How much should I pay a sitter?

I charge 30 per kid per day, and that’s the cheap end here. :woman_shrugging:

I think it really depends on how much you make an hour. You can’t pay someone $10/hour if that’s all you make.
Even if your babysitter is sleeping most of that time, that’s time that she must remain in your home or be available for your child’s needs. So I wouldn’t look at it like that. That’s still 13 hours where she’s responsible for your child.
Instead, see if y’all can agree on a set amount per day.
For example, I looked into how much it cost at the daycare for our children and since no one would do a pay by day or part time fee, I pay my babysitter the amount it would cost per day, per child if they were in daycare.
So $60/day (8-10 hour shift)
I also provide food, snacks and drinks for sitter and children and money for activities or things she does with my kids when I have to work.
She also lives next door so she doesn’t have to worry about gas.
2 of my children are going to school this year so only one will be home and I will continue to pay the same amount, as that’s what she’s used to and works for us.
I still come out cheaper than daycare, since I’d have to pay for full time even though it’s only 3 days a week

4 Likes

Look at this :sob: Stay at Home Moms :fire:

1 Like

$15/hr when kid is awake, $10/hr when kid is asleep.

Minimum or a little less. It depends on your own income of course. It also depends if you get a teen or a young adult. Someone who needs a little extra on the side. Is this daily or weekends. There’s a lotto consider and if this is Their sole income for their household. I would pay more of course. In their home or yours. So many questions. This would mean an interview and discussion with the person applying.

I personally wouldn’t expect more than $40 bucks for keeping a child overnight. If it’s a 5 day a week thing, I’d be okay with maybe $100 a week or even just whatever the mom can afford. But for me, I’d just be helping another mom out because I know how hard it is to come up with money for childcare (especially the money some of the comments are suggesting) on top of other bills. Just talk to the sitter about what you can afford and what she expects to be paid and see what y’all come up with.

2 Likes

I’d say no less than $100

Doesn’t matter what her sleeping schedule is really. Because she’s still working by being there whether your kid wakes her up for something or not. Just throwing that out there as a nanny

7 Likes

I say $25-30 a night since she’ll be asleep and it’s not like she’s a newborn or toddler who needs extra care. Don’t @ me, this is my opinion.

6 Likes

It depends on location and experience of the person just because ur child is sleeping don’t mean the babysitter isn’t at ur house watching ur home and ur child while ur at work

1 Like

I think it depends on where you live and your hourly pay and states min wage. My states min wage is still $7.25 an hour. So while some people are saying 10 to 15 an hour, you can’t go off what others say based on your own pay. Talk to the sitter and see what the sitter is expecting. I pay $100 a week. For 2 kids 16 hours a week they are watched. And that’s still on the low end for me. This is what was asked for by them.

2 Likes

I pay $85 per day at daycare and that’s 6:30am-5pm.
So I’d imagine overnight should be AT LEAST $100-120.

3 Likes

Minimum wage in California is $15 an hour so wherever your from I’d go by their wage probably.

Is it on the weekends, is she getting her ready for school? How many nights per week. All this would matter. She would be feeding her breakfast. What is her sleeping schedule? Does she get up in the middle night? I would say starting $30 a night. But again, depends on all the unanswered questionable

2 Likes

The most precious thing in the world to you and you’re going to be cheap paying for someone to take care of it? Wow.

7 Likes

She’s 7 so she probably sleeps through the night and that age doesn’t require changing and they can feed themselves and clean up their own toys etc. I’d pay at least min wage for your state. Don’t pay more than you make because that would defeat the purpose of even going to work. I charge a flat rate over night depending on age. Days are 15 a day plus extra for anything more than 8 hours.

1 Like

You get what you pay for…Remember that life lesson.

4 Likes

If it’s a teen then like 60 bucks [based on lack of experience]. An adult nanny with experience 75+.

I’d pay $75 -$100. Even though they’ll both be sleeping over night, the babysitter is still “working”, because she’s not free to come and go as she pleases. It’s a job. Taking care of the most valuable thing in your life.

8 Likes

I thought the babysitter chose the price

1 Like

At least $50, that’s a lot of hours even if the kids sleeping

1 Like

I would ask the babysitter what her pricing is and if she doesn’t have one then negotiate a reasonable amount.

1 Like

I got paid like $50 for this back in the day but honestly I wouldn’t pay to much all there doing is watching them sleep.

3 Likes

More if it’s a one-time thing. I’d never pay someone hundreds of dollars a day to watch my kids while I work. But for one night, I’d say $100 would be generous. If the kid’s asleep, the sitter would be practically getting paid to sit there and watch movies, hang out, sleep, etc. Way different than caring for a child during the day~

1 Like

I say $150 and you supply food!! Babysitting is not always easy!!

6 Likes

Sleeping or not you still pay them for watching the kid. :woman_shrugging:t3: if it’s a big be time thing minimum I’d say $120.

I always thought the babysitter is the one that picks payment price. Usually before watching anyone.

13 Likes

I would pay them around 7 dollars an hour or 8

5 Likes

So over night normally is 100 minimum. 

1 Like

Pay her well. Her time is valuable whethers she’s asleep or not.

11 Likes

I use to babysit a 2 yr old while his parents would have a night out. It was from 7 pm to about 3 am. This was like 17 years ago and they would pay me about 10 an HR. He was asleep by 9. So I only physically watched him for 2 hrs but I wouldn’t sleep because I had to make sure I was alert at all times while he slept.

