How do you get rid of head lice?

My daughter has head lice. What products do you guys use on your kiddos?

1 Like

teatree oil
dr can prescribe you a shampoo aswell

1 Like

Put the brown Listerine(yes the mouth wash) in a spray bottle and spray her head down, let dry then wash out. It’s cheap and actually eats the nits and adult lice completely. Kinda gross and scary that it’s for our mouths!

Depends on age. I used RID when my kids had it. I’ve also used mayo before. You can use anything as long as you have the patience to truly get rid of them

mayo works wonders especially for babies cause you cant use nix on them, and its cheap, you put it in there hair let it set for a while and then wash it out, and then do it again if they have more in there when you comb it, a friend of mine her baby had it from babysitters and i had to call the pharmacy and ask them cause she was only 5 months old

1 Like

Lather their scalp and hair with olive oil or vegetable oil put a shower cap or plastic bag tightly over their head (will suffocate the suckers and also releases the glue of the nits) leave on for a few hours (the longer the better) and then brush out with lice comb. Then wash hair. Repeat in 2 weeks just in case any of the lice or eggs were missed! Works like a charm and is super cheap!! Also super healthy for your hair!!!

Olive oil and shower cap over night wash next day and comb with apple cider vinegar (makes nits kind of shine so you can see them also makes them release from the hair) or lice ice works very well.

My dad put an entire jar of mayonnaise on my head and put a shower cap on it. I went outside in the summer sun and it basically baked the lice. Not sure how well that would work in the winter though.

1 Like

Call your doctor…there is a prescription they can give you. I wouldn’t be wasting time with at home remedies.

1 Like

Good quality lice comb and wet combing all the hair. Add massive amounts of conditioner and comb through in sections. Repeat every night for 7-10 days. Listerene will burn the kids scalp if the lice have been biting, don’t do it! My ex did it to my girls and they were really upset…

1 Like

Coconut oil, any oil after the cleaning keeps the eggs from holding on.

Nix… it’s worked every time!

My parents took my daughter to get it removed professionally. I did that to myself also. I don’t have the patience to deal with it.

Vamouse and a small tooth comb works like a charm and is okay to use for any age. No harsh chemicals and smells like baby powder.

1 Like

We bought tea tree oil conditioner at cvs and a lot of mayo. We mixed them and wrapped her head over night. Picked her head three times a day and did the wrap again at day three and day 7. Washed and bagged everything fluffy in the house

Seriously. Use mayonnaise!

1 Like

vaseline & a dog comb

Coconut oil. Works a treat and smells nice too. No need to spend lots of money it’s a home remedy that really really works x my 20 month old daughter caught them at a play group so I had to treat her and my 5 month old son as well as myself. It really works.

Tea tree oil put that in her shampoo put some in your else conditioner in her shampoo wash your clothes in it put some in a spray bottle and spray your furniture down with it tree tea oil is wonderful

Call your doctor they can give you a prescription for it. Then everyday after that. Put a couple drops teatree oil in water in a spray bottle and spray her hair with it after treatment. It works.

Mayonnaise in a shower cap overnight. Got rid of my lice overnight when i was a kid

2 Likes

Tea tree oil in the shampoo… that’s essentially what lice shampoo is anyways and cheaper.

Put tea tree oil in all of your shampoos and conditioner!!!

Nix. Don’t buy rid. It’s a waste of money.

Tea tree oil prevents them but won’t kill them.

I know it sounds weird but get some cheap disposable shower caps, and a bottle of Listerine. We soaked our daughters hair in it and put the cap on over night and wash out first thing in the morning. Also apple cider vinegar works good to if you don’t want harsh chemicals. We battled it for months and are ndow lice free after using every thing you buy at the store. Apple coder vinegar over night wash then pick threw. Then we did the Listerine over night and picked threw. Now sje isn’t allowed to go to school unless her hair is completely sprayed with hair spray and we wash her hair once a week. When we were doing 2-3 washes a week she would come home with a bug or two every day

I also suggest heat styling as a secondary measure if her hair is long enough. Using the hair straightener of course without burning her scalp help kill the nits that aren’t directly at the scalp