How do you manage 3 kids close in age?

\

Hi. I’m unsure what to do and would like to know how other moms do it. I have a 5 year old and a 2 month old who is almost 3 month old and we just found out that I’m pregnant again and due in November. How do moms manage all 3 kids at once especially with 2 so close in age?

22 Likes

It’ll be hard! Good luck, you got this!

1 Like

U just do what u habe to do, and schedules are a must lol.

1 Like

I’m glad I started a schedule already with my 2 month old. It was completely unexpected to have another one so soon.

1 Like

Its not as hard as you think. I have 3 but that are 3 4 5 and having them so close is amazing. Yea they fight n argue but they are closer than my 3 girls who are all almost 3 years apart

1 Like

Plan with routine … routine is key :slight_smile: u can do it

1 Like

Lol. I had a 3 year old a 1 year old and a new born. My youngest 2 were born may 17 2002 and may 29 2003. Oldest July 27 1999. Look it isnt easy. I had a lot of breakdowns and moments I hated life. In the end it’s all worth it. Also from experience the older they get the easier it gets. Or did for me. Hang in there. You got this even in the times you think you do. I have faith in ya, if I can do it, I promise you can.

1 Like

You just do it. Try to get your other children on a schedule before the other gets here but remember they are children and aren’t perfect and try to maintain their schedule when the nee one arrives. You just make it work.

1 Like

My youngest two are 2 and 3 now. Routine and schedules are a big one!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the amazing help. This is really helping me look forward to November!!

1 Like

I have daughters 11 months apart…the only thing I can tell you is sleep when they sleep and do house work when they are content…my son was 5 when his second sister was born…having them help at times makes them feel important and not left out

1 Like

I’m also pregnant with baby number 3 and my other two kids are 7 years old and 22 months old

1 Like

God know what hes doing what a blessing

2 Likes

Cry… Cry alot… Then get the job done… Good luck… It is worth it… One day they will be grown and give you gifts… Keep focused on that goal… Haha…

3 Likes

With lots of help from the 5 yo.

2 Likes

My boys are 13 months apart I feel your anxiety. As soon as that baby is born get on a schedule asap it’s the only way to keep your sanity. Your oldest will help alot!!! Get a very comfortable baby carrier/wrap. Otherwise it all just falls into place. I’m here if you ever need to vent!!!

1 Like

I have 9 kids. Get a schedule down, be organized

2 Likes

Keep a structure schedule, write a list, and love every minute of it mama I have 3 at ages 1,3,5

1 Like

If the parents of the five children are able to do it so can you. Maybe if you try birth control this won’t happen again. Try and space them at least 5 years apart. It can become overwhelming if you don’t have any help. I am saying a prayer for y’all :pray::pray::pray::heart:

2 Likes

I have 4, 3, & 1 it sounds daunting. Within a month of having your new bub you’ll find a rhythm. There is not right answer here. Just know that it is possible. My first two are like a year and two months apart and my littlest is two years younger that my middle one. All will come together in time.

1 Like

My last 3 were born so close it was like having triplets. Baby 1&2 were 11 months apart. Baby 2&3 were a lil less than 14 months apart. You will do it, it seems over whelming to think about it, but once you have a schedule it wont seem so bad. I cried when i was alone, i learned to ask for help, that was really hard to do. Also every now and then take a lil time for yourself even if it is to take a hot bath. You will do great!!!

1 Like

Stick with a routine and stay on top of it. I have 4 kids, and they are each 17months apart from one another. 5,4,2 1/2,and 16months. It will be a breeze after you get your routine.

1 Like

Love, hugs, babysitters, lmfao! It’s gonna be ok momma!

1 Like

Two of mine were a year apart and my fourth two years later (my first was 3 when I had my second). The two that were only a year apart was like having twins everybody even thought they were.It is manageable just go with the flow

1 Like

Actually I have an Irish twin(11months apart) and we kept each other company quite a bit while mom had our 3rd sister. We would also help with diapers and tummy time and feeding. Put your village to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only have 2 kids (4 and 2) but I also babysit two 3 mnth olds and I found having a schedule and routine works the best if you stick to it.

1 Like

Mine are 1, 3, and 4. I planned my family to be like his on purpose. The kids will be extremely close, never bored, and will be able to to sports together. I also regularly babysit another 3, and 4yo and it’s really now that bad cause they all play together.

2 Likes

Once on schedule .this should go smooth

1 Like

I’m a foster mom and have 6 kids currently, 4bio older kids and then 1 that will be 2 next month, 1 that just turned one, and we have a newborn coming to us in just about two weeks. It can be tiring but try to stick to a schedule, keep them busy with things to do, take breaks even if it’s just for a few short amounts of time. Make other mom friends and try to enjoy it!

