How effective is the birth control pill?

In your opinion how effective is the birth control pill? I’ve been on the depo shot(hated it) and I’ve been on the Nexplanon, which I did like. But I got it removed a few months ago so wanting to try the pills out!

8 Likes

Pill has worked well for me since I was a teenager. I got off it a while ago but had to go back on to control my cycle and bleeding.

I was on the pill for 5 years, no problem and it helped control my weight

I had the pill with no problems for a few years but back this past January I got so sick that I wasn’t able to take all of my meds including my birth control pill & now I’m about to have a baby next week lol it’s effective so long as you take it

I got pregnant on it even though I took it on time every day never missed a dose. I am now 40 with a 2 yr old. Def not part of the plan

Take it accurately and it’s 99% effective

I got pregnant with my last baby on it

Depo was great for me the first round, absolutely awful the second round (after having my first child). Switched to the pill and had two separate unplanned babies ON the pill for both :upside_down_face:

Sometimes taking depo shot can make you permanently infertile… I’ve seen it happen to a few different women.

1 Like

The pill worked on not getting pregnant but I had to stop taking it because of all of the side effects.

I have two adult kids…both were conceived on the pill.

1 Like

I didn’t get pregnant on the pill but I hated having to remember to take it!!

2 Likes

All birth control is 99% effective. And it is different from person to person. Some people have no problems with the pill. Some have unwanted side effects. And the there is me. Who got pregnant twice on the pill.

So I was on depo then Nexplanon, they are the exact same medication just different doses, and when I wanted to go to a pill that was similar my doc recommended slynd which is a progesterone only. Also called the mini pill. I’m on my 3rd month of it and so far I really enjoy it

My daughter got pregnant while on the pill for 2 yeara . They make different ones though

It’s best if you can remember to take it every day at the same time. I used to set an alarm on my phone to remind me.

Birth control pills are 99% effective . You can get pregnant on birth control , it’s just a much lower chance . But anything can happen and you need to have that mind set . Birth control is not 100% effective

1 Like

Got pregnant on it. Do not recommend. Highest failing method aside from relying on spermicides.

1 Like

This is about how effective it was for me. :sweat_smile:
But I got pregnant with the IUD 2 times sometimes birth control just doesn’t work for women

As long as you take as recommended and assumingly you don’t have issues with the hormones themselves, it’s pretty effective. Also remember that other meds can interact and make it ineffective as well. I’ve heard of women that it just isn’t effective for, but it’s not often that I’ve seen/heard of it. I liked the mini pill (progesterone only), just have to remember to take it in the timeframe, I always had an alarm set just in case but took it at my typical bed time to help me remember and I knew I would be home.

Hated the pills so I did depo lol everyone’s different

Depends who you are honestly. No type of bc worked for me.

I’ve takin the pill since highschool now I’m almost 28 the only time I got pregnant is when we were tying for our 2 kids. I put mine right by my makeup it helps me remember.