How do you stop a sunburn from hurting?

How to help sunburn from hurting? I don’t have Aloe and all the stores around are closed so I can’t go buy any.

7 Likes

Regular Noxema cream is a miracle worker for sunburn.

1 Like

Night cream for your face. Also have the coldest shower you can.

Take a milk bath
Lukewarm water

White vinegar. It stings like hell for a few. But will pull the burn out

3 Likes

Apple cider vinger, stinks but helps

Vinegar… it won’t stink after you are dried off. Soak in tub

Pain relievers,cooling the skin

white vinegar. put on a cold water dipped cloth, gently wipe over the burnt skin

3 Likes

If you have potatoes slice one and place slices on the burn. The starch removes the heat

Vinegar. You will smell for a bit but you will feel better lol

Aloe Vera with lidocaine or straight from the plant

Paradoxically a hot bath/shower. Opens the pores to let some of the heat out. Possibly wet tea bags on small parts.

I keep sunscreen in my purse, car, swim bag, bathroom so I always have some. They now make stick sunblock like deodorant sticks. No spill and easy and not messy to apply. Bad burns can haunt you years later with skin cancer.

At the store, you can get a aloe vera sunburn cream, kinda that you can put on after it and it cools it

White vinegar, pour over burn in cool shower, redo as necessary.

Take a hot bath with vinegar, it takes the burn out. Then put unscented lotion on.

Aloe Vera and cold compress

White vinegar actually takes the sting away

7 Likes

800mg of ibuprofen, brew strong tea bags, let tea cool, soak on old tee shirt in it any lay it on the affected area.

1 Like

If no aloe - A shower and lavender essential oil

Bactine spray is my favorite for sunburn, if you have any on hand.

Noxzema face wash is the best.

Vinegar soaked in a towel takes the heat right out

Apply egg white and leave on as long as possible or overnight.

Tomatoes or cucumber take the heat out and baking soda mix with water or soaked oats will aid healing.

Tea! Make some tea. Ice it down. Dip a rag in. Put it on your skin

I usually take a really hot shower before bed and when I get up in the morning it no longer hurts. The shower is very uncomfortable but it helps.

Soak black tea bags in water then rub the tea bag on it. Very soothing for burns.

Johnson & Johnson original baby lotion! Put it on before bed & the sting is gone by morning!

White vinegar, soak a paper towel in a bowl and lay it over the skin. It’ll immediately pull the heat out of the skin. It’s the only thing I use because I’m allergic to aloe, it actually works better than aloe which is what I used before I developed the allergy.

Get rid of your skin off and hope it hurts less than before

Vinegar and water. Put a wash cloth in it then put the washcloth on the burn

An cold Tomatoe from the fridge ,cut open and rub all over burns ,it cools immediately and pull the burning red out

There is a diaper rash cream called DESITIN. It takes the burning sensation away from babies, and it does the same for bad sunburns.

Green tea added to a cool bath