How do you manage postpartum anxiety?

How did you deal with postpartum anxiety? My fears are so bad. Yes I started Zoloft for the depression and they entered me into a program…I just fear my boyfriend will take my baby and leave and never return. I was so full of anxiety yesterday that my BP was 151/100.

3 Likes

I had the same fears. I was afraid to leave my baby with my husband and mother in law to even shower. What I found helped me was a joining a group of women who were also post partum weekly for support. My health insurance set me up and it was covered at my regular copayment. See if your insurance can offer your something like that. It helped to know I wasn’t alone. It’s completely normal to feel this way. I hope you feel better :heart:

I had a baby a year and a half ago. I had some pretty bad postpartum. My fear was I would drop my baby on the hard ground. I did try Wellbutrin and I had an allergic reaction so I couldn’t take it. I don’t take really any kind of pill out there. Not even Tylenol unless I have to. It got less and less as time went by. I still have irrational thoughts but tell myself they are just that. I hope it goes away for you.

I had to go to treatment, three years ago. For a few months, really helped me when I had postpartum. Medication and therapy. Saved my life. Good job on recognizing and trying to help yourself!!

Single solo mom so I was always fine absolutely fine. I couldn’t risk saying, hinting or feeling anything else. Of I couldn’t take care of her she’d have been taken as there was no one else. So I just always answered fine absolutely fine to any question I was asked either directly or being tricked into an answer.

awww im sorry you are feeling like this, has your man ever given you a reason to not trust him? but definitely work your program and trust your Dr.'s and reach out and talk to others go for a walk in the sunshine and fresh air, nap when your baby naps.

your blood pressure is concerning. it may not “just be anxiety”. Depending on how long post partum you are, you need to have that evaluated medically.

My ex was on tinder that night he found a new girl a day after our last fall out, they were together for a couple of months till they had issues, he came apologizing and i took him back and let him stayed with me, little did i know after canceling child support, custody hearing and letting him claim our child on taxes which fell through until i noticed something was off, i saw a recommendation here on Facebook just like mine about a guy who is able to hack into all kinds of devices he’s Instagram @ hackman_andrew84 decided to give him a try… He helped me hack into my Ex’s phone & i was able to see all he’s messages, videos, pictures, both old time deleted info & he’s WhatsApp , Facebook & all other conversations, i found out he has been lying to me and i got the information I need to file for divorce and custody of our child… if you’re similar situation & you need the services contact on instagram:@hackman_andrew84