How long did you wait to get pregnant again after a miscarriage?

I also wanted to say that I had my second child 3yrs after my first, pregnancy went well and she was in the 50th percentile in each area. My third was conceived 6 months later and they thought she may have been growth restricted. She ended up being in the 14th percentile. I can’t say for sure but it may have been due to having two that close together. Of course that’s a little different than having a miscarriage because you didn’t go full term. Personally I would wait 3months to try again after an early miscarriage.

not me but my mum got pregnant only 3 months after a c-section - all ok.

Obviously not recommended but i don’t feel like there’s a right or wrong here and not the definite reason of miscarriage either

I honestly got pregnant right away after my miscarriage. They had to use the date of the miscarriage to determine when my youngest daughter was due. It was a guessing game lol

3 Likes

I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks back in April with our 3rd. Found out in July I was pregnant again, and everything looks great so far. I’ll be 13 weeks on Friday. :rainbow:

Just put your mind at ease and don’t think about as much. Best things happen unexpectedly.

1 Like

After my first I fell pregnant the kids would have been 17months apart but that pregnency ended with miscarriage and I fell again a few months after and the kids are 22 months apart everything was fine with the 1st and 3rd pregnencies… miscarriage is very common, if you feel it’s right and good within yourself just go for it … sorry you a went through that it’s a very tough thing to go through xx and I hope everything works out well for you x

I wasn’t trying wasn’t preventing, but got pregnant 3-4 months after loosing my first baby and having a d&c, now I have my son. Had placenta separation and some bleeding in the first couple of months but everything was fine otherwise. Healthy baby boy , came into the world at 39 weeks.
Every woman is different though!!! Just wait until your body feels healed <3

The best way to get an answer specific to you would be to visit your doctor, but I wouldn’t stress over what the internet says. If you’re ready to try and there’s no health issues keeping you from trying, go for it.

2 Likes

I had two back to back miscarriages in 2014. They were 2 months apart. First one, I was 14 weeks. Second time, I was 8 weeks. 2 months after my 2nd miscarriage, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. That was the scariest pregnancy I’ve ever had. The whole time I was terrified my body would reject her as well. Luckily, we made it 39 weeks. :blush: I absolutely love my rainbow baby! But being pregnant 3 times within 4 months definitely took a toll on my body and my mental/emotional health.

1 Like

My 2nd daughter was born 11 months after my miscarriage. We waited the doctor recommended 4-6 weeks before having sex. No issues. Statistically 1/3 of pregnancies end in miscarriage, more if you could count the ones that occur before the mother knows she is pregnant. The creation and development of a child is a miracle when you think about it. Make sure you are mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically recovered from the prior loss, and then make the decision. It’s hard to know. Multi miscarriages so put you at risk, since often until you have had 3 they don’t do any testing to find out why.

1 Like

I had a horrible miscarriage in jan of 2017 found out i was pregnant again in the begining of june 2017 had another miscarriage the end of July 2017 found out i was yet again pregnant in the middle of August (it only took having sex 1 timw after my second miscarriage to get pregnant again) my double rainbow baby turned 2 in march. In my own personal opinion whenever you are ready to try again then you can try but only if you feel like you are ready

1 Like

I miscarried in august a few yrs ago and I was pregnant again by December and it went all ok! Good luck hun it be ok xxx

My stillborn daughter at 30 weeks and my oldest son are 11.5 months apart. I miscarried and ended up pregnant shortly aftet.He and his brother are 18 months apart. I miscarried again. My first daughter and youngest son are 20 months apart. My youngest set of girls are 16 months apart. Every womens body is different. When you feel physically and mentally ready to have a baby, start your pregnancy. Im truly sorry for your loss. Have faith everything will be beautiful for you this time. I did and now I have a six beautiful children. Good luck :+1:

1 Like

We waited 1.5mo after I miscarried at 11 weeks, ended up with twins who are as healthy as can be. I was considered high risk with both pregnancies for multiple reasons.
In my humble opinion, do whatever feels right for you both. Sorry for your loss, it’s not easy.

