How many calories do you eat a day for weight loss?

For those of you who count calories for weight loss, how many calories do you get a day? I feel like mine is to high on my fitness pal. It gave me 1800 calories a day which I think is still alot.

3 Likes

I do intermittent fasting which has worked great in dripping 10-12lbs. I eat from noon or 1pm until like 8 at night. Sorry this doesn’t answer your question though.

1500, but it goes off what you caloric needs are based off your goals, age, height, etc. You can increase your deficit by adding in an additional walk/run/workout without dropping your calories.

On workout days I eat 1700 calories
On rest days I eat 1500ish.
I also eat a diet closer to what my ancestors would have eaten, it’s been a recent switch, and the pounds are falling off. There’s some merit on eating food that you’d be genetically conditioned to.

Everyone’s caloric needs are different, you just got to find your sweet spot between constantly starving and no longer spending the entire day thinking about your next meal. Takes some playing around, and it changes often.

I exercise Monday- Friday ( weights, HIIT and cardio ) and I eat no more than 1800 cals. Low carb during those days. Saturday and Sunday are my rest days and days to have higher carbs/sugar. But those days i still dont eat higher than 2000 cals. In 3 weeks I’ve lost 10lbs.
It’s all about how much you burn vs how much you consume. Burn twice what you eat ( I burn about 4000 cals a day so I don’t eat more than 2000 )

My nutritionist told me 1800 and I need to drop over 100 lbs.

Start eating some cruciferous vegetable mix salads with chicken, I love them.
I use various dressings but my fave lower calorie one is fattoush dressing
They help me stay under my calories while feeling full and very healthy

1200 high protein no carb

1 Like

How many calories are you burning… eating less calories than you burn equals weight loss.

I do weights training at the gym with a personal trainer he has my calories set at 1900 per day for weight loss and maintenance calories are 2100 per day

I started at around 1800 calories to lose 1 lbs a week. As I put in my weekly weight on myfitness pal it will adjust your calories. I’m down to around 1600 now.