How long did you wait to be intimate after a c-section?

How long did you wait to be intimate after having a c section. It’s been 4 weeks and I’m no longer bleeding… is it fine now?

3 Likes

You just had a major surgery to remove a baby from your uterus that also has a dinner plate sized wound. Wait until l dr says it’s okay.

3 Likes

Wait a little longer then 6 weeks
You are still healing
A c section is a major surgery
I’m sure you might already know

I was told to wait six weeks after both of mine.

3 Likes

You’re suppose to wait 6 weeks.

6 weeks is what the doctors recommend

Doctor says 6 weeks…fyi it was painful at 5 weeks lol listen to the doctor

Just listen to your body. You know your body best.

6 weeks, whether c-section or vaginal you still have a placenta sized hole in your uterus and it needs time to heal or you increase your risk of infection.

I think you’re ready when you think you’re ready. But you don’t have any blood and if you feel up to it, go for it. I have 2 kids and while I’ve never had a c-section, I had sex about 4 weeks after delivering. I just wanted him so bad lol. I was reading a pregnancy book (because I’m expecting another one) and it said that you can have it whenever you feel up to it. So if you want it, have fun!

Crazy how people think lack of bleeding means their fully healed…you probably feel better, but that doesn’t mean you’re fully healed. probably best to just listen to your doctor, they’ll be able to tell you when it’s safe to.

1 Like

A c-section is a major surgery. Just because the bleeding has stopped doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods. Everything, internally, is still healing.

Wait for your doctor to clear you. Typically it’s 6 weeks. If you feel you’re ready before the 6 week mark, make an appointment with your OBGYN, who will confirm that you’re clear to return to normal activities, like sex. Rushing it could land you back in the hospital with an infection or complications.

I was told to wait 6 weeks but started again after I stopped bleeding right around 4 weeks

8 weeks and I waited until the doctor OKed it.

1 Like

6 weeks, you’re still healing. You were stitched up on the inside as well as the outside

2 Likes

Doctors advise 6 weeks. I did at 3 weeks when my bleeding stopped. Just be super careful and listen to your body if you do opt to do it before the 6 week mark.

No. Your dr has to clear you for sex after an exam at your 6 week appt. I know they told you that at least twice in the hospital

6 weeks your body’s is still healing horniada lol

5 Likes