How do you wash your kids stuffed animals?

Not really mom related, but it’s for my kiddo! He is obsessed with this stuffed animal, like has it at all times and won’t sleep without it, but it really needs a bath. He no longer has a tag to read the washing directions. How do you wash your stuffed animals?

9 Likes

Throw them in the washer and hope for the best… I have to sew some limbs back on :grimacing::woman_shrugging:

Depending on what it is sometimes I put it in a pillowcase and then I don’t wash don’t ask me why it’s just always how I’ve done it

Probably not as often as I should but when I remember I do lol

1 Like

I wash ours in pillow cases tied up. Seems to protect them a bit.

1 Like

Wash normally and dry on delicate

Oh I just wash mine never dry though I just washed my daughter’s 3ft giraffe came out great

Gentle cycle in the washing machine if it isn’t too big. If it is too big for my washer, I take it to the Laundromat

I washed my daughters stuffed elephant on gentle cycle or on my washer it has a hand wash cycle and when it’s done I take it out and use a hair dryer on it but not to close or hot and I use this bore brush I have to fluff it back up as I dry it it turns out looking brand new I’m too scared to throw it in the dryer in case I wreck it. Or could just hand wash it your self with some gentle soap. Let air dry.

Tide makes an antibacterial fabric spray. I use that, let it dry to kill the germs (as long as there’s no big stains or gunk) then throw em in the dryer at high heat for good measure.

We put them in a zippered pillowcase

I put them in the dryer with dry cleaning sheets

I would put it in a pillowcase and wash it

2 Likes

I’m wash them like normal. Mesh laundry bag to dry but like normal.

I wash them, but never dry them. I’ve noticed they don’t come out that wet

3 Likes

i have put in pillow cases and washed in the washer if able to otherwise wiped them down.make sure tie the pillow case.

I wash as normal and dry . I do it often . Haven’t lost any eyes or noses lol

1 Like

For older stuffed animals I put them in a pillow case. and use a hair tie to keep ir closed.
But depending on fur I wash and dry like any other load. It’s int super fuzzy I let those air dry.

1 Like

Just throw it in the washer and dryer. That’s what I’ve done for years

12 Likes

Wash in washing machine on gentle cycle. Use minimal soap. Air dry in a well ventilated area… preferably with sun
If you put it in the dryer use a low setting because high heat might melt the fabric or other materials

I always threw them in the washer but never dried them

2 Likes

I give it a gentle bath in my bathroom sink whatever the tag says! If you’re worried try to just wash the outside. Use a facecloth. I tend to cover mine in Vanish detergent gel then rinse off. To help it dry I tend to put it in my washing machine on a low spin, stopping when it starts to speed up. Dry off with a microfibre towel then brush with a tangle teezer whilst damp. It can sit outside on a towel or inside on a radiator wrapped in a towel. Brush at regular intervals until dry.

Usually just the washer, no dryer.

I throw everything in the washer. Delicate cycle. Dry in the dryer on low heat until about half dry (damp) then air dry the rest.

1 Like

In a garment bag with towels

I put mine in a pillow case. Wash and dry with colors.

Put it in a bra bag /laundry bag

1 Like

Mostly in a pillow case in washer on delicate.

In a lingerie bag on cold with bedding.

I’ve washed them in the washer BUT if they’re special stuffies I hand wash them and put them outside in the sun for a little while to dry

i just throw them in the laundry like i do with clothes

If they have hard plastic eyes/ nose I put them in a pillow case to prevent scratches on the hard plastic but then just wash on a gentle cycle and either air dry or dry on low low heat, the heat from the dryer can mess up the fur if it gets too hot

1 Like

Yes. I would put them in a pillow case and if the have plastic eyes I would air dry.

3 Likes

Put it in a pillowcase - tie a knot in it and wash in cold water and on delicate . Tumble dry on low

I always washed and dried them in a pillow case with a hair tie at the end to keep it closed.just in case stuffing were to come out.

I put my kids stuffed animals in the washer and then let them air dry. Knock on wood so far nothing bad has happened by putting them in the washer

Put in a pillow case , then wash, dry on low heat in dryer got to be careful if plastic eyes , or hangout in sun to dry

Just threw in washing machine n dryer

2 Likes

Just like you do clothes-thrown it in the washing machine w your detergent and then dry in the dryer

1 Like

I just throw it in with my laundry, never had any issues

Tie it up tightly in a pillow case and send it through the washer.