How much should a newborn be eating?

I would get her bilirubin levels checked just to make sure she isn’t developing jaundice since she’s so little. If she’s peeing pooping and acting like herself, shouldn’t be much to worry about but maybe just get her checked to be sure? Might give you some piece of mind to know

My mums just said that it’s about normal

This is their stomach size as they grow the first month. And every 2-3 hours is typical. Also as long as their gaining weight the dr won’t have any concerns.

Every baby is different. My daughter is 2 weeks old and every 2-3 hours eat anywhere from 1 - 3 oz of formula. With no spit ups. Doc says it’s fine. I know other babies only eat an oz every few hours. I’d talk to the pediatrician.

My 2 week old is drinking 3.5-4 oz every 3 hours or so. Every baby is different but 1oz doesn’t seem too bad for that young

And your asking Facebook

Call your.pediatrician

That’s about normal, all babies are different

It normal try burping after each half ounce and baby will drink more

Every 3 hours is normal and offering one to two onces at a time

My baby is a week old , she drinks 2-3 oz every 2/2.5 hours

We just had our second week checkup because our newborn was not gaining weight so I started supplementing to help her. Second week checkup she has gained well past what her birth weight was. I was told by three pediatricians and ob 1 to 2 ounces every 2 to 3 hours. No longer than 4. If she is gaining weight and doing well after the second week let her wake us up as long as it’s not 6 plus hours. We followed what they said and she has really started packing on the weight. They only eat a little at a time and so often because their stomachs are so tiny.

My doctor said feed them whenever they are hungry. So if they are only eating a little then they may not be hungry. But if you are concerned then I would talk to the doctor to be on the safe side.

She is going to be fine and so are you she will eat more as she gets older and a lot of other stuff to!!! LoL :joy: xoxoxo :heart: