How do you mamas find time to be intimate?

I just had my daughter on June 11th. I had it via c section, so I couldn’t have anything in my vagina for six weeks. My husband knew it was coming and understood completely. He now knows times up and wants sex/sexual favors. I don’t mind sometimes, but obviously, it’s after kids are asleep, which is after 11 most nights, then I’m up between 3 and 5 am taking care of the baby. The question is, how do you moms find time to have sex?

18 Likes

You just make it work around them. I have a 3 year old a16 month old and a baby due at the end of august. Nap times and after bed tend to be the times, but don’t forget to make that time.

3 Likes

Dont wait till after 11pm
It’s really import to spend time with eachother
Quicky’s

1 Like

Put the kids to bed earlier.

2 Likes

Where there’s a will there’s a way lol

5 Likes

Do it when you can and he should be understanding. Sex isnt the only part of being in a relationship.

17 Likes

Honest if the kids are content and safe . We will sneak off to the bedroom for a quickie. Or I’ll wake him up around 2/3 am and have a great time that’s always very intimate. Or after we lay kids down and just go to the bedroom and do the deed lol. Sometimes it’s not so romantic. But I also only see my husband on weekends cause he’s a trucker . And I’m good with a quickie cause I have several insomnia and the only time I really sleep is when he’s in bed with me . And well he’s beat from work all week and running around when he gets home on a Saturday.

3 Likes

Move bedtime up for the kids. I know it’s probably easier said than done, but if the kids are to young to tell time, as soon as it’s dark out, tell them it’s bedtime. Putting them to bed at 9pm instead of 11pm would give you 2 additional hours. My kids are all older, 7, 11, 17 and 17. But the 17 year olds are usually headed to their room to chill after dinner. The two youngest have become nocturnal with everyone’s schedules all messed up from COVID, but they still have “room” time. After dinner, everyone gets showers, snacks, cleans up their room and is in their room to lay down and watch TV by 9pm. We take advantage of “room time” also, and after the kids are settled, we go to our room and watch TV there instead of the living room, which makes the house quiet and helps everyone settle. Good luck. Keeping intimacy in your relationship after children is both very difficult and very important.

1 Like

Whhyyy are your kids going to sleep so late?? My son(11mon) is 730 and my daughter(5) 830-9. Put them down earlier and get busy!!!

5 Likes

At night when kids are in bed (a lot of times that means the living room cuz we have kids in our bed) or for a quickie earlier in the day (you could do while baby is napping) mommy and daddy have to have a private conversation so we will be alone in our room for a few minutes with the door locked cuz it’s private or a surprise for you guys (surprise can be ice cream for dessert kids don’t know any better and you don’t let them down with a lie)

1 Like

In the morning before any of the kids are awake.

2 Likes

My daughter has gone to bed at 730 and sleeps until about 7 am. Sleep training was the best thing we could have done for us

1 Like

I honestly don’t know if I can explain it any better then what’s already been stated. You get it were you can. Its sex in the shower, or a quickie when there napping or safe and content.

3 Likes

Ive been married 11 years and we have 4 kids. Quickies almost everyday. Then on Saturdays we devote our time to each other to keep our sex life and marriage going

2 Likes

We have seriously had quickies in my walk in closet with the door locked :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t3: we have 7 kiddos ages ranging from 3 weeks old to 11 almost 12 years old. You just have to make time where you can. Nap time, while the kids are having a snack, heck even if they’re all being calm and are busy playing. I will say our situation is reverse though, I’m the one always wanting sex, and my husband doesn’t want it as often lol me and my husband work opposite schedules too so that we don’t have to pay for daycare. So we literally have to make time when we are both home :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Only time is when the kids are sleeping. Sometimes the kids are in bed early sometimes they aren’t and sometime when that time comes were too tired so it doesn’t happen.

Nap time, bedtime, whenever baby is sleeping. I will say though that it didn’t happen near as often when my son was under 7-8 months old and still not sleeping super long. We coslept and stopped that at 10 months and have sex more regularly since then. It’s easier whenever your baby is a little older and sleeping more.

Put a movie on for the kids and sneak away when you can

2 Likes

Put the kids down early once a week.
Make time.
Sometimes there’s only time for a “quickie”, other times more.
I understand you’re exhausted and have to be up again in just a few hours, but, believe me, “take one the team” now and then and give up that extra 30-40- whatever minutes of sleep once in awhile.
Believe me, either of you being sexually frustrated makes things more difficult and can cause tension, bickering, etc. It’s well worth that extra time.
Nobody is saying it has to be every night. But once a week at minimum always worked for us when our 3 were young.

