How far along were you when you gave birth?

41 4 weeks
40 3 weeks
41 3weeks

Labour ranged from 32 hours induced
5 hours induced
18 hours spontaneous but I didn’t realised I was in labour for a good 7 hours. I would feel a little nervous about the trip.

*Maybe don’t use FTM to describe first time mom as it takes away from Trans folks.
Regarding your situation, I’d definitely bring up the probability that you will go into labor either prior to or during this trip so it’s his choice if he wants to miss the birth of his child. Focus on being healthy for you and the nugget and let him make his bed, that’s something he’ll have to live with for the rest of his life.

2 Likes

41 weeks and 1 day- 33.5 hours of labor induced

39 weeks and 4 hour labour all 3x

So he wants to potentially miss his child’s birth? Wow.

To start with mentioning an earlier comment, someone said something about just being really honest and asking him about how he feel if he missed the birth. You could also raise concerns that if something were to go wrong and he wasn’t there you would feel worried without him. But I will say my first baby didn’t come till 5 days after the due date so. With that being said though everybody’s different and all medical situations are different. Just be really really honest about how you feel with him and have a conversation that hopefully can remain calm and respectful.

My water broke. I was in my 39th week. From the time water broke until I was fully 10 cm was less than 4 hours and then I pushed for 2 hours.

First time? Was induced at 41 weeks- 27 hours of labor

Second, 38 weeks 10 hours of labor

Third induced at 40 weeks, 7 hours labor

I’d let him go, have an enjoyable time before baby comes :woman_shrugging:t2:

first 39 weeks 6 hour labor
second 38 weeks 3 hours
third i was 37 weeks 1 hour total

42 1/2 weeks 30 hours of labor and had an emergency c section the first time. I was in the military and it was 1993.

I went at 39 weeks with my first. Started having contractions at 11pm went to hospital at 5am had her at 3:15pm.

42 weeks with each one

36w1d. Was unexpected. Husband worked 3.5 hours away and almost didn’t make it in time. We almost had to do an emergency c section, thankfully I could wait til morning.

41 weeks 7hrs
39 weeks (2nd and 3rd child)5hrs
34 weeks (twins) unexpected 4hrs (1.5hrs apart)
40 weeks 12hrs
So it all varies.

My first was 37 weeks. Second 41 weeks. Hard to say. But i wouldnt risk it.

Both my boys came just on 38weeks, they were both very quick entering the world x

1st on my due date. 2nd 5days early. 3rd 6 days early

First baby-37 weeks, labor was about 6 hours

My first I was 41 weeks and had to be induced and my labor lasted around 19 hours my other 4 my labors lasted between 10 and 20 hours

37 weeks 2 days. I was apparently in labor and not aware. Went for my checkup and I was 5cm dilated. Got sent to the hospital around 4:30, had her at 10:42pm.

I was born at 28weeks so there’s that lol

1 Like

I had my son at 41 weeks 24 & a half hours of labor before an emergency C-section and my daughter was born at 38 weeks via C-section :slightly_smiling_face:

Well every person is different i was induced with both my boys n labor was only 3 hours lonh if that

Honestly how your body labors is mostly hereditary so ask your parents how all their children’s births went as well as grandparents if possible. Sometimes you’re built totally different than your family but it’s a good place to get an idea from at least.

I guess it all depends on him if he doesnt mind taking the chance of missing the birth of his kid …everyone is different so you wont know by other people’s experiences .

All four of my babies were early, anywhere from 1 month to 3 days early

I was 40 weeks and 3 days. I went in for a stress test and was told to go up to labor and delivery. I had her on a Tuesday and was told if I didn’t go into labor by that Friday I was going to be induced. But for some reason I was told I had to have a C-section (apparently all the women the week I had my daughter had a C-section.

Both my boys came early 1 at 28 weeks one at 37 first one was in active labor for 9.5 hours

I was 40 weeks and 1 day

Both kids I went over… 1st I was 40+3. Second was 40+6

41 weeks 2 days whole labor start to finish 9h, im currently pregnant with my second and hoping i dont go that far again this time around

41+1 weeks, labour was 10 hours

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18355 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer82.surge.sh/

Is it only one or two days? You’ll be okay

Every women and pregnancy is different. One thing I do know is that stress is not good towards the end of pregnancy. Is him being gone and you worried about labor the whole time worth the stress on your body? Labor isn’t the only issue, stress can cause a lot of complications. The less the better :smiley:

1 Like

There’s no right answer!! SIMPLY BECAUSE ALL PREGNANCIES ARE DIFFERENT!!
I say he better go NOW and get it outta his system; BECAUSE ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!
EVERYTHING CAN CHANGE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!

