How many c-sections are considered okay?

It depends on your anatomy since everyone’s body heals differently. My doctor said generally three. My cousin just had her 6th all via C-section . (They did not advise having that many but she healed fine!)

I was told by my doctor said 4 but we stopped at 3

My childhood friend had a C-section with all of her children. A total of 5. She didn’t have a choice.

Never had one but just depends on your body everyone’s different

Same here. I’ve had two now and the doctor said it’s different for everyone. Depends on scar tissue, health concerns, how well you react to surgery. Many things.

I know people who have had 6 lol, 4 is my cut off though

I’m having my 4th in a couple weeks and the doctors told me it’s really risky after four

Everyone is different. Have a discussion with your doctor and you can be evaluated. Wishing you all the best :purple_heart:

I had 4. I got my tubes tied after my 4th.

I was told 3 max and then it’s just not safe.

I’ve had 3 and was advised against another so got a tubal, but it does depend on your body and dr.

1. Coulda gone for #5 but would increase health risks for me and the next baby if I chose to get pregnant so I had my tubes tied after my birth of my 4th baby. I regret it but I understood why I had to do it.

I had 5. During my 4th c section the surgeon said everything looked good and I could have another baby if we chose to. We did and never any issues what so ever. It depends on your body and your surgeon I suppose.

1 Like

So…a question none of yall had any vbac’s?

It depends on your bodies scarring and healing - they said four should be it for me (I’m pregnant with my 5th but this will be my last)

I’ve had 5 c-sections.

I have had 4 c-sections I heal really well my last was just over 2 years ago I didn’t even have a scar or scar tissue really depends on your body and I also have good gaps between my c-sections

I guess they could induce you early so you can have a smaller baby. I know Ethel Kennedy had 11 kids by C-section.

I was always told 3 is the highest recommended c section allowance but since being on this page, I have seen women with 4,5 and 6!!! I had one and I cannot IMAGINE having multiple ones so I give every woman props on here and my upmost respect. My son was my c section, my twin girls were my VBAC babies. :heart:

My mom had 4, wasn’t supposed to have the 4th one because of the scar tissue from the other 3 but that’s the only way she can have babies. 4 was the last one, she had a lot of health risks with the 4th one.

You need to discuss this with your doctor. Every case is different. Personally, I’ve had 5 but there was 23 years between my first and last. So many things come into play when considering if it is safe to have multiple ones.

1 Like

Risks increase with each one. I had 2 and can never carry again

1 Like

Ask your doctor and NOT these imitation Facebook wannabe doctors. Only a doctor that know your medical history can tell you

3 Likes

Ive had 2 only because my 1st one ended in an emergency so they reccomended the 2nd.

Depending on scar tissue, the recommended is 3 max. I’ve had 3, #4 will be any day now. My dr said with my last baby my scar tissue was very minimal and was “ok” to have another.

1 Like

I would highly recommend to everyone to check
The vbac link they have a lot of research about c sections :two_hearts:

I had 3, they told me I was done

3 was my max. Anymore and my uterus would not have been able to hold another baby to term due to previous uterine window opened with my last 2.

I had four and she told me the next one would be very risky.

Every woman is different theres no exact number but the more you the more risk that come with them but some woman have 3 some 6 it all depends on your body im having my third in April it will be my last because I finally got my boy . your doctor will tell you if you had enough thata really the only person who knows our experiences may be different from yours.

1 Like

I think it just kind of all depends how you heal. I have had 3 so far and they never said anything about not having anymore. A girl I worked with had 3 and they said if she were to have a 4th there could be some complications…

I think until your doctor has concerns. If your body handles it then why not keep going until you want be done?

I had 3… probably could’ve had more. No issues with any of them

I was told 3 max. I had 3 but with health issues shouldn’t have more. Can’t have more because I had tubal ligation done so I wouldn’t have more. I love babies and my kids but between health and financial won’t have more. Ps. Recommended is no more then 3 but others have had more

Depends on scar tissue… I had 3 but really my body was not good during that 3rd one. But 3 is considered high risk. Some drs are ok with more. But like I said depends on your body and healing time. And how far apart you have them… those areal factors they look into.

I have 6 kids 4 vaginal and 2 c-sections. My friend had 5 c-sections and then stopped after that due to scar tissue.