5 Likes

I haven’t had my baby yet but I just make him nut fast if I’m not in the mood :joy:

5 Likes

I got 4 kids and I throw on some cartoons give them a snack and we sneak off to do “laundry” lol

5 Likes

We dont have time, but you MAKE time!

3 Likes

First get those kids to bed by 8pm lol. I’m 41 I have 2 daughters and just had our son 4 months ago. But we still do it quite often lol. Just anytime we can sneak it in we do . Just yesterday we agreed to finally tackle the garage n organize it. Best believe we got a quicky in that garage while the baby napped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Other times I’ll ask for a towel in the shower just to get him in there with me for a few lol . You just find away. Sure im tired alot but being intimate with my spouse is also a nice stress relief for me too.

6 Likes

Well he can also be the one to give you sexual favors lol… At that age baby can look at cool lights for a bit or listen to music… you can sit baby in a baby chair and baby can look out the window and get some sunlight.

Once they start walking and talking…that’s when it gets hard :sob::sob::joy::joy:

2 Likes

90 percent of our sex life is nap time or middle of the night or waking up at 5am for a quickie before our son wakes up at 6ish.

3 Likes

my daughter doesn’t really sleep in her own bed so we put on a movie and let her play :woman_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

Say the no matter what wake me … after kids are asleep

All you Mamas are Super Mama’s for being able to be intimate with your partners after having a baby. After I had my son, 18 months ago, the last thing on my mind was sex, mind you I was the one who did 95% of everything including diaper changes bath time bedtime routines so it’s understandable on my part on why I never gave my partner sex which could have led to the breakup of us, but dedicating my time to my son is so much more important. I have all the time in the world to have sex

4 Likes

I’m always the one wanting it. I’m pretty sure 10 minutes after my water broke I was like wait wait wait its guna be a few weeks come play quick and he was like NO HORN BALL BACK OFF. Little one wasnt even 2 weeks and I pretty much attacked him. (LO was born july 9th) we have 8 kids. Quickies in the bathroom, night time, morning time, in the shower, suck him off quick before work and when he gets home. I’ll take him where ever whenever I can get him!

15 Likes

Our kids go to bed at the same time every night so we have free time before we go to bed. They also nap/have quiet time at the same time (which was an insanely difficult and frustrating task :woman_facepalming:t3:). And if we have to we have set an alarm or use the time right after baby going back to sleep after midnight bottle. You guys will find a rhythm and what works best for you over time. Hasn’t been that long

Little baby bum is always the answer!

10 Likes

Do sexual favors for him
While he’s folding laundry …

7 Likes

Try taking a shower together, do a quickie when the little one nap

My youngest is 3 hes a mamas boy we never have time smh good luck

Use your imagination :wink:

1 Like

I have a 6 month old son and for awhile I was way too tired but now we get it in as soon as my baby is down for a nap or goes to bed and we make date nights and leave all the kids with a friend

We put our kids to bed at 7:30, they are asleep most nights about 9:30, we give no wiggle room and expect the older kids to stay in bed and set a good example… that gives us adult time in between kids needing us

1 Like

Your hormones and body are still in recovery. With time, y’all will get back into the groove. Just be transparent and voice how you’re feeling. Having babies is a game changer, just know that this season shall pass and you’ll have the energy again!

3 Likes

Make time because for men it is a need, it’s not always for us women but it is for them, ask for help take a nap when you can with the baby, let him know you want to have sex but you’re exhausted and ask him to help you rest so you can have some energy for sex

9 Likes

Start putting the kids to bed earlier. 11 is super late lol since I had my last baby 3 weeks ago I put my oldest to bed at 9 and baby goes down around 8. Yes he still wakes up every two- three hours to feed but it gives us time to hang out and watch movies or just talk or in your case have sex. Dont neglect your relationship, you still need to make time for you and your man mama

3 Likes

‘Times up’ kinda creeps me out

14 Likes

I’d strongly encourage putting the oldest kids to bed by 8.(at least they need to stay in room @8 and lights out at 9) And set aside an hour or two for the two of you. Shower together while the kids are situated and the baby is napping.

I’m confused are you complaining that he wants sex now that you can or are you asking when’s the best time? Lol if you want it YOU WILL FIND THE TIME believe me!! I have a 3 month old and 2 year old so most times its late & one of us is back up in a few hours for baby duty, work or whatever.

My first two kids are 10 months apart. Now I’m pregnant with my third. And her and her sister will be 13 months apart. I love my husband and I cant get enough of him. I get pissed if I dont get it. We had sex 3 days after I came home from the hospital with our firstborn and it’s been like that ever since. 3 under 3 by october of this year.

