How far along were you when you had your baby shower?

When did you guys have your baby shower? Like how far along were you? I’m due in February (24 weeks today) and feel like it’s too early but want to do it before it gets super cold out.

5 Likes

Whenever you want to have it mama girl :heart_eyes: congratulations! I pray for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery for you and baby!

When I was due in early March I had mine at the end of November. Too much hustle and bustle before and after Christmas. It went perfectly

After the 3rd trimester.

1 Like

36 weeks. My cousin and I were due with in a week of each other it was a joint shower

I’ve always done it a month or two before. I’m pregnant now and my family is throwing one at the beginning of November and I’m due in December. After you find out gender it’s really up to you when you would like to have one.

I was due at the end of January and had mine the middle of November theres too much going from thanksgiving to new years and by January I felt it was too close to my due date!

I’m due mid February and I’m having mine the week before thanksgiving. If it weren’t for the holidays sure I would wait a little longer… BUT throwing a baby shower between thanksgiving and Christmas is just too much for me personally. Between work schedules, holiday shopping, and possible snow storms too, I just want to be safe. Good luck Momma! :heart:

For my Son I was due in March, we did his baby shower in February. It gave some of our family and friends time to recoup from the holidays! I personally think anytime after you know the gender would be appropriate. If you want do it before the Holidays and before the snow (based on your state) starts flying. We had a major snow storm a day or two before my baby shower and then freezing rain the day of.

Praying for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery for you and your baby!:heart:

I’m due in January and having mine early November at 30 weeks because I’m afraid of how the weather will get especially with how 2020 is already going lol.

I honestly don’t even remember. Lol

I had mine after the baby was born! Did a little meet and greet a couple weeks after birth.

2 Likes

Im having mine next Saturday, ill be 32 weeks.

I was due January 22 and had my shower mid October because i didn’t want to compete with weather and holidays.

I’m due feb 7 and having my baby shower in November before the holidays

1 Like

I’m due February 26th we’re having the shower January 8th

First time I was 35 weeks. I didn’t have one with my second because it was another boy, but my third was a girl so I had another one at 36 weeks. She was born the next day lol

With my son, 25-27 weeks & he was born at 35. With my daughter had a shower at 35/36 weeks, she came at 40w. My opinion, earlier is better because u never know.

With my last baby it was a week before my due date lol. With the others I believe a month or so before. But you do whatever you want! Whatever will make it easiest for yourself

I did mine at 28 weeks. But there was also a good chance I would have the baby early. Which I did by almost a month

With my first my baby shower was 2 days before my inducement. I was 37 weeks. With my second I didn’t have one. Cause I saved all my oldests clothes and use them now for my youngest I had boys so it worked out well.

I had mine like almost a month and a half, after she was born. :joy: I was homeless while pregnant, so had alot going on. So that was a no go. But ended up working afterward.

I was 32 weeks in March and my princess came April 24 :slightly_smiling_face:

I was due March and had it in January

4 weeks before I was due …i would’ve liked to have done it earlier but my LO was due March 4 so we waited longer to give everyone time to recover from the holidays

You can have your baby shower whenever you want. Remember it’s your baby and your pregnancy journey. So hell if you want to do it the day after you find out the gender then you do it girl!! You do you and be happy with your choices because that’s what it’s all about. Mine was 3 months before my due date and that’s because I wanted to be able to have time to set everything up and organize and wash everything, I didn’t want to have to rush around the last few weeks to do it all. Good luck and best wishes to you mama!! :two_hearts:

I had it August 3rd she was due August 25th she was born on August 26th you do the math on that lol

28-30 weeks. I’m glad I did because they were both born at 34 weeks!

I had mine at 36 weeks and 35 weeks. Both my kiddos came exactly 4 weeks after the shower.

I had my shower after my child was born :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I scheduled mine for almost 6 weeks before my due date and my girl decided she was crashing the party. Water broke, missed shower, she arrived at 12:07am that night.

I have one at 34 weeks and another at 37

I was due Dec 20th and had my baby shower in the beginning of October

9 months. May 2010. I had my son 2 weeks later.

I never had a baby shower with either baby

In my culture we don’t celebrate a baby before born because its bad luck. So my son was a month old when I had my shower

wait until after christmas for sure unless you enjoy having baby clutter for 5 months crowding your house. plus your supposed to have a big baby bump for photos!!

1 Like

I agree I had mine at 7 months for both my babies

My daughter is due in February also and we had hers last weekend. Didn’t want to get to close to the holidays and she didn’t want to be to uncomfortable

I did mine at 32 weeks

I had mine at 37 weeks and I wish I wouldve had it earlier bc I was a swollen mess.

I was going to have mine at 34 weeks but my daughter made a surprise entrance at 30 weeks so I didn’t bother having one because she was already born and was in NICU

I was due in February and had it the beginning of December. She came in January

Whe the baby was born

Had mine in July he was born in August

I had two baby showers. One that my work threw for me(literally a week after I found out I was having a boy) and then our families threw us one in the middle of January, and my son was born April 8th… we had it inside though, so the cold weather wasn’t an issue. In my opinion, as long as you know the gender it’s never too early to have one. That way you know what all you have and if there is anything you didn’t get you have plenty of time to get it and have the baby’s room ready before their arrival.

I was due 10.23 & had my baby shower 09.07. So about a month and A half before my due date.

First one I was about 32 weeks. My second I was 37 weeks 2 days. We ended up not having my second one because I was induced at 12:30am the day of the baby shower

I always did mine about two months before. But I’ve heard people doing them when they’re like 5 months along and I never thought anything of it. Mine were always later. With my second it was two weeks before my due date!

