How many times does your kid get out of bed at night?

Approximately how many times or attempts does it take you to put your LO to sleep at night? My baby girl is three months. Every night is different, sometimes right away other nights, I’ll put her to “sleep” (so I would think), and then 5-15 minutes later, she starts fussing or crying, and I start all over again.

10 Likes

I was a give it fifteen minutes Mum .Obviously if she’s bawling go in, but just see if she can settle herself first. Try five minutes, then ten etc. No more than fifteen.

1 Like

3 month olds dont really have a sleeping schedule and every baby is different. So what works for one might not work for you.
Sleep is developmental.

12 Likes

My 4 month daughter wakes up only twice, I give her a bath every night with lavender soap, feed her a whole bottle before bed, give her teething gel and swaddle her and she’s out

My baby is 3 months and once he’s asleep, he’s out for the rest of the night until at least 6am.

My nearly 6 month old still wakes every 2 hours for bottles but still fusses in between aswel she has 4 bottles between 11pm-5am x

1 Like

Every baby at that age is different you’re gonna get a lot of same, in between, and far from it type of answers.

1 Like

At 2 years they will have a regular sleep schedule but untill then it will change all the time but make sure they have a full belly a clean diper and pray that they sleep wish you good luck my 1 year old has almost got 6 to 7 hours down

2 Likes

My girls are older now. 4&6 but they were premie born 2 months early. I use to give them a warm lavender bath around 9pm & lavender lotion before their bedtime bottle and bum change. But I remember them waking up 3-4 hours after this needing another bottle :slightly_smiling_face:

My youngest is 2 months old and will wake up once to eat and sleep through the rest of the night. At this age they’re not doing it to be needy; they are babies and just like us they are all different. Some babies will require more attention than others.

It’s normal for that age not to have a sleeping pattern yet and every baby is different. My daughter at that age would sleep 1-2 hours then cry asking for bottle. Sleeps another 3-4 hrs to feed again. She sleeps longer not asking to feed if she didn’t have lots of naps during the day. Making a routine might help but honestly, babies around that age would sleep easily if they are very comfortable, not hungry & not sick.

3 month olds don’t sleep through the night

1 Like

I hold my 3.5 month old to sleep every night between 7-8pm, depending on when he shows signs of being tired. Takes about 15-20 minutes before I can put him down, and then he’ll sleep for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours

Totally normal for 3 month old. My kids didn’t sleep through the night until they were about 2

1 Like

I have an 8 month old and he goes to sleep at 9-9:30 wakes up once to eat in the middle of the night and gets up at 6ish. We co-sleep.

At that age none of my kids stayed on a night sleeping schedule… There would be times where they would switch and be up all night and want to sleep all day… But when theyd be on a “decent” schedule they would be up about 2 or 3 times from say 930 to 730am. Youll get a more steady schedule when shes a lil older shes just getting out of the newborn stage. I know youre dying for that sleep and its coming but its going to be a couple more months… By about 6 months they can generally sleep thru the night but then she may not… As not all advance on this one the same … We always did a bedtime bath (baby magic makes a great bedtime bath) did full body massage with the lotion and would lay em down with a sound machine that had dancing lights and the mobile without the sound. It seemed to help but again at this age shes not going to stick to a sleep schedule and youll drive yourself and her nuts trying to force it

1 Like

Our daughter is 4 months and since she was 2 months we have a routine. 5pm she gets a bottle, 7pm she gets baby rice (currently mixing banana in) 8pm bath/lotion book and snuggle and at 9pm she takes whatever she wants of a bottle and goes to sleep. Most of the time she sleeps until 4am-6am depending on hunger and gums hurting.

I’m glad that ship has sailed for me.

My daughter is almost 13 months, and she STILL has no typical bed time schedule. Some nights, she’s so good about going to bed herself, other nights, im up until 2 am begging her to sleep. But, the one thing that has not changed, is she wakes up AT LEAST 3 times a night. Mostly more, but never less…

My little girl is 3 months old and has been sleeping through the night since she was 1 week old

She’s three month old…uhh this is normal :laughing: get used to it. Check all her need food diaper snuggled and temperature such as proper clothing and such. Rock her to sleep once she’s asleep put hey in her crib and if she wakes repeat. Welcome to mom life.

My second woke every 2 hours until he was 3. He’s 6 and still wakes occasionally. My first cried forever and barely slept until 10 months old and he stayed sleeping through the night. He still sleeps 12 hours a night perfectly fine and he almost 10. My third is 4 days old and sleeps for 2 hours at a time in his bassinet and wakes to feed then goes back to bed. He could go either way once he’s out of the newborn stage. Every baby is different.

She’s 3months old lol every baby Is different this is why it annoys me when parents think they little baby should be sleeping through the night just because they heard someone else’s baby sleeps through the night, stop worrying or stressing and just go with your baby’s flow

With my first she slept 6 hour stretches by 5 weeks. With my now 8 month old I only got her sleeping through the night within the last month or so. She was up every hour to 90 minutes for a spell just needing reassurance.

At 3 months they want to know mama is there. That they are safe and you will come when they cry. Even if you are someone to believe in the cry it out method she is too young. I understand how tough it is, really. Try the nested sleep sack or a white noise machine. Routine is huge. Bath, book, milk, calm quiet, low lights, same time every night. Hang in there mama. I promise you that when she starts sleeping through the night you’ll look back and say, “oh my gosh, remember when she wouldn’t?!”

She’s only 3 months old? It is a bit too early to start sleep training. I started with my girls when they are a bit over 6 months. Your sweet girl still need to be fed every few hours throughout the night. I know, it’s so hard. But you can do it. Every child is different. My firstborn slept throughout the night when she was 6 months old. My last babe (4th) didn’t sleep throughout the night until close to 8 months i think. My second baby didn’t sleep through the night till she was almost 1.

What I did with my girls when it’s time to put them to bed was give them quick snack, be sure her diaper is clean, read a bit, rock her, tell her we love her, and put her to bed. We would have white noise on for her whether it’s a fan, or tv playing in the background or soft music.

You’re doing great!

2 Likes

My daughter now 7 years old, slept a straight 6 hours at night when she was 3 months old. She was always a good sleeper, still is.

My son who is now 4, did not sleep through the night till he was 1 year old and still work for a feed till about 14 months. However at age 4 he is a good sleeper.

As kids get older sleeping gets better for most.

My first went to bed at 9 and up at 6 you could set a clock by him. My second every hour, hour and a half. Every child is different. If you are training then training takes time, persistence and patience. Good luck

My 3 month old wakes twice a night…Were usually up 2 hrs each time…My 17 month.old he isnt a sleeper never has been…Im up more with him then my baby…

My daughter went right to sleep but my son would come down immediately after I left so I would lay with him until he was in a deep sleep and he would never wake up.

When my son was 3 months old he was up every couple hours to eat but would fall right back to sleep, he is 10 months old now and still wakes up at least twice for a bottle…he likes to eat!

I didn’t know you could put a 3 month old down for the night. Mine were up every 2-3 hrs for feeding until they were about 8 months old.

1 Like

St 3 months they wake up every 2 to 3 hours

1 Like

My grandson is the same way. One night he will sleep right away. Others like last night he woke every half hour

My 4 oldest always got rocked to sleep. My twins, we co sleep. So when they go to bed, we lay down and go to bed with them.

My daughter has slept through the night (10hrs) since she was like a month or 2 old. But I also know babies who wake up every 2hrs through the night. Just depends on the baby.

Well your 3 month old cannot get out of their bed, so if that the right question to ask?