Most doctors will say 3 I’ve had 4…

I had 4, but the 4th pregnancy was terrible, had pressure on the scar tissue all the time and ended up having my last daughter 5 weeks early due to tissue tearing.

I had 2 c-sections. The first child was an emergency c-section (cord wrapped, and a preemie), 2nd child was a another c-section “once a c-section, always a c-section”.
Then I had my 3rd child VBAC, adopted my 4th child (I was the “coach”,:blush:, and had my last child VBAC as well.
It all depends on your body, safety for you and baby, and what your Dr. recommends.
My 3rd probably should have been a c-section, but I wanted to truly experience childbirth. My Dr. stayed with me the whole time.

I had 3 & that had to be my last because of so much scar tissue; my last one took about an hour & a half. Which we were planning it to be the last anyway.

I had 3 then had my tubes tied on my 3rd xx

My mom had 4 C-sections, then three naturals! Her first was an emergency c-section and the doctors cut vertically, so she was advised not to have more babies after that. Like I said she went on to deliver 6 more. Everyone is different! You’ll have to find doctors who want to provide for you, as some may view the risks as a liability and be too scared to care for you. My mom has crazy stories of doctors being so afraid of being sued if something went wrong during delivery that they actually made horrible decisions and put both her and my siblings’ lives at risk. Good luck momma!! I hope you can find a caring and qualified doctor to bring your as many babies into the works as you desire :heart:

I was going to get two with my kids but because i refused the needle in the back they didnt give me one n now im in serve back pain 24/7 n i want my body back

I also had a c-section because my pelvis was too small, the doctor said I can not give birth vaginally & I can have up to 5 c-sections.

I’ve heard three but then again I know a woman’s whose had five

If I remember right, they really don’t want you to have more than 3. Each one you have the more risk it is.

1 Like

Everyone is different, all bodies heal different, I guess it really depends on how your body handles them…some can’t have more than 1 some have 5+

I have always heard 3

My niece had 4 in 5 yrs. she’s been told no more

I know of a woman who’s had so much scar tissue from previous csections that they ended up cutting her vertically. I’m not sure if she continued having kids after that though.

I have had two c sections. My mother had four.

My SIL has had 6. I’ve had 2.

Yeah they recommend 3 but when I was having my last their was a woman on her 6th… There just more of a risk of bleeding because of scar tissue well that’s what they said when I had 3rd 3 mths ago…

Ashley Riddle Williams weird timing. Look 5 and 6 ^^^^

My sister has had 2 and they told her only 1 more will be safe. So 3 I think.

As stated above everyone person heals different I’ve known women to have 6+ and been ok I had 1 and can never have anymore babies as I’m a high risk I nearly died also

I have heard 3 only and I will be having my 3rd c section in March

You can have as many as you can handle though I wouldn’t advise having them close together

Just had my 4th recover sucks more and more every time

Depends on your body. The amount of time between them for you to heal. Your scar tissue situation.
Some women get advised to stop as they end up having a paper thin uterus. Best thing would be to talk to your Dr each time and come to an agreement.

I have had 2. My first was with my triplets. Then one after them.

I had two vags and then 2 C-sections. I can’t do no more than that. My last baby is almost 6 and I still hurt

I’ve had 4. 2 in 10 months :sob: but I had no problems. But my dr said 3 is considered risky. He only did my 4th because he did all my other 3

My mom had 7!!
Just depends on each person

It’s all depends on the amount of scar tissue that forms after each surgery and how thin your lower uterine segment becomes

I had all 3 of my babies via c section, and have subsequently had a total hysterectomy.

My mom had the same issue and had 4 of us all by c section. First 2 were a week shy of being a year apart and the 2 youngest just over 2 years apart.

I’ve had 4 and would definitely not be afraid to have a 5th

I’ve had 4… I was told not to exceed 6 but that after your 3rd your risks for complications increases more

I’ve had 6 and then got my tubes tied

I had 8 beautiful kids w Csection. Depends how u n ur body, every woman different

1 Like

I’ve only had one (so far) but my dr said I’d probably be able to have 3-4 total,that after each one he’d re-evaluate to see how everything is and let me know. Just in case anything changes and I can’t have anymore suddenly.

