How Much Should I Pay a Babysitter for an Overnight (34 Hours)?

I’d probably charge $125.-$150.

4 Likes

Overnight sitters in my area charge $50/night, plus $35/day… so $120 for that

2 Likes

I used to get paid $15/hr for awake time and $10/hr during sleeping hours…

$100 but you provide food and all her needs

I would charge between $150-$200

34 hours?!?! A whole lot of money that’s for sure

I pay 10$ an hour for one of my kids and sometimes my other kids get thrown in for an hour but usually not. I’m having someone do overnight for maybe a couple times not decided yet and we decided on 50$ a night which includes from 8p-6a.

I’m a grand mother and I know it’s hard to get a good sitter but I would charge one hundred fifty dollars for a week this includes food unless you want some thing special

I would never pay less than $200. Thats the whole weekend and I dont want to find a new babysitter bc I didn’t want to pay for her time.

I would say 200 if the place is still clean when you get back home 250. And make sure you have good snacks/food for her

1 Like

Remember u get what u pay for. If u pay cheap rates u get a cheap babysitter, if u pay more n babysitter feels appreciated they do more with ur kid.

$275 seems fair for overnight!!

$250 atleast bc you are assuming this 2 yr old will sleep all night wothout the parents which won’t happen.

I’d at least pay $275. That’s about $8/hr which is lower than most babysitters hourly but, it’s a long shift.

Her regular rate for wake hours and flat rate for sleeping hours 50-75

1 Like

Come on now, anyone saying $100 and less honestly are taking advantage of a person, and their time. 34 times $10 is $340 divide that by half and it’s $170 is the least you should pay this person. Unless it’s your family or close friend it technically should be more. From 6AM Saturday to 4PM Sunday. That’s her whole weekend. Come on now and if you don’t want to pay that, then don’t use her!

6 Likes

This is the reason most Moms need to stay home with their children, too expensive. Find a good friend and swap an overnight for an overnight with her…yes children are work but for goodness sake its a child ya feed, play, snuggle and care for. It is not a hard job nor is it physically exhausting unless your child has developmental disabilities.

14 Likes

Does she do child care for a living or is this just someone that helps you out occasionally? If she is licensed, first aid trained and CPR certified, I would say $275-$300 for a flat rate. Otherwise speak to her and see what she’s willing to take.

5 Likes

What is more important in life than the safety and well-being of your child?! Some of y’all act like sitters aren’t worth anything, but they sure are worth it when they prevent choking or administer the heimlich, they sure are worth it when they properly handle your child’s first seizure, they sure are worth it when they save your kid from running into traffic, they sure are worth it when they prevent a drowning. Providing child care can mean the difference in life or death. Your child’s care should be more important than what kind of car you drive or shoes you wear, get your priorities straight!

1 Like

My friend has a 2 year old son & he’s a lot of work. He gets Into everything & never sits down. Also, with mom not being him I’m sure he won’t be sleeping anywhere close to 8pm. If this is a teenager in high school than I might say 250 but If this babysitter is over 18 & cpr/first aid certified I would pay her the 340.

2 Likes

Everyone is going to see this different but if it’s a special thing and doesn’t happen often , plus it’s your kid your talking about . Also depends on how good the sitter is ( I’m assuming awesome if you’ll have them study that long with your kid) I would totally pay 250-300 plus make sure plenty of food is in the house.

1 Like

Holy crap…i wanna babysit some of your peoples kids…$10? Seriously. I’ll do it for Alot less then that…thats crazy. I’d say $100 is plenty…plus food. Certified daycare providers don’t even get $10 hr. Per kids.

3 Likes

I’ve done a couple overnights in the past and it was $75 for two kids but wasn’t anywhere near the same amount of hours. (5pm-noon) I would prob charge around $150. I didn’t charge for the hours sleeping either.

I always overpaid my babysitters they are taking care of the most precious thing in the world! Plus they always wanted to babysit for me and did an amazing job. Good luck but don’t skimp on babysitters.

