How many of your kids are on anxiety meds?

How many of y’all have your kids on anxiety medications? My 10 year old has had it his whole life really and worries all the time, he’s also a bed wetter. we always make sure he knows how loved he is and that we are always here for him and nothing is “wrong” I just hate the idea of him needing medicine for it I didn’t want him to have my problems and actually have to depend on it everyday like i do, This morning he was crying when he woke up just because he was going back to school after a week of winter break and he was so stressed about going back and getting back in a routine, I’m at such a loss and it’s breaking my heart to see him struggle with these feelings

2 Likes

Does he see a counselor? CBT, DBT, mindfulness, and many other therapies are available to get to the root of it all. And a lot of the time, counseling can take the place of medication for young kids.
If all other avenues have been exhausted though, sometimes meds are necessary.
I have one kid that needed meds, even with counseling, and one that counseling, alone, was enough.

My son is 11 and was on anxiety meds. He only needed them a week straight. Now it’s as needed.

Both my girls have been on them many years