How much did your baby weigh if they were born early?

our baby girl could be coming anytime now due to some things but praying to get another two weeks in which would make her 34/35 weeks… anyone have births this early and how much did your baby weigh? Pictures if allowed . I’m nervous.

16 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How much did your baby weigh if they were born early?

My daughter was just born at 33 weeks and she was 6lbs 2oz! Lol we’re still in the NICU. This is her

15 Likes

Lottie-Rose was born at 30 weeks weights 2lbs 14oz then dropped to 2lbs 2oz. We had 6 weeks in the nicu and she’s now a very healthy 2 year old! Prem babies are really so amazing! The strength they have is just unreal :heart: good luck to you all xx

2 Likes

Twins born at 27 weeks, 2lb 2oz and 2lb 4oz. They are 20 years old now and was told at their 1year old dr visit that if he didn’t know they were premies, he wouldn’t have been able to tell it because they were so healthy. Very blessed and thankful!

1 Like

I had my son at 36 weeks. No issues or nicu time. 5lbs 4oz

3 Likes

My son was born at 34 wks, he weighed 5lbs 12oz, 19&1/2 inches. Stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks.

I had my oldest at 36 weeks she was 6 lb 7 oz, middle at 34 weeks and she was 7 lb 7 oz, my son at 31 weeks and he was 5 lbs. I was kind aworried after that if i went full term id have a huge baby and im super small but my little came at 42 weeks and was 7 lbs 14 oz

1 Like

My son was born at 33weeks he was 3lbs 11ozs
My twins were born at 35weeks 4lbs 13ozs & 5lbs even

2 Likes

My oldest was born at 37 weeks I was induced , nd my 2nd came at 34 weeks I had preclemencia high risk I was induced too , now my 3rd pregnancy im told same thing I might have my boy early , im currently 29 weeks

32 weeks 4.6 pounds. Came home 12 days later 4 pounds even. She graduated High School 8th in her class and now a Senior in College

2 Likes

My oldest was born at 35 weeks he was 5 pounds 5 ounces. He was ready to go home the next afternoon I had to stay 3 days because of complications from the preeclampsia.

1 Like

My nephew was born a 1.5 months early and they said he’d only weigh about 3 lbs and he was born 5lb3oz. My niece was a month early at 5lb6oz. My 1st was 9lb3oz and this one is measuring big already also. I wish you and the baby the best of luck.

1 Like

My son was 31 weeks born at 3 pounds 10 oz.

3 Likes

My baby was 3 weeks and 4 days early to due date and was 6lbs 5oz and was ready to come home in 2 days and is as healthy as can be :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first born a girl 40 weeks exactly 6.8lbs
My second born a boy born 36.6 weeks was 8.5lbs
So really every pregnancy is different

2 Likes

Oldest boy born at 30+1 weeks he weighed 3lb 3oz or 1.538grams :blue_heart:

1 Like

This has nothing to do with babies being early, because both of mine were considered full term. 1st daughter: 37+2, 7 lbs 8 oz. 2nd daughter: 37+5, 7 lbs exactly. They swore my second baby was going to be a large baby and were off by a couple of pounds.

My son was born at 27 weeks. Weighed 2 pounds 2 oz

My grandson was born early at 34 weeks n weighed 4lb 9oz

I had my girl at 36w and she was 5lbs 7oz, no nicu stay.

26 weeks - 1 lb 5 oz
114 days in the NICU
She is almost a year old now and doing amazing!

1 Like

29&1 2lbs 8oz, 69 day NICU stay

1 Like

My daughter was born at 35 weeks she was 5.11lbs

i birth twins early they where 5 lbs and 4 lbs and my last was one baby 6 lbs

My baby was 39 weeks at 5 pound 12.5oz. came out on the smaller side although they were sure her size was fine the whole pregnancy

My daughter was 3lbs and fit in my hand!
Best moment of my life:)

1 Like

4lbs 6oz 6 weeks early and stayed in the hospital for 1 week

Both my boys were born at 35 weeks. Eldest was 7lb 7oz and youngest was 7lb 8oz

I was induced at 36wks-6lbs 9oz either my first.
361/2 wks -6lbs 15oz with my second

I had twins at 27 weeks… they were just under 2lbs. They are now 8 and almost taller than me. you’ll do fine mama.

baby came at 37+5 @ 8lbs even

1 Like

I had my son at 36 weeks…6lbs 13oz

My sons at 34 weeks was 5.5. My daughter at 35 weeks was 6.8. They came home with me

My princess now 8 years old was 2 pounds 14 ounces.

