How do you survive when your whole family is sick?

How to survive when your whole family is sick…and you have 0 energy to do anything…and your kiddos need you?

5 Likes

Take blankets to the lounge, get snacks and put the TV on for kiddos while you nap

You get through it. That’s why we’re moms.

Maybe make camp in one room/cuddles and do ur basics as much as possible with just dealing with them. and nap when you can, always can catch up on bits when your feeling more energy yourself. Hope their all feeling better real soon

My kiddos were on towels in the living room and I turned on the cartoons. Hopefully dad is there too so you’re not alone. We may feel like we have zero energy but we always seems to find. You’ll find it and you’ll get through it, it just doesn’t feel like it right now.

Hard! Once, in the matter of hours, me and all 3 of my kids came down with the stomach bug. It was rough!!! And my so called significant other/kids dad wouldn’t even come home to take care of us. His response was “sorry I’m on my way out of town to a cornhole tournament…” needless to say, that’s ONE reason he is an ex

1 Like

Pull a mattress out to the living g room. Have a movie/sleep day. Bring tissues, snacks, drinks, tylenol. Keep everyone together and be lazy. That’d how we do it when we are ALL down.

Lots of prayer and soup. My whole family got the stomach flu when I was two days pp… With my 8th baby :grimacing:. Only me and her didn’t get it. Then my kids were constantly getting colds and such for 4 months straight, then I got sick for 2 months straight… Thank God she never got sick, because breastfeeding is amazing. You’ll get through it, keep holding on and microban Your house, washing everyone’s sheets, etc, boil toothbrushes, keep windows cracked for fresh hour, and get everyone outside for a bit

For you: Any am/pm pills are a GODSEND, don’t let ‘em drink your stuff or kiss you so you don’t get it
Them: soups, easy to eat snacks, LOTS of juice/water, chill bed day with movies and shows, hot baths and lots of vapor rub

Call a family member or a friend to help you

1 Like

All of you camp out in living room make a big pot of soup and put snack and drinks where kids can reach them

2 Likes

Depends? Normally if me and both kids are sick we spend the day watching cartoons and lounging in my bed :person_shrugging:
Housework will be there later

Suck it up and get on with it :sleepy:and wait for the bug to hurry up and bugger off

Ask everyone you know to do one thing as needed. Bring chicken soup, bread for toast, applesauce, bananas, 90-second rice packs, lemon juice, honey, cough drops, instant mashed potatoes, butter, OJ, teas, ginger ale, tissues, masks, sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, Vick’s, (if one person can head to the grocery store for all of it using your credit card or cash, bonus), heating pads, extra blankets, ice packs, Tylenol for kids & adults, do a load of laundry, run a load of dishes, give one kid a bath, run the vacuum, change the sheets, or bring movies, etc. If not, everything seems to be available online for home delivery, though that won’t help with household tasks.

Use the sani-rinse or really hot water setting on your dishwasher if available. If doing dishes by hand, boil water and soak dishes in it & hand wash them after the water’s cooled enough to handle. If Wash & dry clothes often if you have appliances in your home. Pick a time & make it an all hands on deck effort to carry clothes to the washer. Take turns switching the load to the dryer. If not, ask a friend to run laundry to the laundromat for you. If not, let things pile up until you feel better and can run multiple loads at once at the laundromat.

Get fun masks & have everyone wear them and get fun sanitizer and have everyone use it plus lotion in a pump bottle for when your hands are ready to crack from frequent washing. It really does help. Change masks often. If you can get reusable ones, maybe the kids would hand wash theirs if you tell them to give their masks a bath in the sink, or in the tub while they’re bathing.

Kids can enjoy wiping everything down with disinfectant wipes, so give each of them a particular area: sinks, countertops, handles/doorknobs, light switches, bathtub, shower fixtures TV, and especially cell phones—anything touched often. You may get stuck with the toilet/s though. Don’t forget the refrigerator and contents like cartons, containers & drawers inside.

Keep masks & sanitizer on hand for everyone in the family for any time someone gets a virus, & use in the home to cut back on cross contamination. Take your vitamins and go outside for exercise to help build immunity. Periodically (once a week, 2 weeks) send the kids with disinfectant wipes to wipe down surfaces in your home you don’t clean daily & get wipes for cell phones and use them often.

Hope y’all feel better soon!

Take vitamins. Sterilize all commonly touched surfaces at least once a day, or more. Keep Clorox wipes nearby those areas to make it easier. Drink a lot of water. Simple meals can be a savior, or meal prep when you have energy.