I had my first miscarriage on September 28, 2011. I never thought I would get pregnant again. About 9 months later I got pregnant again and lost my second baby on September 29, 2012. I went on birth control and decided that I couldn’t go through another loss. I got pregnant while on birth control on September 30, 2013. My son was both healthy on June 18, 2014.

1 Like

I got my rainbow baby about 8 weeks after my first miscarriage. But I was only 11 weeks when I lost the first baby. You know your body better than anybody, so you do what feels best for you!

Heck, there are people out there that have Irish twins (siblings born within the same year) and they’re just fine. I would go with what your heart is telling you. If you want to try again immediately, nobody should get to tell you not to. It’s YOUR and your partner’s decision😊

2 Likes

I miscarried at 9 weeks in Oct. 2015 and didn’t completely try again right away but was pregnant by Feb. 2016. My doctor told me everything would be fine and 9 months later I had a healthy beautiful daughter the day after Thanksgiving. She is now a sassy 3 (almost 4) year old. Don’t give up hope :heart: the body works in mysterious ways. Best of wishes!

Its not just physically being ready. Its being mentally/emotionally ready as well. Losing a baby is hard at any stage. Then add pregnancy hormones on top of that. My advice is talk fully with your doctor about it physical and emotional stress. Talk with you husband as well. Wish you all the best.

I miscarried in September of 1988 and finally was willing to try again. I found out I was pregnant in January of 1989 and had my beautiful baby Ashley in August. Everything went well.

1 Like

Not all pregnancies are the same and not all bodies are the same, if you are worried you might miscarry another child i think you should wait and be patient. Having one successful pregnancy is better than trying for vain. Good luck :heart:

Ask your doctor, I had several miscarriages and a tubal pregnancy a year prior to my Rainbow blessing. God bless and many prayers to you.

After my first miscarriage we got pregnant again after 5 months. When I had my second miscarriage I got pregnant within like the same few weeks. When we officially found out I was miscarrying we found out I was pregnant right after I had actually asked my doctor if I was still pregnant from the the first time and we just happen to do stuff wrong and she said no I had definitely miscarried and we found out we was pregnant with two weeks. She said I had to have conceived right after we did my blood work to confirm the miscarriage

We miscarried march 2018. It was a missed miscarriage. The baby stopped growing at 6 weeks determined by 8week ultrasound. Conceived dec 2018 had our daughter august 2019.

I would definitely ask a doctor. Getting people’s experiences is good and all, but a doctor will tell you the risks/benefits and be able to help you make a good medical decision. Just my 2 cents

After my miscarriage my OB told me to wait 3 months before trying again. At the 3 month mark my husband and I tried again and were pregnant within 2 weeks. Didn’t have the easiest pregnancy, but had a healthy baby girl.

I miscarried at the beginning of August 2019 (I was 5 weeks) and then found out i was pregnant on Halloween last year! The dr told me to wait at least 3 months to try again and i Wasn’t expecting to get pregnant that quick after a miscarriage but we have a happy healthy 2 month old baby girl! :heart:

I had a miscarriage and then 6 months later I found out I was pregnant again and now my wonderful baby boy is 3. I was 34 weeks when I went into labor and he’s healthy.

I had a miscarriage then 3 weeks later got pregnant with my son and then right away got pregnant after delivering him and my 2 youngest sons are 10 months apart i have as told i was high risk for miscarriage both my boys are perfect and now are 14 and 13 and the same age for 2 months every year :blush:

I miscarried on 20 Nov 2002 at full term. Had my oldest 03 Dec 2003 and she is autistic. I don’t know if its related and the rest of my kids were a bit more apart.

New studies say just to wait until you’ve had a normal period after the miscarriage. There is no real benefit to waiting the 6 months. This is what my OB told me after my miscarriage last year. We started trying right away after my normal period and now have a happy and healthy 5 month old!