1 Like

2 weeks early and weighed 7lbs

35 weeks -7lbs 4.4oz- is now 6
32 weeks- 8lbs 2.5oz- is now 3
30weeks- 5lbs 8oz-is now turning 2

Such a handsome boy😘

1- 37 wks 9.4
2- 35 wks 7.11
3- 38 wks 9.8
4- 36 wks 10.1

Drs don’t know how far along my son was, they kept changing his due date but he weighed 5.1 lbs

1 Like

My niece was born at 25 weeks but stopped growing about 20. 13.8 oz. Both of mine, my son a week early and my daughter 3 days late were 7.15

1st boy was born at 36weeks 6lbs 3oz, 2nd born at 34weeks 4lbs 11oz, my recent was born at 39weeks 6lbs 9oz. Babies weigh what they feel I suppose

Both mine at full term. One 5lbs 9oz the other 5lbs 12oz. Honestly you never know. My first born I was told she was 7lbs. They were off by a couple lbs.

My son was born at 35 weeks exactly and was 4lbs 4oz 17 1/2 inches long

1 Like

3lbs 11oz only spent 2 weeks in the Nicu and is home and doing great now. :slightly_smiling_face:

My daughter was born at 34.5 weeks and weighed 4lbs 7oz.

1 Like

My daughter was born at 31 weeks. 3 lbs 12 oz, 17 in long. My son was born at 37 weeks. 6 lbs 9 oz, 17 in long.

My Daughter was born at 34 weeks 4 lbs 5 oz

My daughter was 5lbs 14oz and born at 37 weeks exactly.

1 Like

One born at 34 weeks (5lbs 4oz) one born at 36 weeks (6lbs 3oz)

38 weeks 7lbs 7oz 19 inches long

1 Like

24 weeks-1 lb14.5 ozs
28 weeks 2 lbs 3 Oz
29 weeks 1 lb 10 Oz’s

1 Like

26 weeks…1 and 1/2 lbs each

1 Like

33+5. 4 pounds 7 ounces :purple_heart:

1 Like

35 weeks 8lbs 7oz
35 weeks 5lbs 11oz
35 weeks 5lbs 7oz

1 Like

I had 3 at 34 weeks
6.11, 7.3, 5.13

1 Like

My first (out of 2) was born premature at 28 weeks. He was 1lb 14 oz. I had severe preeclampsia with him. He had to stay in the NICU for 2 months to learn how to breathe and eat by himself and have no apnea (breathing stops) during his sleep. He also had to be 6 lbs before he went home. It was a very hard time for us, all the tubes and machines and the limited bonding (we lived out of town I was life flighted to the hospital) but our son is now 8 years old and healthy as can be :blue_heart: You would never know he was a preemie.

1 Like

Water broke at 35 weeks but I had prenatal diabetes they were measuring him as a big baby. When he arrived he was 5lbs10oz 20inch long no nicu home in 2days he was breech so had emergency c-section

My eldest son was born 32 years ago I was 27 weeks pregnant by emergency c section he only weighed 640grams! He was 32cm long. He was incubated with head box oxygen and was tube fed 2.5ml every 2 hours with my expressed milk. He needed a complete blood transfusion at 3 weeks old. And in spite of them telling me that his chances of surviving was 10% we never gave up and never lost faith! In spite of all the trials and tribulations he survived! I wish you all the best mommy to be :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I had my youngest child at 29wks pregnant, and he was 2Ibs 11oz. Although scary he is now 9yrs old (or 9 and a half if you ask him).

1 Like

I had pre eclampsia and my son was born at 36 weeks and he weighed 6 pounds 4 oz.Oz… I had to ge induced for fear of me seizing due to very high blood pressure… he was in the nicu for 10 days and just graduated high school… try not to stress mama you got this!!

My youngest was born at 37 weeks exactly and he weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces. I had gestational diabetes with him. They said if I went full term he would of probably been around 11 pounds!!

1 Like

It honestly just depends everyone pregnancy are different specially if you have diabetes or not. I didn’t have diabetes with mine she was 28 weeks 6lb 2oz stay in NICU for a week but we had lots of problems with her breathing and losing weight but she is also special needs. I’m telling if you believe in God put it all in his hands at birth they gave my baby girl 20% chance to live at birth and she is 12 yrs old today

Mine was born at 35 weeks and he was 6 pounds and 3 ounces and did not need to go to the Nicu!

