How do you handle toddler tantrums?

Sooo my daughter is 2 and a half and doesn’t throw tantrums as often as she used to. She had one last weekend and I let her sit on the floor and cry it out until she could calm down (maybe 2 minutes) she calmed down and hugged me and we talked about why she was upset. Today I had to go to Raleys because I forgot to take dinner out. My daughter walked in fine. Held my hand, laughed, put away a toy when I told her to. But when we got to the bakery she saw the cakes they had and wanted one. I was not about to buy her a whole cake :roll_eyes: I got her a free cookie but she didn’t want it and ended up throwing a fit. No hitting or throwing things, just loud crying and not wanting to leave.

I tried to let her cry it out like last time but people were staring. People even walked over to stare. So I picked her up and carried her out. On my way out 2 people stopped and turned around to watch :woman_facepalming:t2: I said “hi” and waved my hand sarcastically. I feel so embarrassed and humiliated. :cry:I wish I could have let her cry it out and calm herself.

Any advice on public tantrums? Besides spanking. :woman_shrugging:t2:

25 Likes