How hard is it going from two kids to three?

Just a quick question, going from 2 kids to 3 kids? How difficult is it? I have five years old, almost two years old. I really want another baby? But I don’t know how difficult it could be? Even with two kids, I lose my mind sometimes. I love them, dearly! Please help me!

7 Likes

Don’t forget about the middle child… I hear once you have 3 you might as well have 5. Not playing because it’s easy after 3

1 Like

Lol oo its lovely…they have someone to always hang with…but that includes fights and arguing over petty shit allllll day long

That depends solely on you, your attitude, your parenting style, your level of patience, etc.
For me there was no difference in the 3rd, 4th, even 5th kid but I know plenty of people that can’t handle one lol

I have 4 with #5 on the way it wasn’t too hard but as they got older it did get harder especially as a single mother but now I’m no longer a single mother which makes it a little easier

My first 2 we 5 &6 when I became pregnant with my 3rd and I’m so happy with the age gap the first 2 fight constantly but are both great with their baby sister

Going from 3 to 4…was very challenging for me! I remember going to Walmart for the first time when my son was a few weeks old and I had all the kids with me. I left crying!!! Lol… baby (#4) was screaming, #3 was grabbing stuff, she was 4, and #2 was complaining, she was 7, and my oldest was 15… I left thinking, Id never be able to shop again, or go out in public without help ever again… lol!! Fast foward 13 years. We added a #5 unexpectedly when I was 43!!! So, my oldest 2 are grown and on their own. I have a 16 year old, a 13 year old with special needs and diabetes and a 2 year old!!! I’m still struggling. Lol!! Said all that to say this… you’ll adapt. There’s no perfect or easier number or order. You’ll just figure it out. Go for it!

3 Likes

I have two that are 5 and 3! But i have 6 niece’s and nephews that are around allot! Honestly one more doesn’t make much difference. :joy: You have so much experience by now is second nature, and especially as the older ones get more independent! We are planning on having another one soon too! Good luck :heart:

My mom (6 kids) said once you have more kids, than you have hands, it’s all the same.

1 Like

After having my third I understand why my mom just pretty much laid down and gave up after 5.

1 Like

I have a 6 year old, a 2 year old, and a 12 month old. It’s hard at first. But after you get used to it, it gets easier. :heart:

It’s not. 1 to 2 kids are hard, but 2 to 3 is fine, I would suggest having a 4th tho. One is always left out! If you have 3 might as well have 4. I had my tubes tied at 3 and regret it so bad. I would have went for one more!

1 Like

I was wondering the same…

3 is easy, 4 is hell.

2 Likes

Have your 3rd I swear it gets easier the new baby just slides in there within a wk you’ll wonder how u done it but you do , I had 5 under 7 yrs old , they just slip in and life goes on

The rule of three, is real. Have 4…

My 3 were just about all 3ish years apart…having 2 was like ok I got this and then I had another and it was chaos. They’re now all in double digits…2 teens and a 10 yr old, it’s still chaos but it’s the best chaos in the world.

I have a 5yo girl, a 2yo boy and an 8mo girl. Its okay but im also a sahm and i do doordash for work so majority of the time im dashing and theyre riding taking up my whole backseat. Every mom is different and my kids are not in daycare or go to any familys houses because i cannot afford that and my family has a lot of problems which are reasons why i refuse to let my kids over there especially unsupervised (by me or my husband, mainly him because they hate me too :joy:) but this aint about them or all that.

In shorter words…
Its tough. Laundry for 5 will leave you with piles for days. Some days youll want to say fu(k it to all the household chores, and not cook a damn thing for dinner but order takeout instead. I love my kids to death wouldnt trade them for anything. Mom life of 3 is like having a mini petting zoo. Amazing but things can get crazy

Going from 2 to 3 was my easiest transition yet.

I have 3 kids 6, 3 and 5 months at times it hard but at times its easy it gets easier as months go bye and you get into a routine with them all

My daughter in law went from 2 to 4. It hasn’t been to bad. The most difficult part is affording 2 of everything. And making room in the vehicles

2 Likes

Girl I’m going on #4 :rofl: we all lose our minds! Going from one to two is the hardest

I have four 18,15,12 and 10… when they were little the older ones helped with the littles. Now they all pretty much do a lot for themselves. Depends on how close in age. Mine were spread out for the first three I had my last one after my tubal failed. Just remember to spend time with each and get to know them as individuals cuz they will all be different. And parenting isn’t easy. Some days they will team up others they will wanna fight to the death lol. But u will always be their mom and now u get extra cuddles and love. Congrats. It’s a blessing.

Having my third has been the easiest transition. If you’re overwhelmed with two sometimes, maybe wait till they’re a little older and more independent. Then you can really enjoy the baby snuggles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have 7 yo and 5 yo girls. They play really well together for long periods and help a lot with the baby.

I honestly don’t understand why people say 3 kids is easy. I have 3 and it’s not easy.