1 Like

Mine are 10,9, &8. Try to figure out a schedule now to get your 5yo and 2mo on. That way when baby gets here, you aren’t fighting all three at once. It’s exhausting with three so close in age now. However, when they were babies, as long as I stayed on a strict schedule it wasn’t as daunting as you may feel. They all ate at the same time, which meant diaper changes were generally at the same time as well. It’s overwhelming at first, but you will do great momma! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I didn’t obsess about strict schedules, I just let things play out for the most part.

2 Likes

I have 6 kids your going to have to get on a schedule. Ask for help if you can, maybe find a cleaning lady to come once a week n clean the main areas. Like kitchen dining room bathroom living room for 60 to $80

1 Like

Try your hardest to take care of yourself, ask for help from your friends and family. If any of my pregnant ornot if any of my pregnant friends or mamas to new babies asked me for help I would be there.

1 Like

I raised 3 kids and worked a full time factory job. Time management is important, consistency is a must and lots of love and patience.

1 Like

I have 6 kids. You just do it because that’s what moms do. They take care of their kids.:wink:

2 Likes

This entire thread is so helpful and positive. Pretty awesome.

1 Like

Honestly it will probably be hard but they will grow up to be best friends. I would have loved another baby but I’m single so I don’t want to bring another child into the world if both of them don’t have a father x

1 Like

Get a routine going!! I have a 2yr old, 5month, and 1month old! ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE!!!

2 Likes

Oh they manage honey you will make a way

1 Like

I have a 12 year old a 6 year old a 3 year old a 2 year old and a 10 month old my last 3 were all premature believe me u will do it u will just adjust to the new routine when baby is here

2 Likes

I had 4 all 1 year apart structure n schedules worked for me. They are 27 28 29 n 30 now

1 Like

I have a 2 year old & a 1 year old & am 5 months pregant. Im also a single mom, its hard for me. But doable, obviously.

1 Like

i had my daughter in june an the next August i had twins. but mind you i already had a 7 year old an a 5 year old an a4 yeat old then my daughter in june an then twins. you do manage i promise you it will take time but you will get it all to come together.

1 Like

You grow with each child. I have five 8,7,5,2, 7months. You got this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try having twins :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I also have a 5 year old and my youngest is almost 7 months. All I can say is routine is key. Once you have a routine in place everything is so much easier. I already had a routine with my 5 year old son and when i had my youngest i was so worried about how i would handle everything. My little man fell right into the routine I already had in place and it has been a major blessing. Not only did it make the transition of adding a new baby easier for me but it also made it easier for my 5 year old.

1 Like

To be honest I dont this house is a whole ball of crazy

1 Like

I have a 7yr 6yr and 1yr old that are into many sports so we are busy we have routines we stick to I have organized thing so everything is ready each morning for each kid do it every sunday even breakfast make ahead to freeze

1 Like

I have four it’s hard but you’ll get used to it and you just have to get into a routine.

1 Like

It will be hard… but you will adjust to it. Just find your groove and you will find a routine that works for you and your family. Also, make sure you have a great support system. Put grandmas on speed dial!

1 Like

I have 5 kiddos 8 and under. And some days I just lose my mind. Lol :joy:

1 Like

My mom had 10 I still don’t know how she did it all😂

1 Like

My sister had five in five years. You’ll find a way !Routine and schedule! Good luck!

1 Like

By keeping your legs closed

5 Likes

I had 2 of mine 14 months apart . I’m not gonna lie it was rough at first. The first week my husband and moma was there to help the first time I was home alone my 14 month old wanted to be held and my newborn needed to eat they both cried and I cried to but as the days went one it slowly got easier you learn to multitask the older child learns he or she has to share mommy I promise it GETS EASIER

2 Likes

It. Does. Get. Easier…but it will be a struggle regardless.

1 Like

Wondering the same lol, I have a 9 year old, 6 year old, 13 month old and am due in less than 2 months with my last baby. :persevere: I’m terrified. :joy:

1 Like

I have a 4 year old, a 1 year old that be 2 in June n a 9 monlth old that be 1 in June. Yes it is hard but then at time it’s easy but u will get overwhelmed at times but take day by day that what I do

1 Like

Mine are 11, 12 & 18. I feel crazy all the time so I guess don’t ask me lol. Two more weeks & I’ll have 2 teenagers in this house :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Lol. My best advice is to go with the flow and try your best to get them all on the same sleeping schedule when your youngest is about 6 months.

1 Like

4, 6, 10 and 12. Once you get a routine it gets easier. It’s always going to be busy. Especially yours close in age. You just have to find your way

1 Like

I raised 4, my last 2 are only 14 months apart, I absolutely love it, built in best friends and they went through stuff at the same time, they are 4 and 5 now, older sister is 10, I’m not raising my stepson anymore but he’s 14, raised him since he was 7, loud house full of kids but it’s fun

1 Like