1 Like

Quickies are fun
Shower together instead of separately

Yeah wish I could help, my ex ruined the mood and like expected me to be ready to go lol :joy: but hey I realized when you wanna do it badly enough you’ll find time trust me

The “ i can’t have anything in my vagina “ cracked me up :rofl::rofl: u have more than one hole in ur body :woozy_face:

Never do it as an obligation. At the moment i have no sex life, but i have 6 children the newest is almost 2 months. Id put kids to bed sooner. But seriously don’t be doing it if you’re not wanting to. And it can take longer than 6 weeks to heal from a csection. Time isn’t up. He should be more understanding because even though you say he is by these terminology he’s not.

3 Likes

My little man born c-section 29may and a 6yr old after the 6 weeks we do it every single night but I saying that both r asleep by 8 and then that’s our time where we watch tv together and movies. Honestly do it when Ur comfortable my scar still gets tender.

We don’t. It’s a problem. But I’m now working from home, never get a break from the kids, and he rarely does anything to help around the house, so he’ll get it when he gets it IF he gets it. He can either be ok with it or he can leave me because of it. At this point I’m too tired to fight. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Make the time!! Maybe make a better bed time routine.

3 Likes

I might be shamed for this but…if baby is happy and calm on the floor we’d sneak off. If crying started we’d hurry to finish and go get him. Sometimes waiting until baby is asleep is just a never ending waiting game because once LO is asleep now you’re passed out and no one is getting any. Haha

12 Likes

We will wait for r babies to fall asleep bc nap time doesn’t work. Or wait until they r officially sleeping as in bed time and then b intimate with ur boyfriend/ husband

Get kids on an earlier schedule. It CAN be done. Mine go to bed at 7:30.

2 Likes

There’s always time for a quickie​:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not so much the time as it is energy!

4 Likes

I started putting my children to bed at 7:30 and we make time in the morning for time together.
And there’s also not a time when and how long you have to wait to have sex after having a baby. That is a completely personal choice and he needs to understand that.
Also tell him that being a mother is extremely exhausting, overwhelming and stressful.
The more he pitches in to help with baby, home and work as a team, the less stressed you will be and more likly to be in the mood.

3 Likes

When they are asleep

As soon as they go to sleep we do. But we enjoy eachother and both want to. Yes we are tired especially me I have a infant 2 yr old and 4 yr old. Hardly sleep cuz they go to sleep late too. We’ll go in the shower together or just do it before we go to bed. Every single day

I have 4 boys. 5, 3, 2, & 6 months. It’s hard but even quickies are good at time like nap time. Set the oldest to a sleep routine. Mine asleep by 8 to 9 every night. If my youngest asleep then game on. Which my husband helps put all to bed every night rather he gets some or not. With help it easier for both of us to have energy. That also includes clean up after they all eat.

Start showering together. Make deals with getting up with the baby. If he is able to cook.and care for the baby while you nap …etc

If you don’t feel up to it, don’t feel obligated to just because he wants it. It’s like an oven. Just because the timer went off doesn’t mean the pizza’s done. If he cares about you, he’ll understand. If you want it, sometimes you have to make time. If you have a pretty good routine down, you can “schedule” it. I know it sounds weird, but my OB recommended that for us, and it helps some.

5 Likes

We have 4 kids, just gave birth to our last one June 5th. We have a good few hour gap between 10:30pm-1:30am. In that time frame we make it happen. We also have our other 3 on a strict schedule. So no matter what we can get alone time for each other and for ourselves.

You just do. It’s not always easy. Just make sure you are saying yes more then no. It’ll get easier as the kids get older. Definitely try to get kids to bed before 11!

1 Like

It’s so hard. You want him to feel loved but Hello! We have a baby, I need to sleep. Or give him his 10 minutes. He will move mountains after, i hope.

Yeah, help and rest are a big turn-on. You both work hard and make sure the other gets rest and then you both get to have the fun.

I just had my daughter june 9 and he knows my 6 wks is up . but he also understands that I be tired and helps wit the baby … But we gonna drop her off to .y sister so we can have sometime to our self…#ItsOnAndPoppingLol

COMPROMISE!!! It’s truly important from both of you.

Make time or he will go someplace else

Tell him to UNDERSTAND or get up in the night with the baby so your not knackered!!

3 Likes

Don’t fall for the pressure to have sex. Just because hubby knows its been that long, he needs to realise your body has gone through a massive change. Birthing a baby (whichever way it is) is trauma on your body. Hormones will still be all over the place, and if you aren’t ready, you aren’t ready. Have a chat with him, and if he isn’t happy, tell him to buy a tube of lube … i say that to my hubby all the time, especially after hard nights with the little ones.

