How long did it take for you to get your period after a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage recently in my first trimester. The baby never formed right, so I got a D&C. How long did you other moms go without a period? How long were your tests positive far?

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I didn’t get a period after my last miscarriage, I got pregnant again before that happened.

I was 7 weeks pregnant. Bled for 5 weeks then stopped. Never got another period. Went back to the hospital as tests were still showing positive. Turns out I was 6 weeks pregnant. I don’t know how but we now have a 5 month old baby girl 🩷

It took me like 3 or 4 months to get mine.

I’m so sorry for your loss momma. When I had a miscarriage around 4-6 weeks I bleed for about 20-something days and got my period a month later.

I had one right away after my miscarriage and DNC. Sorry for your loss…

A month later! But I was bleeding for a REALLY long time.

I’ve had 3 miscarriages, everytime I got my period a month after.

So sorry for your loss. Been there…

Sorry you know this pain. Been there. Don’t have any advice though because my period was so outta wack after that. I thought i got my period but it lasted for 3 weeks and they said my body was healing, but it went on for months. It was like having my period for 2 or 3 weeks, often light but still a period, and off it for 1 or 2 weeks. It took 6 months for my body to get back to somewhat of a schedule.

I was 9w3d when I miscarried naturally. I bled for 16days before my hcg dropped to negative which was a quick drop as they were over 20,000 at the time. I ovulated cd26 and got my period 2 weeks later. So 5 weeks.

I didn’t have a D&C either time. The first time I bled for 3 weeks straight, heavy with a lot of clots and tissue, I got my period around a month after that bleeding finally stopped. The second time, it was all at once and the bleeding only lasted a few days and I got my period a couple weeks after. — I was further along the first time so I think that made the process more difficult. The second wasn’t too far along so it wasn’t as hard on my body… I think it really just depends on how far along, how traumatic your body is handling it as well as emotionally. Because stress can have a big affect as well. But as long as you’re staying in touch with your doctor, you could keep testing with pregnancy and ovulation, to help determine when you can expect your next period.

so sorry for the pain you’re feeling. i had a miscarriage and ended up having 2 d&c’s between november and december of last year. i ended up getting my period 6 weeks after my last d&c in december (my period stayed on the same schedule before i had gotten pregnant)

1 Like

I’ve had 3 miscarriages. I bled for weeks afterwards. Had my period the next month.