How many times should baby wake through the night to feed?

How often should an infant be waking in the night to eat? my baby sleeps from 7pm to 7 am without waking up…I love the sleep I am getting but it does worry me…

3 Likes

As long as the baby isn’t losing weight and is active and alert when awake then I wouldn’t be concerned. Some mamas just get lucky and their babies are good sleepers. Lol

11 Likes

Idk I never wake my kiddos up to eat. I currently have a 3 weeks old and there are times she will sleep 5-6 hours without waking up and I let her. She knows when she’s hungry.

4 Likes

Depends on a lot of things really…
How old is baby? How much is baby eating in a 24 hour period? How has baby’s weight gain been?

I had to wake both my kids up the first few weeks. They would only take one to two ounces at a time…even when we tried longer stretches between feedings. And they wouldn’t wake on their own.

1 Like

I only every woke my one little one (she wasn’t gaining weight and needed to eat every 3 hours) she would have slept all night…my other 3 slept through the night at about 6 weeks on and I never woke them.

1 Like

I’ve never woken my kids up to feed during the night. I just gave extra feeds during the day

1 Like

Need more info. How old is the child?

It really depends on a lot of factors which include: age, weight gain, etc etc

1 Like

Definitely need more info. How old is babe

As long as your baby is thriving and gaining weight, there is absolutely no need to wake a sleeping baby.
Some wake every two hours, others once to twice a night, while some simply love their sleep.

So overall, is your baby gaining or keeping a steady weight? Doing well overall? Enjoy the sleep :blush: If they’re not doing so well and you or doctor are concerned, wake them and get them to feed.

Every child is different and every situation is different. This is a question for the pediatrician.