How much should a 3-month-old be eating?

How much should a 3 month old baby be drinking?

10 Likes

My daughter drank 2-4 oz. Every 2-3 hours around the clock. She was formula fed. Dr told me to make sure she had a good amount of wet diapers. About 6 in 24 hours. Every baby is different!

1 Like

My son drinks 6-10 Oz every 2-3 hours and he’s almost 3 months .

4 Likes

My sons only 2 months but hes drinking 3-5 ounces every 3-4 hours

Mine drank 4-5 ounces I believe

My 3 month old drinks 6 oz

My daughter drinks 4-5 oz

None. It’s a baby. If it has a drinking problem, you should seek help.

*ill see my way out :rofl::rofl:

21 Likes

My daughter drinks 4-6 oz. Just depends

Depends on if you are breastfeeding or formula feeding.
I formula fed all mine and by 3months they were drinking about 5/6oz every 4/5hrs during the day and slept all night

1 Like

Mine drinks 4oz every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If she naps for a long time I’ll give her a 6oz bottle

1 Like

Depends if breast or formula. A breastfed baby will NEVER need more than 4 oz at a time of pace feeding correctly. Breastfed babies only need 1-1.25 oz an hour while gone from mom.

2 Likes

As much as they will take.

4 Likes

However much she wants🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

A fifth of gin puts mine out like a light

…oh…you meant milk… :grimacing:

7 Likes

Cant really tell with breastfeed babys

No amount. Shame on you. :joy:

2 Likes

Depends a lot on the kid, my oldest was on 8oz bottles very quickly and my second youngest was almost a year by the time he got to 8 oz bottles, I let the kids tell me when they are hungry and for how much at this stage

1 Like

When my daughter was 3 months old, she was only drinking 4 oz bottle of formula every 1.5 hours (she was on a formula that wouldn’t keep her full at all)

Depends on the age but my three week old drinks 3 oz every 2-3 hours

Sorry for all the dumb ppl saying “as much as they want”… mine is 1month so I have no advice . Good luck mommy :two_hearts:

1 Like

I have a one month old who drinks 5oz so

1 Like

My daughter was drinking 8oz bottles every 4 hours at 3 months. She was ALWAYS hungry. Every baby is different. Your baby will let you know by spitting up the milk or puckering those little lips so you can’t put the bottle in if that makes sense. At least my baby did at 3 mo

My 3.5 month almost 4 month old drinks 6 oz every 4 hours. But this past week has been hungry and doing 8 oz every 3 hours

Whenever they are done if breast fed

Every baby is different, they will let you know when they are hungry, full, etc. During growth spurts they tend to want to eat more. For example my how 9 year old was only eating 2oz every couple hours at 3 months, then when she hit 4.5 months she went straight to 8oz every 2.5 hours, then back down to 6oz every 3 hours at 6 months. Dr said she was (and still is) pretty healthy(allergies, and acid reflux, and incoprisis only issues) so :woman_shrugging: no one can really answer that one for ya. Just give opinions.

Your baby will let you know. If he/she is hungry, then feed it. Every child is different. Do not put it on a diet.

1 Like

I think mine was eating 6 oz as wanted

I just fed my son on demand, we also breast feed, not sure how different formula is.

1 Like

I would say 4 oz every 2 hours 5 oz every 3 hours just depends on how often they take formula

Its dependen on what they need every baby is difrent

There is no set volume on how much your baby should be eating. If they are on par with their growth chart and eating until they are full, that’s how much your baby eats… which is probably different from what my 3 month old eats, which is different from what my first born ate at that age. Let your baby tell you how much they need to eat.

2 Likes

No! Your baby is way too young to drink. You’ll get arrested. :tropical_drink:

6 Likes

Mine eats 4oz every 2 hours during the day and she sleeps through the night so in the morning it’s 6oz.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure a shot or two will get them to sleep through the night.

8 Likes

My first drank 3oz every 3 hours. My second drinks 8oz every 4 hours.

My daughter was eating 5-6ozs every 5-6 hours. She’s almost 8 months now and eats 6-7ozs 3 times a day.

If it’s breast as much as they want …could be building up your milk for a growth spurt.

More so depends if it’s breast milk or formula.
All babies should be fed on demand but amount would vary greatly

I have absolutely no clue as my son was still feeding every 40 minutes day and night at that age. Then when I switched to formula he had 8oz every hour day and night :person_shrugging:I think it just depends on the baby, my daughter was breastfed and from birth only wanted 2 feeds a day and only 1 at night, really really really depends on the baby hun, they all have different appetites x

3 Likes

6 to 8 oz. Depending on how big the baby is…

2 Likes

Breast milk 2-3 oz every two hours, formula 3-4 oz every two hours

1. Babies shouldnt drink :joy::joy::joy: jkjk. My real answer is GOOGLE
2 Likes

About 100000 boobfulls a day if nursing :breast_feeding:

2 Likes

My 3 month old is drinking 4-6oz every couple hours. She drinks a 6oz bottle of formula before bed, sleeps around 10 hours and then her first morning bottle is 6 oz

Deepends on if the baby is breastfed or formula fed

None the age limit is 21 yo lmaoooo :joy::joy::rofl::joy:

:baby:t3::beer::cocktail::champagne::tropical_drink::taco::taco::taco:

Just adding a little humor :wink:

2 Likes

My son will be 3 months on the 1st & he drinks 4-6oz of formula at a time.

My son just turned 3 months. He drinks 4-5 oz at time every 3 hours. But I totally agree with they eat as much as they want!!! At this age they can’t “over eat” if they aren’t hungry they simply will stop eating or not take it

None. Alcohol is bad for babies.

I dont have a baby myself yet but have been around tons. They will eat when they want and how much they want