1 Like

My son was born at 31 weeks & was 3lbs 8oz. Stayed month in nicu. Hes now 7 & perfectly healthy

My son was a month early. He still was 7’7oz. However he had to be in the nicu for 12 days and get blood transfusions.

Not that early but my oldest was born 38w 3d and he was 8lbs 2oz, I was induced for having high levels of amniotic fluid.

My baby was born right at 34 weeks no nicu and we both went home 23 hrs later! She was 6 pounds 9oz 21 inches.

28 weeks … one was 2.8lbs the other was 2.10lbs …

My second was a 29 weeker, she was 1405 grams :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My daughter was born exactly 34 weeks and was 5 pounds 2 oz

35 weeks on the dot she was 5lbs 6oz no need for anything she stayed in my room

My son was born at 35 weeks even and he was 5 lbs 7.7 oz.

1. 35 weeks on the dot. The day I got off bed rest. 6.11lbs. Fully ready to go. Mild jaundice. Boy
  2. 37 weeks 6.7 Ready to go. Girl.
  3. 36 weeks 6.10 Ready to go. Boy
  4. 39 weeks 6.7. Induced for high blood pressure. Had to be resuscitated. Girl
  5. 36 weeks 5.9. Ready to go. Girl

My son was born at 35 weeks 2.7kg

35 weeks and he was 8.1 lbs

Both kids were born 2 weeks early due to gestational diabetes
Daughter 7lbs4oz
Son 8lbs 9oz

My 4th child was born at 37 weeks he was 8lbs 3 ounces. But due to being early he was jaundice

5lbs 6 oz one month early. He was healthy as a horse. I had appendicitis.

My son was 3.5 weeks early and came in at juuuuuust 6lbs. He’s now a massive, 6 foot tall 14 year old lol

Mine was born at 37 weeks and weighed 5.9 lbs.

Mine was born exactly 5 weeks early (35weeks) and weighed 5lbs.

My 1st was 5lbs 15oz 2 months early 1 month NICU
My 2nd was 7lbs 10oz 1.5 months early 2 weeks NICU. Both were born early due to me having severe preeclampsia.

5lbs 12oz for my 35.5 weeker, in 2005

My first was born at 35 weeks. She was 5lbs 1.7 oz and dropped to 4 pounds 11 oz before leaving. She got to stay in the room with me and go home when we did.

My second was born at 37 weeks. I had Oligohydramnios with him. He was 6 pounds 4 oz but he had to stay in the NICU for about a week before we could bring him home.

36 w 4 days baby was 7lb 12oz. (Dr was surprised I was a 6lb baby . Dad was small too.

My son was born at 26 weeks and weighed 2 lb and 9 oz

First was 5 days early 6lbs 11oz
Second was 1 week early 8lbs 9oz

32 weeks! 4 pounds, she is 5 (almost 6) healthy, happy and beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My grandson was born at 28 weeks and weighed 2lbs 9 ounces and he’s six now and plays baseball and basketball and is doing great , no lasting effects from being a premie :heart:

My son was 6 weeks premature and was a healthy 5lbs 7oz. One night in the special care unit only coz I was in intensive care.

So… I’m having some issues and they wanna take my girl out at 34.4 weeks (October 11)
As of 2 weeks ago she was measuring at 2lb 10 oz
They are waiting for pre e to hit me full tilt and they think my placenta is giving babe enough nutrients despite me eating everyb2 hours.
Just know that nicu is an amazing place for our babies if that’s what they need
And if you need to talk to vent to another mama with an early preemie/tiny baby then please feel free to inbox me !

I had my little at 35 weeks and he was 6lbs 4oz and 18 inches long. He wore preemie clothes for about a month.

8,6&6 weeks early, all 4lbs3oz

My little was born around a month early. He was 5lbs 9oz and was in the NICU for around 1-2 weeks

My son was born at 31 weeks & was 3lbs 8oz. Stayed month in nicu. Hes now 7 & perfectly healthy

My 35 weekend weighed 6#3ozs

A month early and 6lbs 2oz

My twins were born at 33 weeks and weighed in at 5lbs 8oz and 4lbs 11oz.

I was told they would most likely need to be in NICU for a few weeks and may be developmentally delayed compared to their peers.

Both of them went home with me 5 days later and were in advance placement and merit classes all through school.

They’re now 19, happy and healthy. We experienced no medical issues with them growing up.

I had my 3rd at 35 weeks. He was 6.5 pounds