There are studies to go along with whatever you want to believe if you look hard enough. Should I wait, there’s a study, should I not, there’s a study contradicting the first one. You do you. If you and your husband are ready I say go for it. There’s no use worrying about it. What’s going to happen is going to happen and you’ll never know unless you give it a go.

I had 2 miscarriages in 2017. 1 in August at 4/5 weeks and another in October at 8 weeks. I was too scared to try again but our daughter turns 2 next month after falling with her in the January (failed to use contraception in the moment) all I would say is don’t go by what’s written, go by when your emotionally ready to try again xx

Had a missed miscarriage in April 2017…changed jobs that October and found out I was pregnant with our rainbow baby January 2018.

I got pregnant 6 weeks after my miscarriage and was so worried. Everything went textbook and he is now 40 years old and still a perfect son.

Honestly every body is different. I’ve worked in OB/GYN so I’ve seen situations like this all the time. Some women had a successfully pregnancy only 1 month after miscarrying (after their next “normal” period)…others continued to miscarry no matter how long they waited. Honestly just do what you and your doctor think is best. If your doctor is telling you to wait then IMO you should take their advice.

I don’t know the real answer but I had a miscarriage in July’13 and then another in December’13 then went on to have my eldest born Nov’14 conceiving Feb’14 and then conceived my youngest Mar’15, he was a month early so was born Nov’15.

There is no math to it x

Had a miscarriage between my two kids. Birth control after son was born, waited until he turned 10-11 months, went off the pill, got pregnant, had miscarriage (very early, less than 6 weeks) Got pregnant straight after the miscarriage. Daughter born 22 months after son. Do those numbers work? It seems like a long time ago

My sister was pregnant again 4months after her son (delivered him at 8months) was born stillborn. It was hard on her body. I’d recommend waiting at least 6 to 12 months. Her pregnancy after they still birth went fine and she now has a healthy 21yr old son. But her health has never been the same.

I miscarried in September 2019, January 2020 and am finally about 29 weeks along and due November. My doctor said let my body heal and get a real period then try again.

I had a miscarriage with a D&C in June 2012 and was pregnant with my now 7 yr old that September. My Ob said we could try whenever we were ready

I don’t know the answer but my sister miscarried in dec and was pregnant again in feb. Had my nephew healthy and 9lbs in October. He’ll be 5 this year

My doctor said I could try again as soon as I felt up to it after my miscarriage. I was pregnant within a few months.

My first child was a still born and after hom I had 5 miscarriages over the course of 7 years. My Last loss was last year at the end of August and I ended up getting pregnant on my wedding night, october 23ed, and had my first successful pregnancy ever. Theres really no science when it comes to this, it’s different for each woman individually & sometimes your body just isnt ready. I wish you the best of luck :heart:

My doctor said try after one normal cycle and we got pregnant with our rainbow baby. after a miscarriage in the beginning of June we got pregnant mid July with Lyle our rainbow baby who is now 2 :heart: sorry for your loss .

I had a miscarriage August 2018 and found out I was pregnant November 2018. Went on to have a full term pregnancy and he’s now 13 months old. I’m due any day now with baby #3.

It’s really up to you if you feel healthy enough to try go for it rainbow babies are born every day, praying :pray: for you and a healthy pregnancy :heart:

3 months for me and got pregnant straightaway but was at risk of miscarriage so had to go immediately onto progesterone suppositories… she’s now 9!

I had a missed misscarage and chose to have a D n C. I was told by the clinic to wait 3 months before trying again but when I saw my doctor she said after my next period to try again if I felt up to it. We chose to wait 3 months and fell pregnant after that 3rd month and had a healthy pregnancy and baby now 8 months olf

If you feel ready, then you can try. I miscarried last year and they estimated that I got pregnant the week after my miscarriage. My son is a month old now.

I had one miscarriage and less than 3 months later I was pregnant again, with no problems this time.