1 Like

I have 3 kids my daughter. Are 13 and 14 and my son is 9 adding him to mix was not a big change I think it Depends on how you handle things but I definitely don’t want any more

I have 5 boys 13-8 it’s struggling at times but I wouldn’t change it for the world. One is autistic and one is adhd. It’s really all about how you raise them. I was raising them carefree we do what we want when we want and life was crazy, now I have shcedules plans meals chores and it seems to be easier

3 Likes

Two kids is a lot easier, in my opinion. Having a third means carrying a baby while you do everything you already do.

3 Likes

Two was definitely easier. I had an almost 7 and almost 4 year old when I had a third. And all three have birthdays so close together. It was til the youngest was about 1 that it started getting easier. And even some days it’s still a struggle juggling all of them with school and preschool

Totally worth it. There are certain things to consider, having a car to fit 3 carseats. You would be surprised how many regular sized cars dont accomitade that. And the big kids love to help. Watching them take care of their baby sibling is something I never thought about before but every day watching them show their baby sister how to do things melts my heart. I say do it.

2 Likes

Not bad. 3-4 is awful!

1-2 was easy. 2-3 was challenging.

It’s very hard. You’re outnumbered. Worth it. But hard.

I have a soon to be 5 year old and my 2 year old turned 2 a month before my son was born. He’s a month old now. He was also the definition of unplanned. I was on birth control. It hasn’t really been that hard except for managing diaper rotation. But now that we have that down it’s all pretty easy. The hardest part was my 2 year old adjusting but she’s coming around.

Honestly, it was easier than I thought. You’ve figured out it with two, throwing another one in the mix just makes it more fun.
Side note…mine are now 13, 16 and 18. But I loved having a third.

2 Likes

Honey, I have 5. It can be tough. Spread the ages out. Especially if you have 2 in diapers. My oldest is 19, then I have a 13, 11, 8, and 9 month old. You will never have time to yourself. You have to be on a routine/schedule. I made it work in many ways. It gets frusterating and stressful at times. But I love all 5 of my girls. I even have one with special needs. It just depends what you can tolerate, and what kind of things are going on with your child if you need special services, or have the time to do everything to meet your childs needs. Spread it out. Im a single mom and have to have stregnth, patience, time, and a lot of time

It was easier than I thought it was gonna be. I have a 6 year old, 5 year old, and 2 year old. Honestly it was harder having the first two probably because their so close together but going from 2 kiddos to 3 was a easy transition for all of us.

With having a third i would make sure the 2 year old is potty trained if she/he isnt already. Also it really depends on the child it self because some have colic and are fussy.

I think going from 1 - 2 was harder than 2 - 3.

4 Likes

So hard. Way harder than one to two.

Not too tough at all. Do it before you get older and everything about it gets harder. Haha.

3 is alot easier than 2. My boys are 8 years, 5 years, and 5 months.

1 Like

You won’t have a 3rd hand for the 3rd child, that is probably the hardest part. You may need to invest in a new vehicle because fitting 3 car seats across can be a challenge. Forget vacation packages…those are apparently for families of 4 :joy: there will be more mess, more laundry, more fighting, more sleepless nights and more to LOVE :heart: I had 3 in under 3 years.

Its hell. I do.not lie.

6 Likes

I like kids, but I can’t eat a whole one!
3 here, stick with 2!!!
No middle child syndrome!

2 Likes

Going from 2-3 was harder for me than 1-2. I’m not exactly sure why either, it just was.

I found the hardest was going from 1 to 2 the rest ( total 6) was much easier

2 Likes

It like living in Jurassic Park.
Seriously though. It is not hard to go from2 to 3. Wrangling them is the trick especially when they realize they out number you.

They say 3 kids is harder than any other number of kids. Dunno how accurate that is but ive got 3 and it has its challenges but parenthood of any amount of children does

It’s up to you. I have a 4 year old 2 year old and 4 months. Honestly it’s very very hard to do the 2 year old and the infant. My two year old is very active and needs constant attention and to be taught. It’s hard to do that while feeding formula to a baby and constantly paying attention to the baby’s needs. I would say wait till the second kid is 4 honestly but it’s what you can handle. I do my kids myself I don’t have any help. Cooking cleaning etc plus taking care of 3 kids under 4 is hard. I have no breaks. Even while sleeping u have to wake up and do feedings so you hardly even sleep. I’d say wait. My 3rd one was a surprise I wasn’t trying to get pregnant at all.

1 Like

I’ll let you know in 5 1/2 weeks which is when I’m due with my third lol.

1 Like

It was WAY easier going from 2-3. 1-2 for me was torture.