8 Likes

I would work outside of the home than baby sit for a living. It is hard, stressful work and confining to the home and children all day get on my nerves. Just my feelings. You couldn’t pay me enough to do it every day. I love kids, but I have my limits.

1 Like

Crazy that they get $10 an hour when minimum wage is lower. So many adults only getting minimum wage working a full time job. Setting our kids up for high expectations for their future. $50 should be plenty

3 Likes

I remember when I did a overnight baby sitting job and got paid 5 dollars! I even did the dishes when the little one went to bed and put toys away. In those days you just accepted it and went on.

2 Likes

Have to laugh my neighbors had 5 kids. I made dinner, did dishes , bathed kids, and cleaned up the house. Usually they got home around 3 am. All for the price of 35 or 40 cents a hour. That was the going rate. Was glad when I was old enough to get a rea summer job !!!

I just want to know the end result. I think 340 is absolutely crazy! I have two kids, and love them more than anything. But that would be 1/2 of my weekly take home, and I work full time at night. A teenager taking a day and 1/2 of their week is valued at half of a full week. My sitter charges 5$/hr per kid. My kids go for an afternoon and it’s 10$ an hour. I guess I’m a crazy person and should start my own childcare business!!

This is why it’s so hard to find care, everyone thinks they should get top pay for doing very little work, but guess that’s the whole world anymore. I think $200 would be fare, your not asking her to do 34 hours worth of cleaning. I know as a mom myself you can’t pay a sitter more than your making either 🤷

If she is good sitter pay340 for 34hrs. I would want the best for my baby.Make sure there is food.

2 Likes

I’d say drop it to $8 an HR since it’s over night that’s about $275 if she agreed on a flat rate that would be fair.

1 Like

I had to do alot over night babysitting and 250 is to much. 150 is fine. Even I didnt get paid that much. I would have gotten like 30 to 60 bucks forit. Which I did.

2 Likes

I think no less than $340 for 34 hours at ten. Just because a child is asleep doesn’t mean she is less responsible for her. She might not get used to sleeping in knowing you’re not home, she might wake up in the middle of the night, she might not. But you don’t expect things, you prepare and pay for what might happen, not hope it doesn’t happen so it can hopefully be less. Taking care of a child overnight is a huge responsibility. If she’s a good babysitter, she might even sleep very light close to her to make sure she is ok. But no less than that is fair.

7 Likes

Is she expected to do house work too? Other than cleaning up after themselves. Is she expected to dust, mop. Take out the garbage? The more you require her to do, the more you need to pay. You should discuss this with her and come up with an amount that is fair for both ppl.

Funny how people will pay more to board their pets

1 Like

Find a grand mother type person. I’m 50+ and do Some over nights or even weekends and I only charge 70.00 parents furnish kids food and snack. I’m cpr trained. Infant an adult.

When our daughters were in school together we paid $300 for a week. People don’t even make $10 an hour. That’s crazy. And I know sitters/nannies who charge per day not by hour. But most people who have nannies can afford them. A sitter is someone who simply watches the child every once in a while. So $10 for 34 hours is a lot. I’d say $175

Still it’s overnight that’s a long time to be sitting she still deserves to be paid wether the kid is sleeping or not. I’d say at least 250

No matter how long your kid is sleeping she is still responsible for your child.

You should still pay her for when the child is asleep 340 is fair

2 Likes

Daycare charges 3 dollars an hour depending on the child’s age… 10 dollars an hour is only acceptable for an evening out…

Dude. $10 an hour for one kid is absolutely crazy!!! That is absurd. And to say that “just because she is sleeping, she isn’t working”…hahahaha, try saying that to a normal employer…”just cause I fell asleep, I was working”. I get it to an extent, but come on… if you seriously believe you are worth being paid that much babysitting a child than you are either self-entitled or need to have a few kids of your own!!