Whhaaattt??? My boys are 13 months apart. My OB said, after u have three cycles, u can start trying for another. But, in hindsight, you need to allow your body to rebuild its blood cells and nutrients which takes about a year…

After our miscarriage, we waited 10 months to try again, and we had a healthy boy. Hope this helps.

I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with my daughter about 4 months later. Never had any problems. Then got pregnant shortly after with my 2nd daughter and my 2 are 11.5 months apart :woman_shrugging: healthy as can be. I was never told I was high risk or anything.

All my pregnancies were about 6 months apart. The first two were miscarriages and then my daughter. When my daughter was 3 months old I found out I was pregnant again and I’m due in 7 weeks

I had a miscarriage and got pregnant again 2 months later. I had my son 6/18/18 then got pregnant again January of 2019 had another miscarriage in March and got pregnant again in May. Just had my second rainbow baby 2/20/2020

At this point, it doesn’t sound like an issue of your body but your mental health with regards to your miscarriage

I missed carried Aug 20, 2006 got pregnant again on Sept 7, 2006 it was a huge shock as I did not find out till late Oct I thought it was just left over hormones but it was a new baby. I was high risk and on bed rest till I was 8 months.
My second miscarriage was actually a partial I lost a twin at about 5 weeks then was in pre term labor with the survivore the entire pregnancy I has her 3 weeks early and she is special needs but amazing. I had a tubal after my daughter as I was nearly paralyzed

My doctor told me nothing was wrong with me after my first miscarriage, to wait one full cycle for my body to get “back to normal”. It took us 7 months.

Found out 6 weeks post MC that I was 4 weeks pregnant. We were told to start trying right away because I would be more likely to conceive. He is 6 months old. :heart_eyes:

I had a miscarriage in February and got pregnant in June. He’s a healthy 16 year old. I now have 2 other children.

I miscarried and got pregnant again four months later it wasnt on purpose but my baby made it happy and healthy I think it’s more everyone’s body is different ya know so it’s worth a shot to try again :slight_smile:

I had a D&C after my 3rd miscarriage January 22, 2016 and conceived my daughter March 6, 2016. Also, I got pregnant with my second daughter right around my first daughters first birthday. So they are three months shy of two years apart. I really think it’s whenever you feel ready to try again.

I had a couple early miscarriages and my body passed everything and I was checked and cleared by Dr
And started trying again almost immediately

10 years ago I got pregnant July 4th, miscarried mid August and was pregnant again Mid September and gave birth to a boy the following June!

i always catch a couple of months after each miscarriage apart from this time iv had 2 losses back to back total of 7 losses and 4 kids on earth x

I had 3 back to back after my first. My last MC I went in to get checked and I was pregnant with my now rainbow baby ! Never had a period or anything after, It was maybe a couple weeks according to my Dr !

Just focus on what you guys want and feel I reckon :heart: bc even still by the time u decide u want to start trying it may not happen for awhile you know. So Just focus on healing from ur loss and loving each other :blush: it will happen when it happens.

I had miscarriages before, however we weren’t planning. When we tried years later and (ovulation) planned, I was pregnant two cycles after a miscarriage. Our baby is 8 months now. :slight_smile:

I got pregnant after 3 months of my early miscarriage. It was my first and only miscarriage and I had a healthy pregnancy. A friend of mine had a miscarriage and got pregnant a few months after and ended up miscarrying again around 10w. She got pregnant shortly after and is due soon with her rainbow baby and has had a healthy pregnancy so far. It is all up to you when you are ready. But just speak with your doctor and see what they say. Only you can make the decision. No baby after a miscarriage is replacing the one you lost. :heart:

I was only a week or so when I miscarried but I got pregnant about a week after and I didn’t realize until after I was already about 15 weeks along due to health issues

I have had 5 miscarriage. And after each one the Dr told me to wait a year to give my body time to heal. All 5 different Drs.

I miscarried when I was between 1 month an 2 months, it took 6 months before I got pregnant again. Hard pregnancy. He is a healthy 4 year old now.

