How much should I charge for babysitting?

Okay I am so having trouble coming to a decision about childcare costs for a non registered provider. It’s my neighbor/friend. She doesn’t do this for a living. She just stays at home, mom, so just making extra cash. Hours will be from 4 to 8 a day. Before, we did a week rate, but hours were firm. It’s a three-year-old and soon to be two year old. Anyone got any advice about hourly or maybe weekly rate.

7 Likes

10 $10 an hour is good

I would come up with a budget of what you can afford, and then show it to your neighbor and ask her if that is an amount that she would be willing to accept.

We do a daily rate. Currently $25 a day for one kid and $35 for two

I pay $13/hr for care for my 2.5yo and 4.5yo.

I did $20 a day for over 4 hours. $10 a day if under 4 hours. Extra $2 added for extra child.

1 Like

Average is 20/25$ a day

Day care would be at least 200 a week

2 Likes

Average is 15-20 per day per child. I would pay her $30 a day especially if she’s feeding them dinner.

1 Like

I did $25 a day since my daughter was a baby till now, shes 3…i always brought diapers, wipes, milk, food, snacks, extra toys, anything to make it easier on them…cause if u think about it, that isn’t much per day…she would go from 6am till 4pm

I pay $30/day for my 8yr old. She also provides food.

I’d say a set rate of 30 a day

I charged 20 a day for 1 child. Occasionally i would get a 4 year old brother off the bus and keep him too but never charged any extra

I pay 30$ a day for my 3 and 4 yr olds

Child care pt here is $65 weekly for 1 child 2 years old.

1 Like

Can’t tell you a fair cost without a location. In Sydney Australia I pay $115 a day here before the rebate for a 2 year old.

2 Likes

In my neighborhood my neighbour babysat my 7 year old daughter this summer. We paid her $35 a day with receipts. We live in Ontario, Canada.

1 Like

If you google it it’ll tell you the wage for a babysitter in your area. Here it is $15 an hour.

I had to pay outright because I had to have my wisdom teeth extracted. It was like 90-something for 2 kids. 5 year old and at the time, 9 Month old. Entire day.

$30 a day plus supplies maybe $40 I think is fair if you know them.

I paid my friend $100 a week for 2 days 9-4 all the food she could eat at my house. Run of the house on naps and my sister and her friend could come over And light house work All she had to do was sweep and dust as far as house work and Pick up my daughters messes

N we pay grandma $30 a day plus everything she needs minus diaper genie bags and lunch cuz my daughter is 14 months and eats what we do mostly and I bring her soy milk weekly

The centers around here are about $200-$400 depending on age and potty training so

I pay 17$ a day for my 1 year old I supply diapers wipes

At least 40 a day for 2 kids and that’s cheap

My daughter’s nursery charges £5 per hour per child? Though most babysitters around here seem to charge like £10 an hour. Always remember of they are your friend to charge mates rates, you don’t want to lose a friend over money.

What’s your time worth? She’s just a stay home mom. She’s doing your job taking care of watching out for them tending to every need. I personally if you have that attitude would tell you to get bent and go pay a daycare then.

2 Likes

In my area, in home daycares typically charge 20/day. And that’s really really cheap. I believe our babysitter charges 30/ day for 2 kids. I’m sure under 2 years old is higher. My daughter did not start there till she was 2. Thats providing lunch and afternoon snack.

Umm, that depends greatly on where you are located and she is certainly not “just” making extra cash . . . She’ll be watching an extra 1 and 3 year old in addition to her own kids :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

5-6$ per hour per child is what I would expect to pay where I’m from

In my area most people charge around $10/hour. Which is cheap compared to daycares that want $500/m

Where I’m from, it’s $25/child for 4hrs or less so $50/day in your situation. Note: that is private without receipt.

$15.00 per hour.
Daycare use to be $260.00 3 days a week for 8 hours for 2 kids.

I’d check out what other providers are charging

For 1 kid, 4 years old, full time, meals provided I paid 250 a week. The price will increase depending on number of kids and there age. When my son was a newborn it was 275 a week. If you’re planning on giving her. 1099 on daycare costs to claim on your taxes you have to pay min wage for your state.

I did 20 a day for one child. I’d see if she would take 30 a day for both and you provide food diapers wipes clothes.

Hourly is hard if you google it its like 12 to 15 or some crazy amount but thats more for like a couple hours on a Saturday night type rate. Most daycare do not charge that much an hour

I charged $20 bucks a day per kid with 1 hot meal and 3 snacks provided. anything longer than 8 hours was an extra $10 per kid… I live in rural illinois

I look after three kids i charge 1000 a child and the mother sends a lil food but not much

Really depends on location in WA the going rate an hr here is 25 + 5 -10 for every additional child if you provide meals and snacks.
For 2 children a weekly rate here is 150-200 for more than 2 days a week.

I used to babysit in my home and I charged $25-$30 a day. Would just add $10 bucks for sibling . I asked parents to help with snacks, fruit, cereal, crackers type stuff. Since it’s only 4 hours for both $30 a day seems fair.

So my daughter goes from either 5am or 6am tell 3-3:30pm. I pay $40 a day at her daycare. My son is before & after school & hes $15. The other kids that go to her start around 8-9 & end usually before my kids or around same time & their $35 a day. She provides all the meals. We are in ontario canada & its a home daycare & thats cheap. Daycare centres are insane for the hours we need!