How do you deal with the father of your child getting into another relationship?

How do you deal with the father of your child getting into another relationship?? we have been broken up for a couple of years (we tried to get back together this last January, but it just didn’t work) we have done very good CO parenting…but he has been dating a girl for two months and moved in together and I literally just found out and kinda got a little depressed about it…more so because he hid it from me and second because he is kinda throwing it in my face everything he is doing for her (which is everything I wanted from the very beginning of our relationship) so it kinda just sucks and I honestly dont know how to handle things

34 Likes

Girl, move tf on. He doesn’t owe you anything. Coparent and go be with someone who wants to eat cupcakes out of your ass.

i get it been there but id be more worried that some chick of 2 months is already moved in and around your child

1 Like

Honey you need to move on. But I would set boundaries on his very new gf being around your child.

1 Like

have an open mind, ask politely to meet her then take it one day at a time…

1 Like

Please don’t be one of those women that start using their child against the father because he has a girlfriend - so many do this and it’s not fair to the father or the child …

if you get on and have a good co parenting relationship maybe ask to meet the girlfriend as she is going to be around your child.

14 Likes

You have to live your life and move on. Your kids are going to be able to tell you’re jealous and might start resenting their father. He’s not doing anything wrong

1 Like

It didn’t bother me at all…probably because I left him & was already in a relationship and years went by before he got into a serious one.

Mind your business and move on

5 Likes

You move on as well. Meet the gf if she is gonna be around ur kid and find you a guy that treats you right. Obviously, he wasn’t the one and never will be. Be happy for him and seek your own happiness.

2 Likes

The best for you hun, is to move on hun, he clearly is, make time for you, see some friends and get out there yourself, if it didn’t work move on, and nice to each other for your kids, thats most important thing of all, best of luck to you sunshine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If it didn’t work out romantically between the two of you for your child’s sake you need to look at it as just a co-parenting situation. We can’t be bitter about something that didn’t happen for us. We need to show our children healthy relationships/ friendships with their other parent. People move on and it’s sucks but as long as his new relationship doesn’t take away from his fatherhood role and he still treats you with respect, wish him the best and take the time to heal your heart.

Boundaries are not needed unless you have a legitimate and I mean legitimate concern for your child’s safety. If he chose this woman then you have to go along with it because these children will take notice of everything you and dad say or do. You should do what is right and meet her not become her enemy from the jump. Don’t be like some of these women. It’s not only childish but very toxic and produces absolutely nothing good. The goal is to blend and continue to co parent with dad and if she is in the mix then you have to accept that and never think you are superior and try calling the shots in his home. Bad idea.

My soon to be ex is the same way. I dont let her be near my kid

I had this, moved in within months of me leaving. You gotta kick and scream and cry in private but never ever let your baby see that. Be a positive influence to your child and accept it. Kicking off will only make him resent you and probably push them closer together. You got this girl :heart:

2 Likes

He is someone else problem now

3 Likes

He will fail her too. It’s just a matter of time

1 Like

Just be HAPPY … it is the best revenge

4 Likes

Be nice to her and tell her to please treat y’all’s kid as if it was her own. If y’all want to go out together with the hold as a family do that. My kids dad’s and I always get along and when they or I get into a relationship we are always very nice to the new person invited into our kids lives

1 Like

I would let it go. Also so you know & you can even google it hormones take control of you in the 1st 9 months to 1 yr. Then the honeymoon stage ends. So while hes doing all this for her now they are both not thinking per say straight. He will go back to his old ways. Both will have true colors appear give it a few more months. I think its incredibly irresponsible to go moving in with someone who has a child after a mere 2 months regardless if you knew them or not. Pay no hede to it honestly. Try to keep a good relationship. Im not split. Im with the father of my child & have been for almost 9yrs come this April. But all the drama I see the baby momma baby daddy yea I’ll pass that crap.

Weve been broken up 2 wks and im pregnant with his 3rd. I dont care, i feel sorry for what shes about to endure. Youve been apart years…its time to move on. Live your life.

It was honestly a blessing in disguise lol

1 Like

We’ll see with my children’s father it was difficult because of what happened. We had to move out of the place we were living because it needed repairs badly and we couldn’t find anywhere so we found a bed and breakfast to stay in until we found a place. A couple months after he started dating someone else( without me knowing) he said he was living with a friend and helping him run a company ( I know I shouldn’t have believed it but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt) and left me in the bed and breakfast and kept my daughter from me for a couple weeks (was also pregnant with #3 at the time) saying we were still together and he kept my bank cards and used my money( thought it was just for my daughter at the time) after almost a year he told me he found me a place to live (due to fight with his brother and his sister thought it was cool to try and call CYS on us) come to find out it was on her property and for a while I was upset and cried and then I got over it fast I was happier single, they broke up and he wanted to work on things and I’m trying but at this point there is no love or feelings after everything he put he through ( there is way more than just this but yea) just try your best to get over it.