1 Like

Tell him to stick around. Babies only come out once & he can go fishing anytime. If it’s your first it’ll be slower, but who knows? Subsequent babies come out a lot faster, so keep that in mind.

40, 38, and 39 weeks.

38 weeks 5 day and labour was 12 hours!

I was 41 weeks and 2 days when I had my daughter.

1st 42 weeks over edd (induced) 2009
2nd 3 day prior to edd (came on own) 2011
3rd 5 days prior to edd (came on own) 2019
4th 4 days prior to edd (induced) 2022

All girls.

I gave birth on my due date. I was in labor for 29 hours.

40 weeks 5 days with first and 41 weeks 4 days with second, both Labour’s lasted around 24 hours my daughter was born 15 minutes after getting to the hospital :joy:

Never hit 40 weeks thru any of my pregnancies. All were roughly 38ish

1 Like

I was induced at 41 weeks 3 days. Took 36 hours from start of induction to birth :sob: but seriously every pregnancy is different, there’s no way to tell.

I made it to 39 weeks with my first and 34 weeks with my second. Both I had to be induced due to complications.

37, 40, 37, 33 All came on their own. No inductions.

1st 39 weeks 12 hours of labor, he came on his own

1st pregnancy my daughter was 9 days past her due date and we had to have an emergency c-section. As for my son my doctor scheduled me for a c-section at 39 weeks.
Going into labor is something that cannot be expected on a certain day or time. Not unless you have a scheduled c-section and even then it’s not guaranteed you will make it to that date without going into labor beforehand.

41 weeks with my first, 37 weeks with my second

No one is going to be able to tell you how your body is going to work when it’s time for baby but I would definitely try to stop him from going and if he goes then he doesn’t care about your feelings or much about you alls kid

3 Likes

1st pregnancy 40 weeks. From water breaking to being born about 21 hours.
2nd pregnancy 36 weeks. Water breaking to birth was about 6 hours, but I had a C-section and it was twins….

36, 38 and 39 weeks.
First baby was 2 hours, 2nd was about 9ish hours and my last was 12 hours.
No way to tell

•37.5 weeks-labor from time water broke 3.5 hours
•41.5 weeks-labor from time water broke 1.5 hours
•40 weeks-labor from time water broke 1 hour
•40 weeks-induced 15 hours

38 weeks when I went into labor

40+4 with both. First, 18hrs. Second 8hrs.

My first two I went into labor and had them at 38 weeks and 4 days (first was within 24 hours of my first contraction, second one came in I think it was like 2 hours from my water breaking), my third was 38 weeks and 3 days (she was my first C-section, but I was in full blown labor that day so they took her out) soooo, you could be super close :see_no_evil:

My first was 40+4
Second 40
Third 40+4
If its your first you probably wont go too fast. Pay close attention to your body so u can give him as much warning as possible

After 36 weeks my husband was glued to me :woman_shrugging: I never made it to 40 weeks. 38 weeks with my first and 39 with my second.

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18475 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer95.surge.sh/

35 weeks 3 days. He came on his own. Hospital broke my water and I delivered 5 hours later.

1st 38 w 2nd 36w 3rd 24w 4th 32w 5th 38 (6th 27 w but waters broke at 21 weeks )

40weeks + 2days went into Labor the day I was due had her 2 days later. :rainbow: :baby:

First 11 days past due, years ago. Second one delivery 3.5 weeks early.

My first arrived unexpectedly almost 3 weeks early. Fishing trip can wait :relieved:

1 Like

37 weeks for me. Ask him if he could go earlier this way he still gets to have some fun and will still be there when you go into labor. Although no one truly knows when that baby will be ready to come lol

With first baby I was 36w4d and was in labor for 32 hours

First one I was 41 weeks exactly, everything was done manually for me (induced, water broken by doctor, epidural). Labored for 25 hours, pushed for 3.
Second was much faster, had him at 39 + 2, was not induced but did have my water broken again by the doctor, and had the epidural; labored for 7 hours, pushed for 11 minutes.

