How long did it take for you to get pregnant?

How long did it take for you and your partners to have a baby ? My boyfriend and I have been actively trying for two months now and it’s been unsuccessful and I’m starting to become extremely discouraged

4 Likes

It took my husband and I at least 6 months of actively trying then throwing our hands up and saying it will happen when it happens then I got pregnant. With my ex husband within a month of actively trying. So it just depends. Maybe not actively trying but prepared for the outcome works because there’s not added stress which can cause it to be harder to get pregnant. Stress hormones can effect things like getting pregnant. So my advise is relax and wait it out, if it doesn’t happen in a time frame your comfortable with then see a doctor about fertility issues if you find it necessary. Good luck!

1 Like

I ran out of birth control and had an appointment scheduled with my gynecologist…needless to say I was pregnant when I went to that appointment :smiling_face:So it definitely didn’t take me long but I haven’t been able to conceive after having her. We both ended up with an infection.

2 Likes

It took us almost 18 months, several trips to fertility doctor, ovulation detectors…then Ingot a sinus infection (and was taking Mucinex). I later found out that Mucinex may assist some with getting pregnant. Relax and enjoy each other. The best things in life take time!! Best of luck!!

Discouraged after only 2 months!? That’s literally only two small windows of ovulating. Especially if you used to take birth control and have only been off it 2 months that’s nothing. People tell for years and years without success. You’re definitely gonna have to relax and be patient. It’s more likely to happen if you don’t stress over it.

10 Likes

Theres many factors why it isnt happening quickly for some couples But it can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to conceive while actively trying and timing things the best they can. Only fair to be concerned beginning at 13 month mark. Good luck

1 Like

Stop trying , as cliche as that sounds. I wasn’t trying to get pregnant with either of my girls and it just happened . Good luck on your journey

4 Likes

Minimum six months of active trying is the typical time span so don’t get discourage

Took us about a year for our first one together and I had to take extra vitamins.

6 months first time, four months second time. Now I’m 30 years old and been trying since August 24th. Still not prego. But man two months is nothing truthfully. I say give it a year. After that it’s time to talk to doctor but not to be concerned yet. I find it best to try not to stress about it while trying. Just take prenatal vitamins and do your thing.

1 Like

Almost 7 years !! Dr was amazed even at that since my cervix was flipped . He flipped it bk and omggg !!

1 Like

Stop tring me and husband just had fun I don’t know when we started trying having our baby’s we have 3 but there are each three Years apart I know thou my son thats 7 I got pregnant after 5 months of dating thats also 3 weeks after a miscarriage honestly depends takes a lot sometimes I was done after my almost 5 year old but covid hit they canceled my tubal surgery next thing you know suprise I have now a beautiful 15 month old boy take your time and have fun on your journey :heart: me and husband been together 9 years we both wanted a big family we just let what happen happen I did get my tubes removed after youngest he was a high risk pregnancy and was told if I have more there is a big possibility it will happen with every pregnancy

1 Like

Try and elevate ur pelvis after sex… I had to with both my kids… for a solid 5-10 min

6 months. You could buy an ovulation kit. That helped me. You have to remember after your period it take about 10 days to ovulate and you only have one day to get pregnant. It’s a small window so it make take up to a year to happen. Seems like when I stopped worrying I got pregnant

1 Like

Baby 1: 10 months
Baby 2: 1st attempt

1 Like

It took us 7 years…
we actively tried for 5 of them and had given up in the last 2 years. We just found out a few weeks ago that I’m expecting

3 Likes

It took me and my partner a year to conceive and we’re currently 22 weeks pregnant :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: don’t give up! You’ll get there it just takes time and patience x

1 Like

Has sex every day for a month if no results go to Doctors

To all the young girls out there, my very first time

I tried for over 20 years, I told the lord that if I didn’t have one by the time I was 30, that I didn’t want one. My son was born on my 30th birthday. 2 1/2 years later my daughter was born.

3 Likes

Stop trying
And it will happen

My periods were irregular. If you can download a period tracking app, walmart carries digital ovulation test. They’re fairly easy to use. My husband and I had four miscarriages and thankfully we finally had our baby in 2022

11 months and then had a miscarriage with my daughters it took us a month everyone is different it’s not considered infertility issues until over a year of trying

First time probably around 3/4 months.

Second time - sex once

Third time - first month when planned.

No more then 3 months of trying. Typically 1 month

Stopped birth control mid December. Got pregnant in January

1 Like

Most doctors say there’s only a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month so don’t stress about it. For most people it takes months and months