Try look beyond the jealousy and be happy that he found a better suit . The fact he is treating her a certain way doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it too it’s just not with him your time will come be happy for him :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Try to think of it as your child now gets to see dad in a healthy relationship, afterall that’s what we need to model to our children while they are growing up and learning so much from their parents :heart:

Move on find someone else like he has

You have to put it aside continue to co parent and let them be.

1 Like

There is really nothing you can do. Hating him or her will make things worse. You have to find someway to let it go. It best for you and your kids.

You’re still attached. Learn to let go. Do not respond to him unless it’s about the kids

1 Like

My ex is remarried and has had 2 more kids. Honestly I stopped looking at his life and focused on mine! I have a beautiful 4th child. I bought a house and am engaged to be married next year with the love of my life! Move on! Open yourself to meet someone knew! He had his chance with you.

6 Likes

Mine done the same thing. Just smile and move along honey. He won’t be doing those things long.

He is her problem now. He didn’t care enough to do what he needed to do with you. Chances are he won’t with this girl in the long run either. Find someone better for yourself.

My son’s dad got married and didn’t tell me for a couple of months. Tbh I didn’t care bc I had more important things to worry about like raising our 2 yr old.

Honestly, dudes just do that. They like to make it seem like they’re being the perfect man for their new boo thang. Usually it is pretty short lived and he will start treating her like he treated you pretty quickly. It’s just something they do to try and seem better than they are. Just remind yourself he’s putting on a show right now.

10 Likes

Don’t focus on him focus on your child.

1 Like

It’s okay to hurt, but know your self worth.
In the end if he couldn’t do it for you but can do it for someone else, was he really worth being with???
Sounds like you got to have a beautiful child out of the relationship so focus on the child and just being a good parent/ co parent.
Good luck momma :shamrock:

7 Likes

I am in this same situation. Me and my sons dad are friends and co-parent really well. When we was together he never worked and was always between jobs. We have been split up for 4 years now he has a girlfriend of 3 or so months. Not living together thankfully. But he told me the other day hes leaving his current job for a full time job so he can be a better bf to his gf… All i could think of is where tf was this was of thinking 4.5 yrs ago ??? But I got to thinking… I need to be happy for him and be glad hes maturing and has found a good potential step mom to my son. Just try to be happy for them hun!

3 Likes

I watched my kids father parent another women’s child, while he never did anything with his own kids.
He never took his kids anywhere.He couldn’t be bothered to play or spend time with them.

He would do everything with his girlfriend and her daughter, but not include his own kids, which made me feel sad for them, that he didn’t want to spend the time with them.
3 years later and they now have their own child together and he drops everything to help raise their baby.

I have my children fulltime and have had them fulltime for many years now. The kids would be lucky to spend one day with him in 2 months.

I met a guy a few months ago, that loves and adores my children. He does everything with them and loves to teach them new things. The bond my kids and him have together is so precious and I couldn’t be happier!

5 Likes

His personal life is no longer your business.

5 Likes

I can understand, that’s the father of your children so yes there’s still some attachment there. The grass is not always greener on the other side, maybe he changed for the better or maybe it’s just that it’s a new relationship guys tend to try more in the beginning and get comfortable and don’t act the same later on. I’m separated from my son’s father too and there are times I wonder getting back together with him and other times I think about how there’s another guy out there for me who’s just gonna be way better than the last relationship. For real you just gotta focus on you, take care of yourself find a hobby. And take care of your children. The right guy will come for you when it’s the right time have faith in that

1 Like

I know it can be tough but you really just have to make sure that you’re not letting your personal feelings affect coparenting with your child. The only real say you have in the situation is having someone around your child. With them only being together for a couple months I would wanna know who’s around my child but besides that I would try to push my feelings aside.

1 Like

Therapy for you to help you recover yourself as an independent woman. You are enough, it just wasn’t meant to be. There are worse things than being single.

I’d tell him to keep contact only for child rearing and leave you alone about the rest. Sounds like he’s being spiteful just to hurt you.

Stop focusing on him, and focus on you. Once he realizes he’s not going to get the reaction from you he wants, he will stop.

3 Likes

Get over it and Move on, you broke up for a reason. Nothing changed when you got back together so nothing worth worrying about now

4 Likes

Move on and try to get over him.

That’s tough. But it is time to move on. Good luck

Cheyenne Pickering some of the women in these comments are so fucking rude and heartless

Let go qnd move on qnd mind ya own personally. Yqll been broken up q couple of years lol not a couple of months.

1 Like

It’s just an act. He is doing this to bother you and trust it probably wont last long. Move on. Itll bother him more if you ignore it

1 Like

Pay him no mind and move forward.

1 Like

He knew he was never getting back with you he hung on so you wouldn’t end up with anyone else until he found someone alot of woman fall for that its called false hope yet he knew exactly what he was doing sly prick…

Unless it’s about the child…don’t pay any mind.

1 Like

It’s really none of your business now. Let him be happy and you either work on yourself or find happiness. Co parenting is just that, co parenting. It may be hard to deal with but at the end of the day it’s about your child, not yours nor your child’s fathers relationships. The honeymoon stage doesn’t last forever so who knows in a few months they could split up.

2 Likes

Be glad he’s gone and move on