I’m due in Feb and my mother in law wants to do mine soon as it is hard during the holidays to do one. For my 12 year old daughter I never had a shower, did it all alone. This time it has been 12 years since last child and she said she is throwing one no matter what because it’s to celebrate this little girl

My mother in law threw mine at the beginning of January and I was due the end of February. She wanted all the family to be able to buy me what they wanted to buy before the shower, so no one would get a crib if I already had one or something.

Was supposed to have mine 2 months before my due date, but my princess decided to arrive 10 weeks early so I ended up canceling

Baby showers have only become a thing here in recent years. I didn’t have one for either of mine lol

Beginning of the 3rd trimester.

I had mine a week later 1st kid she’s 39 now

I’ve had 3 kids and never had one.

My son was due dec 14th, we had the shower oct 16th but my little man couldn’t wait and came October 29th. Some wait till closer to the due date but if I would have then he may have already been here.

I was due beg. October and had mine in August so like someone else said it was 2 months. I wanted to be showing, but it’s all up to you and what you want you’re the momma! I just wouldn’t do anything too close to your due date in case you go into labor early :grimacing:

with my first born I was due December so I had my babyshower towards the end of November, but she came early so we had a “welcoming home”, now that I’m pregnant with my second I’m due January but we’re also having in November just in case I have him early since I’m already showing preterm labor signs :blush:

Sounds morbid, but I always waited until baby was “viable outside the womb” just in case… miscarriage was always my greatest fear.

I was due january 4th had mine sept 22nd I wanted to be able to have everything ready luckily we did it when we did I went into preterm labor 2 weeks later which they stopped and then again and finally induced dec 26th

My baby shawer was planned then my baby came too eary hahaha he was born the monday and the baby shower was the sunday so we made it a meet the baby party😂 bummer my mom was soo dissapointed she was planning sooooo harddd shame

I had one in March and one in April when I was due in June… just do it when it works best for you…

I had mine way too early but I also live 900 miles from my family. I had mine at 20 weeks since we didn’t want to travel during winter.

I’m due in Feb. But my sister and I decided to do a duel baby shower because of everything going on. Ours will be in two weeks.

I did mine 6 to 8 weeks before my babies were due!

1 Like

I did mine about 1 and a half months before my due date!

I had mine when I was 35w2d and she was born 2 days later at 35w4d

How old is to old to have a baby shower, coz my mum didnt have 1 with me…i need new clothes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I was 36 weeks had baby boy at 39 weeks :blue_heart: on March 26th

I think I was like 27-28 weeks.

2 months before. Those last months can be tricky

1 Like

I had mine 2 weeks before i was due :blush:

I think I was 35 weeks for both of mine

Like 2 months away from having my daughter!

I had mine in the 20th November nd nd had my baby in the February

Never was able to have one

Whenever YOU want it’s YOUR shower! Congratulations mama!

I had mine Sunday I’m 22 weeks

Never had one for either child

Didn’t have one with any of my three

Didn’t care for one. I got all the things I needed prior.

More crap from the USA

I was due in january and did it before the holidays came. So much easier

Both of mine came early so they attended their baby showers lol. Do it early so you have time to get whatever you may still need!

Do it whenever you want !! I hate that people make pregnant women feel like they can only do certain things certain times . I wanted mine as early as I could because the bigger you get the less you want to do. After a baby shower there’s so much to wash (new clothes etc.) I wanted to know what else I needed to buy too and like I said the further along you get the less you want to do, shopping included ! We did my first at like 28 weeks maybe and the other I had to wait til 34 weeks because I wasn’t the planner . Whatever is convenient for you I say.

1 Like

Usually around 30 to 37 weeks you do them but whatever your comfortable with I guess. I lived with my mom and stepdad while pregnant, I was 18 and was 37 weeks 5 days when I had mine but my mom and step mom threw it for me and I didn’t know much about it (one of my uncle’s and my boyfriend were the only guys there). The next day was FFA breakfast and a bit after it (because we went home) I wanted to get stuff ready and go shopping because I wanted to use my gift cards. My boyfriend who lived with me in my mom and step dad’s house didn’t feel like coming with me and was going to give in after me bugging him about it I went into labor, the look and panic on my boyfriend’s face was priceless. At 36 weeks and 6 days I had my daughter.

I’m also due in February. I’m 25 weeks and having my baby shower Sunday. I wanted to do it before the cold weather and holidays came! It will also give me more time to figure out what I still need to buy, and have time to do it!:blush:

1 Like

Both times it was a week before birth lol first time was supposed to be 3 weeks before but he came early. Second shower for my girl was planned one week before her induction

I didn’t have mine til i had my daughter 2 weeks after my daughter came a month early she was supposed to b born February 12 nd was born January 15 preemie stage

Had my daughter in January… had shower in mid November due to holidays

My first I was 32 weeks. I’m currently pregnant and I’ll be 36 weeks and 1 day on the day of my baby shower.

I had mine at 34 weeks then had my baby at 35 weeks :rofl::see_no_evil:

I’m doing mine at 25 weeks

Didn’t bother with both kids.

I had my baby shower in June 2019 was due in September 2019 but I was moving in mid July so I wanted all the stuff that I needed to move in my apartment so I wouldn’t have to move it later ourselves. And most of my family and friends were where I was so I didn’t want to have it later on and make everyone drive 6 hours away.

I honestly had my baby shower in the hospital with my baby next to me. I was 3 weeks early.

Did mine a month after he was born

1 Like