Incredibly different with every woman so it’s hard to say. Sorry, mama, I know that’s not very reassuring. Hoping for the best !

38 weeks but only cause i was induced with pre eclampsia :woman_shrugging:t2:

1st 30 weeks, 2nd 36 weeks

Every person is different! I went into labor at 40 weeks 1 day. Ask your OB before traveling!

1. 32-46 weeks
  2. 40 weeks 3 days
  3. 39 weeks 4 days
  4. 39 weeks
  5. 28 weeks 2 days
1 Like

Had both of mine at 36 weeks.

I had our first at 37+4 :slightly_smiling_face: I’d personally suggest having him stay home, even if you don’t go into labour, to me it just isn’t worth the risk of him possibly missing out on the birth of your baby!

1 Like

My first came at 38 weeks after a 3 day induction.

1st- 37 weeks
2nd- 37 weeks
3rd- 35 weeks

Just tell him it’s not a good idea. It’s way too close to your due date.

2 Likes

Both girls one week overdue 12.5 hrs and 3 hours

I was 30 weeks pregnant and my husband went out of state for a night.
The next day my water broke, and we were transferred to a bigger hospital where we stayed until I had my son, who was born 32+6
I was in labor for 24 hours and my son came all on his own.
And he was in the NICU for 2 months.

I spent my entire pregnancy being extremely careful due to losing a baby 9 years ago at 27 weeks and still had complications

So no matter how prepared you are, things happen.
Just live your lives. And have back up plans.

36 weeks with the first , 38 with the 2nd

You cannot compare your future birth to anyone else’s birth. Some people are early, some people are late. Some people have their kids on 20 mins, some in 48 hours. He goes he risk not seeing his child be born. He could’ve scheduled a trip earlier and not stressed you out.

1 Like

Fishing trip and you are that far along? Doesn’t he sound super invested in his upcoming new child. 🤦

37 weeks with all four living children.

My 1st was 3 days early. Labored for 13 hours.
My 2nd was 2 weeks early labored for 43 hours.
My 3rd was 1 week early, labored for 5 hours.
My 4th was 2 days early, labored for 3 hours.
If you think him being gone will be stressful at all, I wouldnt go along with it. Heavy stress is what caused my 2nd to come 2 weeks early, 38 weeks exactly.

He needs to stay home!

1 Like

39+5. It went pretty quick for my first. I was already 3cms dilated a week before I went into labour. Within 1½-2 hours I was 9.5cms. I still got the epidural as he was still very high up.
Yes, he needs to stay home. It sucks, but welcome to parenthood where you have to miss out on things sometimes. He will have other opportunities to go.

I believe I was at 41 weeks and 1 day.

I went into labor on my due date, baby born 01:35 early next day

If he wants to see the birth of his child then he needs to stay home otherwise if he doesn’t then let him go

Haha If my boyfriend goes on a fishing trip that late into my pregnancy he better get lost at sea just sayin :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

My 1st was 1 day early . I was in labor for 30 min

My 2nd was 1 week early. In labor for 2 hours

My daughter 40 weeks my son 38 weeks

My first child I was in labour for about 8 hrs but was also induced. Second 3 hrs and then my third was induced so that was 3 hrs.

1st- 36 weeks
2nd- 38 weeks
3rd- 41 weeks & 5 days
4th-38 weeks
5th-37 weeks

1st -42weeks, 6hr labor

2nd- 38weeks, 2hrs. Was not showing any signs at previous dr appt.

3rd- induced at 40 weeks, and only 40 min

I wouldn’t, there’s just no knowing.

I was 39+2 when I went into labor. My labor as a hole was 2 hours from waters breaking to me holding my baby. My partner was at work and took him a hour and a half to get back to me he literally walked into the pool room and within 20 mins our baby was here.

I was around 36 weeks with both my children. I had my daughter 6 hours from entering the hospital. My I was in labor for 18 hours. She was 4.14 he was 6.11.

My 1st was 4 weeks early and 6 hour labor, my 2nd was 6 weeks early emergency C-section

40 weeks
37 weeks
37 weeks

If your man wants to be 7 hours away when you’re 38 weeks pregnant throw the entire man out. Like really. Out to the curb.

First kid 40 weeks 4 hours of labor. Second kid 36 weeks 12 hours of labor.

41 weeks with both of mine. About 8 hours of labor with my first and maybe 10 with my 2nd