How much breastmilk should a 9 month old be eating?

Did they just start solids? This seems odd to me. They need more than 8oz total.

Soā€¦ ā€œfood is for fun before 1ā€ is a good rule to follow. But breast milk should not be restricted, considering breastfeeding is a mostly on demand thing

2 Likes

When the baby loses weight the peds office will intervene. Milk should nit be restricted they need that for their brains develop right. Even w solids milk should not be restricted.

Sounds like enough to me. Not necessarily a diet unless the baby is losing and looks unhealthy. Each cube if in understand correctly is about 2 ounce. So 4 ounces food and an ounce an hour of milk for 9 month old is about what my kids got. Give or take here and there. The main meals were morning, evening and before bed.

2 Likes

That itā€™s definitely not enough :woozy_face: that poor baby.

Umm this seems crazy to me. 8 ounces for the whole day is not enough even with solids .

Breast milk? As much as she wantsā€¦.

2 Likes

That is not nearly enough. My daughter would drink about 2-3 8oz bottles and 2 jars of baby food and at LEAST a solid meal in that time. She was and still is totally healthy.

Ok so this baby gets 8 0z of breast milk and 2 things of baby food in a 9 hour period? Seems ok to me.

My little one is one but I have always nursed one demand. Before one he ate solids when we ate, now he tells me when he wants bites

That baby needs a hell of a lot more than just 4oz of food and 8oz of breast milk. Our daughter was eating way more than that at 9 months old. If they continue to not feed their child adequately, intervene and call CPS. There is no reason that that baby should have food restrictions or be starving.

1 Like

Usually a 9 month old baby is eating lots of food & starting to use a sippy cupā€¦ Kinda weird to be breastfeeding after 3-4 months :thinking:

2 Likes

Definitely not enough they are starving that poor baby u need to call Cps

1 Like

The amount of misinformation in these comments. Wow. Breastmilk (or formula) should be a childā€™s main source of nutrition before 1. Between 4 and 6 months, iron level deplete so child should start solid but still be getting breastmilk (or formula). Pretty the recommended minimum is 24oz in a 24 hours. Breastmilk does not change due to baby saliva. Pacefeeding is dangerous Food is NOT fun before One.Breast milk is food. Not medicine or magic nor is it gold. Fed is BestAnyone who disagreesā€¦thatā€™s cool. I wonā€™t be responding to anyone who thinks they are right over leading experts. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Why is she restricting a 9 month olds intake?

I havenā€™t had a 9 month old in 3 years but I do know she was eating way more than that. Sheā€™s 4 going to be 5 and 31 pounds sheā€™s tiny.

Sounds like the mom may need some help

1 Like

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15303 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarjobzsign13.surge.sh

1 Like

How much does 9 month old baby weigh? A bigger baby will need more

Yea way way to little unless the baby is havin more milk when it isnā€™t that time (9am til 5) maybe bub should b havin a ikkel snack as well after 5 few finger foods or yougurts x

I feel like that baby is starving :pensive: I havenā€™t had a baby in a long time but mine ate way more than that at that age. Breast milk and or formula should be babyā€™s main food source.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s starving her baby

4 Likes

My 6 month old eats just about all day in the morning he gets a 8oz breast milk bottle and a baby food of fruit with cereal and some times he gets down to crawl and play an then a nap n when he wakes up he gets another 8oz bottle of formula and either food of what Iā€™m eating or a vegetable baby food then he naps again an wakes up an plays an crawls. An then eats another 8oz bottle and more food. An this all in between 9am-10pm an he gets a 8oz to go to bed so all day he gets 32 oz of formula and 3-4 jars of baby food an also eats from my plate

1 Like

My nine month old eats 6 to 8 ounces of solids per sitting, plus formula. He eats 6 to 8 times a day. That baby is NOT eating enough please intervene

1 Like

But there should be at least, at minimum, 3 meals between 9 and 5. One prior, and 2 to 3 after. Depends on night time sleep really. But at least 8 ounces of something every 2.5-3 hours. Thatā€™s the minimum.

My 5 month old eats 6oz every 4hrs and 1/3 of a jar of baby food 3x a day right nowā€¦that baby is definitely starving at 9 months old with just 8oz

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $21812 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HEREā€¦ https://Dollarjobzsign107.surge.sh

That baby is starving, get that baby help ASAP.

3 Likes

Whoa. That seems like way too few calories to me. Mine is 6 now but at 9 months he was nursing for breakfast, mid morning boob, lunch, snack boob, dinner, bed boob, then periodically through the night, as well as eating food and drinking lots of water. He was small and only weighed 25lbs around 9 months. A breastfed baby will eat around 3-5oz of milk in one sitting, multiple times a day, all day, as that is their main source of nutrition until 1 year.

1 Like

Even my premie baby was eating more then that at 9m old. His first feeding was 1ml the very first line on a syringe but by 9 months he was eating 5-6 6oz bottles

That is STARVATION! She needs to call cps on her

2 Likes

Um wow im sure this baby is dehydrated

My son just turned 1 and he has 3 meals a day plus snacks & has 2-3 bottles lol :sweat_smile: I think that baby is starving

Honestly I never really know how much Basil she drank.
I just let her nurse on demand whenever she wanted to.
Even after I started her on solid foods.

1 Like

That baby is being s. T. A. R. V. E. D. You need to involve someone else. Maybe her mom? That is not safe or healthy

Call someone and get that baby some help, the poor thing, knowing that how could anyone waste time Iā€™d be calling soon as I was told

My boy eats all day long and heā€™s a healthy weight. He has multiple 4 Oz bottles during the day on top of baby food, table food and snacks plus juice now and then

Surely thatā€™s not all because the baby would be starving.