How do you find a babysitter?

How does finding a babysitter work? I need to find a very very reliable, trustworthy, can handle children, etc. Person. Both my kids are under 5, one is just starting to walk… I don’t know how to trust people alone so it’s going to be hard trusting a random person. I don’t play about my kids period but I really need a babysitter.

5 Likes

Always do a meet and greet. We had one who was great on paper, retired RN and previous day care experience…she left a lot to be desired upon our meeting.

Please check out Loren P Espinoza she watches my daughter and is amazing and reasonably priced. She’s on the north side of Springfield and is the only one that I trust!

It’s hard to trust anyone, especially with our babies. I suggest Great References, observations/pop ins (if possible) and maybe a nanny cam or angel sense for listening in/tracking, especially with children that cannot/don’t talk/understand right from wrong yet. That’s just my overprotective self though.

1 Like

Cameras! Let the person know that you have them of course but because you can tap in and look at any time and can go back and look whenever you’d like will help ease your mind a little. Besides that make sure you do a background check, which isn’t 100% but it’s a start. Watch for the “fake” personality and let them speak. Ppl usually say things, without knowing, that tell the truth about them. A few references and make sure they are real references and not the friend at home waiting for your call. If you can, have her come in a few hours a day for about 3 days while you’re there or running errands and see how it goes. It’s hard and nobody will be able to prepare you fully for this.

care.com and start interviewing

1 Like

Word of mouth. Ask a trusted friend, coworker, relative, ect if they know of anyone that babysits or does daycare.

5 Likes