say get to you

rise above the haters. Don’t even entertain rude comments. Those comments reflect the rude people, not you. Have as many babies as you feel you want. You are providing for them and loving them.

1 Like

Kinda want to punch someone in the throat for you.

Tell them fuck off. I was a single mom for 7 years. My now middle child was almost 2 when I met my dude. Think about it this way. You get to raise and teach your child to be the kind beautiful person they can be without another person telling you no.

Just ignore it. It’s no one else’s business what you do with your own body.

Tell them God told you to have more.

1 Like

Just ignore them all relationships don’t work out u do what u gotta do for ur kids

1 Like

Screw them, people also tend to point out their own insecurities in others. Food for thought. I know it’s hard but don’t let people and their bs get to you. It will eat you alive. :green_heart::heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

I received those types of comments with my fourth and fifth, even though I’ve been married 18 years and earn a good living. One coworker even told me I should have had that taken care of (aborted)!!
Good for you for doing the right thing and try not to let it bother you- some people just got to hate!

2 Likes

If you take care of everything yourself. How do you have 4 kids.

3 Likes

I am pregnant with my 4th and have been told by people that I need to get tubes tied after this. Like seriously? I’m 27 years old. How rude.

If you’re doing fine being mom, handling your responsibilities on your own without any assistance. “Why” should the comments others give you bother you! Just ignore the comments.

Tell them to stfu, you seem to be doing far better than plenty other people, and what’s happening in your uterus has nothing to do with anyone else…ask them personal questions when they start talking to you about what they perceive as your failing by getting pregnant with a forth, and when they dont like it point out that they started it by asking you personal questions and being insulting about something that doesnt effect them at all…good lick mama

Screw them, you’ve got your shit together it’s none of their business. Tell them judge not and ye not be judged, those without sin can cast the first stone. It’s no one’s business but yours. Tell them to get on with themselves. You’re doing fine

Just ignore them your doing good

Tell them to fuck off. If they aren’t fucking you, taking care of your kids or paying your bills their opinions are irrelevant :woman_shrugging:

Everyone will have an opinion but if your children are happy, feed, have a roof over their heads and you love them etc. Then it’s really no one’s business and you should tell them to mind their own business!

This is a easy one! First ask them are they their kids! Then ask do they help raise them! Then tell them to mind their own fucking business!!!

I’m married & having my 5th baby, I still get the dirty comments/looks, BUT until someone other than me/my husband are paying for them they can keep their irrelevant opinions to themselves. I just ignore them :woman_shrugging:t3:

If you work and support your family 100% on your own, that is one thing. If your family is on state insurance, WIC, food stamps, EBT, and other government assistance, that is another. Sorry but in that case people have a reason to say something as their taxes are the ones paying for it.

1 Like

They should mind their own business tbh…however a lot of people are now recognizing the statistics of single mom homes.

You are doing better than a lot of people without children and babies are the biggest blessing🥰 if they aren’t contributing their opinion Doesn’t matter you are doing awesome

Just tell them fuck off their opinions is not needed nor required they dont pay ur bills and you dont owe them shit they can just shut the fuck up and back off. Fuck them just ignore those jackass. Keep you head high mama your doing a good job

Their comments don’t matter. Honestly their opinions can’t change anything. It’s also not your problem that they have a problem with YOUR life.

Ugh I hate ppl like that. When I was pregnant with my 3rd, a co worker said I should close my legs. Wtf do ppl care? Itz not like it affects them in anyway…I dont get it