I guess it’s better that have c-sections than it is to use the other way I have one because of my health I only have one child and she is now beautiful married woman after 22 years I guess it doesn’t matter how many you have as long as you have a healthy baby

I had C Section with my 1st due to being small pelvis but my second one they gave me a 6hr trial of labour so baby didnt get distressed before doing C Section but I had her vaginal in 3hrs so may depend on size of baby to as 1st one was 8lbs 3oz…2nd was only 6lbs

My friend had 5 c sections. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’d be asking your doctor based on your own health and experience. It’s going to be different for everyone due to how each of the procedures went and how your body recovers from them. I know people who have had 3 & 4 of them, as well as I know some who were advised not to have anymore after the first & second.

I’ve had 3 but my doctor did say that my third should be my last as I had a ton of scar tissue on my uterus.

I guess it depends on your body. I’ve had two and my doctor told me that my body can only handle one more

I’ve had 4, no issues. It depends on your body id say :woman_shrugging:t3: Your health as well. Also scar tissue.

I would find a new doctor. “Small pelvis” is usually a bs excuse doctors give women. It’s very rare that a pelvis would actually be too small to birth as it is designed to spread during labor.

However, to answer the question, your risk of future pregnancy complications goes up with each c section. Especially if you know you will be having a c section next time. Placenta accreta, scar tissue, etc. i wouldn’t have more than 2 personally.

3 Likes

I had 4. After my 4th my Dr told me there was a uterine window and said my choice to remove my tubes was a great decision as a 5th could be very dangerous. I’ve chatted with women who’ve had 5 even one with 7 though so it all definitely depends. All of mine were 3 years apart.

My first was a csection due to me having a small pelvis (although his head was 40.4cm, so either way there was no way he would have been natural) and then my second was an automatic csection. When I was pregnant with my second my obgyn said that there is no set number that they can tell me as far as how many I can have, but if the pregnancy/delivery/recovery had complications it does affect how your next one will be. Be careful and use common sense, if your last delivery/recovery was traumatic, then your probably done.

In uk 3 is maximum. I think

I’ve had two and having my third in 4 days. I found out I was pregnant with my second when my first was only 8 months old. That second one was rough because I didn’t wait long enough. I waited almost 7 years this time around to have my third though. I’m hoping they tell me I can have 1 more in 2 or 3 years.

I had 3 for my children then one for a partial hysterectomy. All depends on your body.

I’m having my third c section in two weeks it’ll be my final

I’ve had 3. I’ve heard people say only 3. But my last doctor said that she just did a csection on a lady who was on her 5th one. So I guess it depends. Definitely talk with your doctor first.

They say 3 but women have gone to have more than that

I’m going on my 4th in may

If you have to ask, you already have to many kids. Stop.

1 Like

My gyno doesn’t recommend more than 3 due to the scar tissue not healing properly, I have one boy and I had a c section

I just found we are pregnant with our 3rd. This will be another c section as well. I remember when I had my 2nd 3 yrs ago, he said I have a lot of scar tissue. Has anyone still.had a successful pregnancy with a lot of scar tissue from c sections plus w/o a gallbladder??

I’ve had 4 and my doctors see no problem in me having another. It really depends on how well you heal and how much scar tissue

I work in labor and delivery and technically there is no amount… usually more than 3 means more adhesions and scar tissue which makes the incision harder to do. There are women who have had 8 and 9 sections and have happy fat healthy babies.

I had 4 and was told I could not carry another baby during this delivery. Uterus almost ruptured this time around as it was paper thin so decided to tie my tubes.

I’ve had 4 and did fine.

I’ve had three, my MIL had 4.

It is variable on the woman. Due to scar tissue it make dissection harder the more there is, and therefore more susceptible to major bleeding. As more open to bowel or bladder issues.
Yet some woman can go on to have 6 or more with no complications at all.
Your Obgyn should be able to tell you straight after the surgery.
I’ve had 3 but one was a twin pregnancy and I’ve had no complications. However after my last the obgyn said to me that I should consider having no more (with 4 kids I was fine with that)

Just an FYI, multiple sections are linked to acreta and it can become very dangerous to mother and unborn child

Ask a fucking doctor. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes