How late was your baby?

Pregnant mama of baby #2. My due date was the 6th, and I know they push for induction by 40 weeks. I’ve done some research but I’d love to hear from other mamas. Any mamas go past 40weeks? Past 42? What were your experiences?

4 Likes

My1st I went 42 weeks they wouldn’t even induce me they wanted her to come out on her own

First I was 14 days late, easy 1.5 hour labor. Second was 10 days late. Two hour labor. Oldest daughter had two first 10 days late second 7 days late. Youngest daughter has two as well, first 15 days early and second elective c/s 1 week early due to breech presentation.

My second was 5 days past her due date. I went into labor after eating 2 pineapples. It worked for me or maybe I just really wanted that baby out lol.

My son was 40+2. So it wasn’t too bad.

Almost 43 weeks with my son due to the dr being a moron. Then I had no choice but to have a c section because he was too big.
Previously the dr was going to allow vbac but then changed his mind and said my son was too big. My son weighed 9lbs 12 oz. Do not recommend lol

1 Like

There is an estimated due date. Drs can get this wrong a lot. You can go up to 42-44 weeks. It also depends on the baby.

41+4 with my oldest 7 lbs 4 oz
41+0 with the second 7 lbs 2 oz
I have a crockpot instead of an oven :rofl:
We’re done but I joke that maybe we could get a 40+3 for the 3rd lol

My 1st was a week late weighed 9lbs 12oz , my 2nd was 13 days late weighed 6lbs 12oz and my 3rd was 2 days early(I was induced) and 6lbs 11oz

First was 14 days late, second was 4 days late, third was 13 days late and fourth was 5 days early.

First two 2 weeks 3rd on time

You don’t have to be induced. Your in charge of your birth and pregnancy not the doctors…I declined induction and gave birth at 41 weeks.

It’s dangerous to go past 42 weeks,

With my second I went in at 41 weeks for an induction and when the midwife examined me she ended up giving me a sweep and it kick started things. She was born within 3 hours.

You can refuse induction if you want too, it’s something you don’t have to have. I’m pregnant with my 4th and have said I don’t want an induction and just to have my waters broken.

My Dr would not let me go past 41 due to the health risk. Most drs won’t let you go past a few weeks over your due date if they feel it is a risk to you and the baby. I say let that baby stay in there as long as everyone is healthy. My mom went 42 almost 43 with me and we were all happy. Remember a due date is an estimate

Longest I’ve technically gone is 41w. And they very much would have gone 42w before they asked if I wanted induced but we had a quick ultrasound at the end and I had 1%amniotic fluid so that sent me straight to labor and delivery that day. If nothing had gone on they would have just let it run its course. My 2nd I honestly have no idea because 1. I didn’t have a period after my son and I was 3 months pp it was confirmed I was maybe 2-3w pregnant but I moved to a small town and struggled to get them to approve me medical. I was probably 7 months when I finally seen someone pregnancy was confirmed in January didn’t see a doctor until July. I spontaneously gave birth in November. Needless to say I was far along

#1 39wks 7#12oz
#2 38wks 6#12oz
#3 38wks 6#15oz
Currently 34wk with #4… TBA