How do you feel okay in your postpartum body?

How do you feel okay with your pp body?I haven’t had any issues with myself until I’ve started trying to find an outfit for thanksgiving tomorrow. Four months of feeling like I was still hot and now I can’t even look at my body in the mirror without disgust.

5 Likes

It took me 2 years with each kid to get my body back. It took you 9 months to put that weight on and it’s going to take some time to take it off. Give yourself some grace.

I am almost 3 months post partum. I felt this on Thanksgiving. So I decided I needed to eat better and workout. Only I can control the change I want to see.
I also tell myself I grew a for 9 months so my body will need just as much time to go back.

If you find out, let me know. My youngest is 4yrs old and I just avoid looking at myself in mirrors or pictures other people take that are full body….some days I feel fine about it but those are few and far between. The days I hate my body outweigh the days I don’t unfortunately. And getting dressed for holidays is the WORST.

Looking at yourself in the mirror with disgust, you need to take a step back take a deep breath and learn to be OK with the beautiful body that just gave life to a beautiful soul your body is the least of your worries 

I had to fall in love with me. I would stand naked in the mirror and tell my body thank you for everything it’s done for me. If there was something I didn’t like about my body I’d show it even more love. You’re a divine goddess.

1 Like

I took action when I didn’t feel good in my own skin and continue to do so. Your so much more then just a mom.

I got an at home workout program started eating right and where I still have work to do I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin. I’m 60 lbs down and 20 left.

Why settle improve yourself and what you don’t like!!

1 Like

I had 3. Youngest being 2 and I haven’t minded Mt body since my youngest aax born

After eight kids I’m much more impressed with what my body did than I am upset about it not looking like I’m 20. We live in a society that sexualizes and idolizes girls that look like they’re 14. I encourage you to accept that women have body fat and breasts, they have rolls. It’s normal. Start doing things to celebrate your body, like a workout you actually enjoy, eat real food and indulge in things that make you enjoy your child and life. That sack of skin we worry about turns to dust before you know it.