How much do you make as a server?

Mom’s that serve at a restaurant, working at least 4 days of the week, how much do you make by the end of the day? I was thinking maybe cracker barrel. What’s your advice or opinions. Average tips, restraunts, etc.

3 Likes

Depends on location/place. You get hourly base of like $3/5 an hour and then tips. Also depends on busy hours. You can make 0-800 a day in tips.

I averaged anywhere between $28-59 an hour but most consistently about $35 during week days and $55 on a weekend. I do make over $400 on saturday nights.

Getting into serving you will probably not make as much as you will once you start getting into better spots. Also bartending can help too . I would say a lower end place would be at least 700 a week in tips plus hourly, and higher end places would be about double in tips plus the hourly

1 Like

really depends on the restaurant & the area…

2 Likes

Honestly it depends on where you work and the tipping points. I work at a bar & grill where we tip pool, I work 3-4 days a week and average about $180 CC tips a day or so, $30-$80 cash a day and about $168 paycheck a week

1 Like

It depends on how good of a server you are lol

There are to many variables, when it comes to being a server, to be able to answer this question.

You need to consider your area, restaurant location, customer base and probably the most important factor is you.

2 Likes

If you’ve never dont expect a lot. Also don’t think of stepping on experienced bartenders toes you won’t win. Can’t stand newbies coming in

3 Likes