How much should a 3 month old be eating?

How much should a 3 month old be eating? he has been eating 4 oz and then acting hungry so I make abother 4oz and he legit finishes the whole second bottle and is wanting more 2-3 hours later.

3 Likes

My 3 month old eats 7 or 8 Oz every 4hrs and tends to sleep through the night (8 to 10hrs) after the last 8oz bottle around midnight… 1am…

1 Like

Add sweet potatoes or peas that’ll fill that sweet baby up💕

4 Likes

My 3 month old eats 5-6 oz every 3-4 hours.

1 Like

Babies are good at stopping when they’re full. Mine never got past 6oz per feeding (she’s 11 months now and will be weaning in the next couple of months). But some babies need more, and it’s okay to follow their lead. If he wants 8oz and isn’t spitting it back up or having tummy aches, then let him have 8oz.

2 Likes

My oldest at 3 months was nursing me dry on both sides (I could have almost exclusively nursed twins with my milk production!), then taking taking a 4 oz bottle that had about half teaspoon or a little more of pablum in it. And he still fed about every 3 to 3.5 hours. My daughter barely seemed to eat enough to keep a baby bird alive but was healthy. Depends on the baby

My granddaughter is 3 months old she eats 8 oz of formula every 4 to 5 hours.

1 Like

The same….but the dr was telling me that is way too much so I gave my daughter 6 oz every 2-3 hours

If he’s still hungry feed him

1 Like

That’s normal. Your baby knows when it’s hungry n when it’s not.

I’d up the bottle then to about 6-8 Oz

1 Like