4 Likes

I’d pay her a flat rate for the awake hours, say with her meals and the play time she will be on the phone and half as watching them $150 is fair.

If I was the babysitter I’d be ok with $2-5 an hour for the sleeping hours maybe… is your sitter staying up all night or sleeping too? Your house or hers? I guess I’d ask the sitter what she feels good about.

I’m a professional Nanny, $200 is a fair amount.

Is this every weekend? 340 is ridiculous for 1 time of babysitting. Flat rate for the month sure but for 1 overnight LMFAO!

As she feeding 5 meals and possibly doing bath time. I would say 300 is adequate

What difference is it that your child will be sleeping? What you are paying for is peace of mind.

When I had my nieces and nephews I never charge my sister or brother

Depends on where you live… and avg cost of living

I would say 40 45. Sleeping are not. She still watching you’d child

What is your child’s safety worth???

Gee guys I get paid $20 a day to care for foster children. Flat rate

$10.00. an hour is reasonable.

Shes on call for you for 34hrs and dont u think yr daughter not worth it. But am sure youil do agreement. Remember that your daughter Priceless . :tipping_hand_woman::angel:

Dam either I’m WAAAAY old (48) or just cheap. I’m in the wrong business… I watched a little baby from around 6-8wks old til he was a yr+ … Full time and 1-2 Saturdays a month… I charged ONLY 400.00 A MONTH. 10$ AN HOUR!!! Holy crap! Why??? (That’s rhetorical) I should quit my job and babysit 3 kids for 10/HR that’s 120hrs for a total of 1200 a week… Lol…(I couldn’t EVER charge that much that’s horrible to the working moms and family’s just trying to get by)

1 Like

10 for the hours dhes awake and 5 when shes suppose to be asleep

I would say $200 is fair

Maybe do 10.00 awake…and 5.00 when its bed time.

$10an hour under the table seems excessive… I could understand if the sitter is claiming the earnings as income… that would be fair, but if not… I would say about 1/2 of that… $10 an hour here and there for a few hours at a time seems reasonable, even under the table, but not for overnight.

I be done that before and I would say 150.00 the little one will be asleep some. I use to baby set around the clock for many kids. It’s not that bad.

Just ask her what she expects to be paid

34 hours is almost a 40 hour work week asleep or not your counting on the sitter to respond to your child’s needs an safety.
Stuff happens in the middle of the night. She dosen’t get to leave the house after the child goes to sleep she’s there.
contact a daycare and find out how much a week cost ., and work it out from there.

I hate these made up questions

At least 250 over night

It’s 2 full days! $340.00, period.

Maybe I need to start watching kids. When my kids were little daycare wasnt that much. My son is 28, daughter is 21. One teenager wanted $10 an hour one summer when my son was 2. I didnt even make $10 an hour so that was a no go.

I can’t believe that some of you are saying you would pay more because you want the best care for your child. So you think just because you are paying more money you are gonna get the best care? If you have that kind of babysitter that provides care based on the amount of pay, I would be finding a new sitter. I think anything over 200 is outrageous. I wouldn’t pay anything more than what your local daycare charges for a week.

3 Likes

My daughter gets paid $150 for a weekend (3days) for just feeding and taking the neighbors dogs out. I would think that caring for a child would be much more.

1 Like

I do think it also depends on the sitter - experience, qualifications, how invested she is in the kids- some sitters are very good and will actually do what you ask them to do, others will sit on their phone and do the bare minimum. I would say 3oo is a fair rate, maybe a little more if the sitter goes above and beyond to keep the house clean, etc.

I just want to know the end result. I think 340 is absolutely crazy! I have two kids, and love them more than anything. But that would be 1/2 of my weekly take home, and I work full time at night. A teenager taking a day and 1/2 of their week… such a huge sum of money. In my world at least!

For a special needs child 24 hr overnight respite service is $250.

I keep children and charge 100.00 for an overnight