2 Likes

Five kids, and it’s honestly never put a damper on our sex life. I’ve always kept babies on a schedule, and our children have a set bedtime that allows us the last few hours of each day alone. We’ve always had sex every night, but a quickie during nap time or while they watch a movie is fun, too. On his days off, we make time during the morning, just after we wake up, if we need a little extra that day. I promise you don’t have to sacrifice a great sex life to be a parent.

7 Likes

C section recovery is at minimum 8 weeks physically. I had both my kids via c section. One emergency one planned. Truth is you make time when it’s possible but more importantly if you aren’t feeling ready emotionally or physically you aren’t obligated nor should be be pressuring you! One strategy that might work once the baby is more consistently sleeping is to make bedtime the same time every night in fact you can start that now by quieting down at a consistent time. Eventually the baby will adjust but 6 weeks is very young for any kind of consistency with sleep. Good luck!

2 Likes

Sneak off to the bathroom for a quickie during the day, any time baby sleeps, early morning…anytime that works really. I also had a csection but we didn’t wait past 2 weeks. We just took it real slow and spent more time with the other things at first

1 Like

Ok so I’m the one with the sex drive. So I try and play with it. My oldest is 12 my youngest is 2 months I’m lucky to have her as a helper. I get baby to sleep give everyone a snack and sneak down stairs. I have chores in the barn in the evening and the other day I called him out to the barn and took him right there. The cow wasn’t too impressed her dinner was late lol. Hell if the kids were all passed out in the rig and we were driving down a country road if pull over and take him on the other side of the tree lol. Gotta take any little chance you get.

5 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta make time for a quickie…get in, get off, get out lol put the baby in his or her swing or bouncer and get to it! The baby is too little to remember anything anyway :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Find someone a family member a friend that can take care of the kids for 1-2 hrs.

1 Like

Take showers together. There have been plenty of nights where we have stayed up till 2, 3 am to spend time with each other, just to turn around and be up at 6 for the day.

Well I guess I’m the odd one here I’m 10 months post partum and still have no desire what so ever but I never really had it to begin with :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

I don’t know how you waited 6 weeks! I know you’re supposed to but barely made it 4 weeks.

I always did it when baby was sleeping just put baby some were safe and go at it

Definitely get baby and other kids on a earlier bedtime schedule.

A movie, middle of the night, in the morning while they are eating breakfast

It’s now 16 months after my son was born, and honestly the thought of sex makes me vom in my mouth! I’m colder than a fish. Dryer than the Sahara. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

My kids are never up until 11. 8pm bedtime here.

3 Likes

Slack off on chores and get properly fucked, always feel better after and get more done lol

18 Likes

show some class people

3 Likes

You gotta make time. We have five kids between 6-16.

Tell husband to sleep outside in a tent till you are go and ready to

I had a horribly scary pregnancy, constantly sick and an emergency c section and traumatic birth with my son. PPD hit me like a freight train, we had 50/50 custody of his first 3 babies, crazy baby mama drama, a newborn and I did not even want him to look at me. It was a very difficult 8 months or so. I bought him a Get A Grip, a bottle of lube, told him I loved him but this will have to work for now,
you gotta let me get myself straight. After some of the pressure eased up in our lives, it got better, little by little. Find a schedule that works for you regarding sleep for the baby and mommy & daddy time. Quickies are great for some women, aren’t always satisfying for some women and some women just aint doin’ it. Figure out what works for you and your partner. It’ll take some time and talking, but talking about it is a great way to explore intimacy and find new ways to play.

1 Like

When the older kids are at their cousins or friends place and the baby is sleeping. Fuck the chores for the time being and get your clit licked. :joy:

3 Likes

Three days after my c section my husband and I had sex it was amazing .

1 Like

Wow 11pm! I barely make it to 830pm. Usually we have one night set aside a week we def try and fit in us time I also enjoy some wine daddy takes night shift too. Def didnt find time till our babe was 7 months not 1 month.

My daughter sleeps 6 hrs at night shes 4m and trust me we do it when shes asleep and honestly shes in bed at 8:30pm as her grandma got her on her and grandpas bedtime schedule

My husband and I do our thing after bedtime. we also do other things like play video games together enjoy our favorite movies or TV shows. We have snack time together we also (smoke) together so I mean from 9:30 till about midnight 12:30 we’re doing something even if it’s not sex. sometimes just enjoying each other’s company it’s just as good. but we have always dedicated bedtime as our time ever since baby time. Bedtime was always 7:30 or 8 even 8:30 at the latest and then as she grew up we moved it up 9:30 sometimes it’s 10!

Earlier schedule or we sneak it in any chance we can when the kids nap