How long does c-section pain last?

Hi.
I had a c section 6.5 months ago and I am still in pain, daily. The pain is a shooting, sharp pain but I also at times, feel dull aches in the incision. My periods has been tremendously heavy and the cramping is very painful the first 2-3 days. I also have constant (period like) cramping no matter what time of the month, even when I’m not on my period. I am just wondering if this is normal and if anyone has experienced this ?
I have a doctors appointment booked for next week but just curious.

3 Likes

Mine(same timing) isn’t like that

I’ve had 2 c-sections and have not experienced anything like that! Deffinetly talk to your doctor, good luck :heart:

1 Like

No it’s not normal go and see your doctor straight away

1 Like

I’ve had 3 c-sections and this isn’t normal. Go to the GYN.

1 Like

i dont have the other issues but 4 months later my c-section cut still hurts and itches.

I had 2 C-section one in 2014 and one in 2016 my periods are awful and heavy. I cramp everyday,even when not on my period as well! I’m going to the gyn end if this month. Look up endometriosis.

My first c section yes. My 2nd one no but the periods are bad

I’m not certain about the period thing, but the pain like you’re describing at the incision site is definitely not normal so glad you are going to see a professional. I was in pain for about 4-5 months after having a c-section with my son but I had and I had a bad infection at my incision. I had a scheduled c-section with my daughter and loved it… little or no pain after about 8 weeks or so. Feel better

I have had 2 c-sections… not normal for the pain but my periods were heavy

I’ve never personally had one but lots of people in my family even my mom all had c sections and u shouldn’t still be in pain call your ob office and ask to make an appointment don’t go to just any doctor

When i experienced that pain and discomfort i had ovarian cysts… Ended up going to Mexico to our family obgyn and he took care of my problem through surgery. So much relief.

I have had 4 c sections and never hurt like that I would say not normal. Please see your doctor I have a friend who they didnt get everything out and she had all those issues and had to have a DNC to fix it but it can also be infection both are dangerous

My first c section I had pains the first year. Not every day, but especially if I moved a certain way.

I just had a c section 3 weeks ago to day never took pain meds except motrin for the first 5 days no cramping at all light bleeding the first 2 weeks guess I should count my blessing i would go to er and be checked

Almost 15 years… I can still feel a tearing when I stretch to far. Now I did have 3 of them i. A 3 year period. If it feels wrong there is nothin wrong with asking the dr. Now as for periods they are super heavy and painful. I got put on the Nuvaring for Birth control and its made a world of difference for me

Sounds normal to me. Sorry.

I’ve had 3 c sections, my 1st and second were 14 years apart. Before I got pregnant with #2 I’d have pain and dull aches for all that time. My last 2 were close together, 14 mos apart and my 3rd is now 14 mos lol. I have aches and pains all the time, especially when it’s cold and/or raining. That’s a lot of layers and nerves that are cut. I have tender spots and numb spots that come and go. I had a lot of scar tissue with my last that is just not feeling better. I’m on Nexplanon, the arm implant for bc and I hardly have a period so that does help. It will get better but you’ll always have some pains.

:astonished::astonished: Not normal at all… the pain should subside within like 6-8 weeks not 6.5 months… so glad you’ve booked an appmt with your doctor… you’ll either A. Be placed on antibiotics or B. Clean out the incision as it may be infected … do you have a fever? Chills?? If so, go straight to the Emergency department

Doctor for sure…ER might come into play!!

Get the Dr to check you out…dont let the Dr blow you off!

Seems there might be a problem

Im still in pain 9 months later and my abdomen still hurts. I also still have cramping. Havent had a real period yet though so i cant comment on that.

If unsure see a Dr, better to get checked than sorry