2 Likes

im having number 6 on august 24th via csection.

the key to sanity (in my opinion) is a baby proof room (living room) for everyone to be in while you’re adjusting to life with a newborn and no sleep… and potty training completed before the next one is born is a life saver.

i have always ptty trained right before birth of my next one (some how. i didn’t plan it on purpose) like my 1st potty trained in june/july before i had my second. then, my 2nd potty trained in September before she was born in October then, my 3rd potty trained before my twins birth. … not sure im gonna be so lucky with my twins before august though.

1 - 2 was harder for me.

1 Like

3 was so much harder for me than i thought it would be. Two was a piece of cake.

I swear it took a full year to adjust to my third child! I love them all, they are my world but 3 boys is a handful and ALOT of football :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a 12,11,10, 7, and 16 month old. It’s crazy but it’s only at bedtime am I over it

We only have two but we had a buddy tell us one day that going from 2 to 3 was going from man to man defense to zone defense. I thought it was a good analogy.

I have a 17 yr old, 6 yr old and 5 yr old. Having my last two close together it was easy. Well for me. It wasnt a big adjustment.

Going from one to two was definitely easier than going from two to three.

No difference just more to love

I feel like having all boys is the absolute hardest

1 Like

I went from one to three (twins) and 3 is so freaking hard

Going from 2 to 3 is a cakewalk compared to the jump from 1-2.

No Idea but I’m About to find out in a few weeks time possbily Less​:joy::joy::joy: I have a 7 year old &4 year old so Far… so Surely A 3rd cant be that bad​:woman_facepalming:

My 3rd turns 1 tomorrow and I still feel like I’m drowning all day every day. This isnt depression. It is just really really hard all the time. Even my husband feels this when he is with the kids.

But on the plus side. It melts my heart watching them play together and with 3, they teach each other more than just 2 did.

All at the same time, my 17mo climbed on a table, my 4yo was rolling around on the floor meowing and my 6yo was throwing the empty dog dish around.
I got the baby off the table and set him down then I just walked outside to smoke a cigarette. (I can see them through the window).
You will be stretched thin but you’ll make it.

A lot of people go through pains in their relationships it’s hard to give up on true love, sometimes we pretend to be fine but we are not, fighting to get the one we love is also fighting to get back our joy and . Dr Mamudu to help the broken hearts for he’s capable and able to get your EX lovers, partners, wife and husband back with he’s powerful love spells. Get in touch with him via through his ommEmail address :drmamudu47@gmail. com Or WhatsApp:+2348143284524

Thanks.

The hardest for me was going from 1 to 2. The hard part about the 3rd one was the pregnancy :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::sleeping: while caring for two other kids. When I gave birth, I was just happy to have all that weight gone!

Very, very hard. It is a world of difference.

A lot of people go through pains in their relationships it’s hard to give up on true love, sometimes we pretend to be fine but we are not, fighting to get the one we love is also fighting to get back our joy and . Dr Mamudu to help the broken hearts for he’s capable and able to get your EX lovers, partners, wife and husband back with he’s powerful love spells. Get in touch with him via through his ommEmail address :drmamudu47@gmail. com Or WhatsApp:+2348143284524
Thanks.

3 was a lot harder than 2! Mine are all 4 years apart and everyday is a struggle. I am always outnumbered and exhausted.

3 was really hard for me at first. However, now that they are a bit older it has gotten much easier. My kids are close in age, 19 months and 22 months apart. Was hard when the 3rd came along because my oldest 2 still needed me so much. Now that they have a bit more independence they all play really good together and keep each other entertained a lot of the time

There is no good way to answer this question. For me going from 1 to 2 was so much harder than going from 2 to 3. Three kids under 4 was so much easier than 2 kids under 3 because of the temperament of my third baby versus my second- and you can’t plan that! Think long and hard, but if you both want it, do it! They grow. That itty baby phase only lasts to long, but dividing up between 3 sports teams and 3 school events can be harder!

Going from 2 to 3 was awful. My kid were 5 and 2 at the time that I had #3. My bvb post partum depression was awful and expressed itself in anger; and I mean intense anger. I sought help and it got A LOT better. Now we have a 9yr old, 6yr old, 4yr old and a 5 month old. Going from 3 to4 was easy. I don’t know why, but it was just easier.

I have four kids now but honestly going from two to three I didn’t really notice a difference. Just as going from three to four didn’t really change much either.

Lol! I was just talking about this with my mom. I’m the oldest of 3. Pretty much, my mom says she could take 2 of us anywhere and we were fine, but if she added the 3rd we’d just beat the crap out of each other. To combat this issue, add another kid! Bringing a friend or cousin evens it out and nobody gets ganged up on!

I have four and honestly with three there is always one that needs something and you can’t get to it but after learning to handle three I could do more. Of course thats my opinion and I stopped at four but I would have more if I was younger. If you love children, you can afford them, and you want them then go ahead.

No one experience is the same, but if you are going to have another, one thing that helps is to create a plan to offer support for you during the baby phase. Could be your spouse, family or friends. That way you know going into it that you’ll be supported as well as your kids.

1 Like