How many moms had a hysterectomy in their 30's?

How many moms have had a hysterectomy in their 30’s? My doctor is recommending one for me due to some issues I’ve been having for a long time now. Is there anything I should know or expect? Will it change anything for me sex wise? I’m done having kids so I’m absolutely not upset about possibly having it done. Just wanted to hear other stories about how my body would be after surgery.

6 Likes

I had a partial at 35 and I haven’t had any issues and I’m now 50. Best decision ever

Had it done at 33 no issues best decision I’m now 67!

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: I did. Best decision I ever made.

I was 32. Best thing i ever did

1 Like

I am trying to decide whether to go this route as well due to fibroids and endometriosis. I highly recommend joining the group Hysterectomy Sisters. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

I had one at 32 . A partial . The only suggestion I have is when they tell you to do nothing , please do nothing . I felt so good after three weeks decided to clean off a bookshelf and I I really goofed by doing so . I had to have an emergency trip to Dr and he said , “ now you can start your recovery all over again “ . Other than that , I was fine . Did go through menopause in my forties but was fine there too

1 Like

I didn’t have mine done and I been wanting it done I know a lot of people who did they all said the same it was the best they had ever had done

I had one at 32. I still have my ovaries so no early menopause. Sex is actually better now because I don’t have pain and believe it or not but my orgasms are more intense.

Did it at 31! No regrets!!
Sex is bomb!

I was 30 it was the Best thing I ever did it didn’t change anything , just be careful with hormone replacement therapy

Talk to your doctor about hormone replacement therapy. It saved my marriage.

1 Like

I had a c section/hysterectomy to save mine and my baby’s life. I was 33. It was hard since it wasn’t my choice. But I do NOT have the sex drive I used to. I miss it.

i have one ovary left i had a Hysterectomy at 40 was a great decision but painful and remember get a bag of pads for after the surgery

I had to have a full one due to endometriosis. Best/worst decision. I have 0 sex drive at 29. The night sweats and hot flashes are horrible, and it’s incredibly increased my anxiety and depression where I’m now medicated for them .

I had mine at 31. Prolapse uterus due to a benign tumor behind my uterus that was not visible on ultrasounds in the early 80’s. Procedures were different back then. Sending you healing prayers.

I had one at 34 because of endometriosis. It was worth it.

The only issues now are about the time I would be ovulating I get a pain (down there) that stops me in my tracks and I go up on my tippy toes. And when it’s super hot out or I’m super stressed my stomach swells. The drs don’t know what causes either or if it’s related to the hysterectomy.

After the surgery I had massive night sweats, but they went away. I have not gone through early menopause and they removed everything except one ovary.

When the dr tells you that you need to heal after the surgery and not do anything basically, take their advice. I vacuumed and did laundry the day after surgery and it took 10x longer to heal.

1 Like

Other than a possibility of hormone therapy/treatments, the only other biggest con I have heard about having a hysterectomy at an young age is that you have a high probability of starting menopause early.

1 Like

One of the best decisions I’ve ever made!

I had one at 35 still have my ovaries but I was fine after 48 hours best thing I ever did!!

Had total abdominal hysterectomy at 30, have had a long and early menopause, but glad I had it. I’m now 61, still taking HRT.

I got one at 32. Kept the ovaries. They did it because I had placenta previa and a risky third pregnancy (third c-section) they recommended the surgery so I wouldn’t loose as much blood. I was done having kids too. Before this sex was sometimes painful. Now my sex life is amazing, no pain! I actually feel more sexually active now than before. Best decision ever!

I had mine for endometriosis at 30. They left my ovaries to avoid early menopause. I continued to have ovarian cysts off and on but nothing like the endometriosis pain. I think every woman should be offered a hysterectomy after there last child is born as a thank you to motherhood and one less thing to deal with. :joy:

Best desion. Just follow instructions. Decide rather you want hormones or not and those pro and cons