How long does it take to get pregnant after removing Mirena?

I got my Mirena IUD out today. How long did it take for other mommas to get pregnant again after having their IUD removed?

6 Likes

It took me about a month!

My niece got pregnant 2x with it in. Good luck on your journey. :heart::heart:

1 Like

Took nearly a year after having it in for a year.

1 month after 5 years

1 Like

When I had it after my first born, I had it for a year and got it removed and got pregnant within days of having it removed.

1 Like

It should be immediately

I had move taken out Feb 2014. Pregnant July 2014. Had it for 5 years.

I got pregnant very quickly after having it removed and miscarried. I waited a few months and got pregnant again and my baby girl was born 9 months later :heart_eyes:

I got pregnant within 10 days of it being removed

1 Like

I got me removed in may and got pregnant by that October

It took me almost a year and then had back to back miscarriages before getting pregnant with my youngest

Had mine in for three years, got pregnant within days of it being removed.

I got pregnant with it

Immediately but miscarried at 6 weeks then immediately again heā€™s almost 8 now

Got it taken out in December and got pregnant on Valentineā€™s Day!

I got mine out in April and then was pregnant in July. Just had my baby a week ago.

I got pregnant with it in, she is now 16.

Kellysha M. Rivera GonzƔlez

I got mine taken out cause of issues and couldnā€™t get pregnant for about 4 years then got pregnant again right after when that baby was 6 months old.

The same week it felt like lolšŸ˜‚

Going on 14 months of ttc

Removed November 19th. Positive pregnancy test December 16th. Didnā€™t even have time to have a period!

Had it in for the full 5 years. Was prego 4 months after

The first time I had an iud removed I was open to pregnancy for 5yrs and it never happened. 2nd iud came out after a month having it in and I immediately conceived that night according to the fetus size and gestational dating.

1 Like

Everyone is different.

took me around 4 months

After your body heals from its hormones

All depends on the person. Iā€™ve had a friend who got pregnant on mirena and my cousin got pregnant a month after getting hers removed

I had mirena for 5 years. I had it removed about a year and a half ago and my husband and I have had no such luck yet. Everyone is different! My husband is really bummed because he kept reading where women got pregnant shortly after, but it didnā€™t work like that for us. We track my ovulation too. I think itā€™ll just happens when itā€™s suppose to!

As long as that IUD didnā€™t ruin your body. You should have no issues.

Everyone is different your body will allow you to conceive when itā€™s ready

I had it 5 years from 2008- 2013. I got pregnant and miscarriaged 3 months later at 5-6w. I was told it was common and its common to take a year to get pregnant after removal. And it took a year conceive a successful pregnancy. Had my baby 2015.

It took me almost a year then miscarried around 5-6 weeks. Then got pregnant again 6 months later and gave birth to a healthy girl. But it only took my friend a month and her pregnancy seems to be going fine. Everyone is different

First ovulation for me :slightly_smiling_face:

I had my mirena for about 2 and half years, it took us 9 months but 4 months of really trying as we werenā€™t living together for the first 5ish months of us trying. My doctor has told me that you can get pregnant within a week of having it removed but everyone is different and it may take some time to figure out when you ovulate

1st ovulation did it for me

5 years after having it in for 5 years :roll_eyes:

I had 1 cycle and pregnant both times

6 months exactly both times!

Somewhere in the first week

I got mine out August 25th, 2020. Had my first period for a week the 28th and was pregnant after that. Iā€™m currently almost 33 weeks

Took us about 6 months, 2 months of actual trying!

1 month. Got pregnant first ovulation.

I only had mine in for a little less than three years and it took us a year and a half to get pregnant with my second. Everyone differs though, even the man. Best of luck!:heart:

I got mine taken out the beginning of April 2018 and was pregnant by the end of the monthā€¦ we were trying but never thought it would happen that fast. My dr laughed with me and was like dang did you even get a period? Lmao

December 28 it was removed. First period March 12. Began tacking ovulation in May. Conception occurred July 1st.

I got mine out in January 2020.

Wasnā€™t really trying but just going with the flow. In September 2020, we decided to actually try, I got pregnant immediately by tracking my ovulation. I am now 31 weeks pregnant.

Got it removed on 9/11 got pregnant on 9/14 :joy:

Took me about 5 months

I got pregnant the month after removal