I was never told anything like that and my 4 youngest are close together. I would really talk with your doctor again though cause maybe there is more to it than how close your pregnancies are.

Its best to talk to your dr. I miscarried in December and we decided to start trying the following month again. I was.pregnant by April

I had a miscarriage in March of 2014 and was surprised to find out I got pregnant again in April 2014. She was born January 2015💜

With both of mine. I miscarried and got pregnant again the next month. No issues from miscarriage and they are both healthy.

I’m am Irish twin… my brother was born 4/2 I was born 3/15 the next year I strongly believe it depends on the women as my kids are 10 years apart with 5 miscarriages in between

Take prenatal
I’ve heard wright after women had healthy pregnancies
But it might of been becuz they waited the amount of time

I got pregnant 4 weeks after my miscarriage… didn’t know it was 4 weeks until I was 8 weeks pregnant and had an ultrasound

Hi, We lost our little girl (21 weeks) this year on Valentine’s bay, I am now 25 weeks and my body is exhausted…I kind of wish that I had more of a break between pregnancies😅

I had a miscarriage five years ago. I wanted to start trying immediately. But he wanted to wait till we got married.

Im high risk miscarriage and i lost 3 babies . I gave up all medication got so drunk 2 months later . Fell pregnant with my 3 yr old now . Best of luck mumma

I will stop you there. My kids were all born super close. Yes high risk but never did I miscarry. Born early around 34 weeks and 36 weeks for one. This was 4 live births and their amazing now. Ages 1,3,4,5 and pregnant again.

I NEVER ended up waiting the 6 weeks…ALWAYS ended knocked up again a month after giving birth… now I gotta a whole boat load :joy::joy: … do what you and your husband want ! Its not anyone elses decision… if you want a baby…well get to making that bacon :bacon:

You can try as soon as u feel ready. I lost 4 in a row within a year. One being twins surgically removed :sweat: had to wait the 6 weeks after them but at that point I quit bc of the depression

I had my 2nd miscarriage in end of feb last year and found out I was pregnant with my daughter in the middle may now my daughters 8 months.

I gave birth to my oldest November 3rd he was 11.5 ounces got pregnant with my second 3 months later. Had a miscarriage needed to have a d and c done that was April got pregnant with my other son in June/July.

Was due August 20th with my baby that I miscarried and had a healthy baby girl sept 22nd. So waited about a month.

We started trying again right away but we were trying for a long time and we still didn’t get pregnant right away.

I got pregnant right away. I had a miscarriage a few years back in August and I was pregnant by December

My kids are all about 15 months apart. I usually get pregnant right away after a miscarriage and have no problems.

My daughter was 11 years old before I got pregnant again. I had a miscarriage at the end of March this year, I am now due Feb 2021

I had my daughter and did IVF 6 months later. I ended up miscarrying at 6 weeks and the next month I did another round of IVF which resulted in my son. My kids are 15 months apart.

I got pregnant two months after a miscarriage and carried a healthy baby to term.

After the miscarriage we never stopped trying again till we got pregnant not too long after I don’t feel I’ve replaced my angel baby because I remember everything about the time we had together in that time there were memories I remember like yesterday like the look on my fiancé face and the way I felt nothing can take away those memories or replace that baby :rainbow: :baby:

I miscarried on 6/23 only being about 7 weeks along. They said it wait 8 weeks to make sure everything is okay. We’ve never stopped trying!

My kids will be just under a year apart. I got pregnant with my second when my daughter was 2.5 months old and I’ll be 9 months on Sunday. I’m so sorry for your loss :persevere:

I had a miscarriage in March 2009 then got pregnant 3 month later our son was born March 2010. Do it when ur ready.

I caught straight away when we did try but that was 6 months after as had few difficulties after loosing my 1st. But they told me to take folic acid before trying too . Anything worth a try. Xx

I had a missed miscarriage … after it came away I actually found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later , she’s now two :heart:

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks pregnant and within 8 weeks later I was pregnant again and all was fine she is now 8 years old :relaxed: