How long did it take you to go into labor after losing your mucus plug?

How long after hitting 37 weeks did you lose your mucus plug and go into labor? I’ve had so many sharp pains and pressure even when using the restroom… Could this be normal?

2 Likes

There’s no telling. All 3 of my kids I never lost it. And my sister lost hers a few times with her oldest. They can grow back.

My first baby 2days after losing my mucus plug. My second i lost my plug over a week plus and baby didnt come till 2 weeks after.

1 Like

With my daughter I lost my mucus plug 5am Saturday morning and didn’t hit hard labor until 2am Sunday morning.

Lost the entire plug at once…water broke almost 2 days later

Bloody show is what matters mucus plug can be lost several times over your pregnancy. If you are having pains you need to be seen

2 Likes

I lost mine at 40w5d. She was born several hours later.

I went into labor a few hours after I lost my mucus plug.

One of mine ( I have 5) took almost a week after

1 Like

I lost mine at I think like 38ish weeks. Was way beyond excited I screamed called my husband, we’ll come to find out it regenerates and my water didn’t break until 40 weeks exactly without contractions lol

I lost my mucus plug at 41 weeks and started having contractions about 5 minutes after

I lost mine well I was in labor had contracts for about 20 hours lost it then had baby 6 hours later.

I was full term with first one lost mucus plug had baby little over 4hrs 50 minutes later

You need to be seen as soon as possible sharp pains when using the restroom can also be a sighn of a uti wich is common in pregnancy please seek medical advice

All 3 of my kids it was several days after losing the mucus plug that they were born.

And Braxton Hicks contractions can cause sharp pains and pressure. They increase in the last weeks of pregnancy. They’re not real labor contractions until you can’t speak a full sentence through them.

But second the get medical care advice. Something out of the normal can always be occurring

Every time I lost it I went into labor within 2-3 days, I had my babies at 41, 33 and 36 weeks.

Had a sweep on a Friday , lost mine that night didn’t have my little one till the next Thursday

I had mine the same day I lost mine but I know some people it can still take awhile. It’s different with everyone.

I lost mine 4 weeks for both before going into labor.

I’ve had 5 kids & never had show of mucus plug before labour started.

I lost mine 3 weeks before going into labor.

I’m 37 weeks as well, still have my mucus plug but went in to labor and delivery at the hospital because of a loooot Of pressure and big pain! They monitored me and said i only had like 2 contractions in the hour I was there and so the rest are just Braxton Hicks. Told me to come back if they got unbearable and closer to 10
Minutes apart, also if water broke! These last few weeks are miserable and I’m just getting a lot of sharp pains in my pelvic/lower back area that come and go all day! It sucks but I know it’s my body getting ready for her!

1 Like

I lost mine around 38 weeks and had to be induced at 41+5

I didn’t have a dramatic mucus plug loss with either pregnancy. It was very gradual both times.

1st baby came at 39w6d and 2nd baby came at 41w1d

I lost my plug at 37 weeks with the last one and was induced at 39…

I lost my mucus plug at 37 weeks, had sharp pains when sitting on the toilet. Even had my bloody show. Im now 40 weeks and 3 days and will be induced on friday

1 Like

I lost my mucus plug and still had to be induced at 40 weeks 5 days.

I lost mine the day I went into labour with my first and with my second I lost it over a week and still had to be induced at 42+1

I lost mine right before being admitted (I was already in labor).

I lost my plug in pieces over a month but it regenerates and builds back up

I lost mine @37 weeks and went into labor within 3 day’s. Hard labor for 12 hours and had a c-section. BUT they had stopped my labor multiple times that week as well.

Sounds like baby is moving into position but if you’re at all concerned call.

With my first I never lost my plug that I saw. Delivered at 40w3d. Second baby I lost my plug probably a week before actually delivering at 40w1d.

I lost mine at 38 weeks but didn’t go into true (not prodromal) labor until 40 wks 2 days.

I never knew what a mucus plug was until i was pregnant wit my third child … I lost mines at 38 wks nd went in labor that night …

Lost my mucus plug on Aug 26, went into labor sept 4 had her sept 6… 20 years ago!!!:heart:

I lost mine multiple times, it kept coming back.
If the pain keeps on, it might not hurt to go in or call a on call doctor!

It’ll grow back. I’ve had my swept a few times with my first and never went into labor. With my 2nd child it came out 3 times, never went into labor. Still got induced a month after. Everyone is different.

I gave birth about 12 days after losing mine

I lost my mucus plug Christmas Eve 2018 just before midnight (during intercourse), was in labor till I gave birth Boxing Day at 4:16pm
I was due Christmas Day

I never lost mine either