I would say minimum $60 a day

$1 over minimum wage during wake hours and half of that during sleep hrs per child.

3 Likes

130$ that’s 10$ an hour and shows respect of there time!

8 Likes

She is still responsible for your child whether she is awake or asleep.

2 Likes

To all those folks saying $60 bucks… that works out to less than $5 an hour to be responsible for your child in your home. All I can say is you’ll get what you pay for. At the very least minimum wage in the city you live.

2 Likes

This is why people can’t afford sitters. Moms out there making 10$ an hour and the sitter is wanting 11 an hour. It’s not even worth our time to work

2 Likes

I’m gonna be the odd one out and say $50. I mean, depends on the age of the sitter too. But if they’re young enough they’re likely asleep most of the time too lol

Ok, so I work in childcare and our rule of thumb is… we don’t charge any less than we make an hour at our job. Now, the way gas is… that has to be factored in once we see where you live in relation to our home. Sleeping or not… once you walk out that door, we are responsible for your child/children until you walk back in those doors! When you’re home overnight with your kids do you put an off duty sign up or when they’re thirsty do you say nope… not getting paid right now, wait till I go back on the click! No you don’t so why would you expect us too. When you start messing with people’s money you may not like some things. You ever heard “you get what you pay for?”

2 Likes

I like all these people saying $60 max for 13 hrs, go cheap on the person watching your kid and see how well they actually watch your kid. If I’m paying someone to watch my kid I’m gonna pay them good.

4 Likes

I need to become a babysitter after reading these comments! I’d say $50 a night or a flat rate instead of hourly

2 Likes

I pay my oldest 25$ a day to watch my youngest. If he cleans the house or does extra other than keeping my youngest kids safe and Alive, I pay him more.

4 Likes

Doesnt matter if shes sleeping. Shes still has the responsibility of your child. I would pay $100…at least

2 Likes

Sleeping or not she’s still looking after the welfare of your child :roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

I go with whatever the sitter says is their rate, I pay it. It’s really not up to the client to dictate what the provider can/should charge for their services.

Depends on your area. I was turned to a local nanny/baby sitter group. I had sitters message me hourly rates between $10-17 an hr for a 12yo

1 Like

Between $75-$100 a night.

2 Likes

Overnight in the uk is £8.49…around $10 …per hour. Obviously its more if they are sitting a child with special needs and depends if the sitter is qualified and over 18yo.

1 Like

I’d offer a $50 flat rate for a situation like that. very little care needed as the child would be sleeping 90 percent of that time. The sitter would be free to watch tv, be on social media, do school work if in school or college, ect.

4 Likes

There’s always the chance of a rough night requiring babysitter to stay up for hours or even all night. Plan for that in your pricing.

4 Likes

My opinion seems to be unpopular but I’m going to say $50. At least that’s all I would expect from someone for an overnight. It’s easy money getting paid to sleep

2 Likes

You’re looking for a babysitter to devote 13 hours to you, pay them fie 13 hours.

9 Likes

That would be a full time position so you would need to pay them since they probably wouldn’t be able to get another job. I would say at least 75 a night

1 Like

for that i would charge $12 an hour

I charged Hourly when I was a nanny so depending where you live it’s between $10-20 hr

4 Likes

What are responsibilities as a parent when there sleeping ? Consider this when paying a sitter to take over these responsibilities

2 Likes

If it’s a full time job then I would pay $400 a week.
If it’s part time and they work another job I saw $100-$125 a week
If it’s for one night I say $50

2 Likes

It really doesn’t depend on anything other than the amount of hours that the babysitter is there …. We’re talking about 13 hours here 9 PM to 10 AM of making sure your child is breathing making sure there’s no fire making sure nobody’s coming into the house, That’s a child’s not walking out the door. A lot of people on this post are crazy and ungrateful… At $10 an hour that’s at least $130 when I was babysitting 20 years ago I was getting at least 15 an hour. You’re talking about a kid here most precious thing in the world, Who might wake up looking for mom and you’re worried about how much you’re going to pay the person who’s going to comfort that child protect the child hold that child and hopefully treat that child like you would if not better… gtfoh … No less than $130 and that’s being a Cheapskate. 

12 Likes

Is it a reoccurring Job? Several times a week?

I agree with at least $130 or $10/hr.

2 Likes

If it’s 3-4 or more times a week, you may be able to pay less.

Definitely come up with the amount and agree on it before she starts.

2 Likes

Depends also on how much sitter does while there. If she goes above and beyond for you and stuff like that.

When I had to stay over night u charged 150.00 a night equally about 12.50 a hour

1 Like

Not just sleeping but someone there if your kid wakes up during the night and needs something.

2 Likes

Since she will be sleeping from 9:30-7am then don’t pay her those hours or cut her pay those hours. And if your kids have an emergency during those house don’t expect her to help because you know, it’s unpaid sleep time :woman_facepalming:t2: watch your own damn kids.

Depends on a few factors.
They’re still there keeping your child safe and monitoring everything, so a decent pay.

However there doesn’t need to be an arm and a leg pay because they’re not worrying about clothing, feeding, bathing, playing/entertaining, and ensuring they’re safe at all hours.

If the child sleeps through the night from the time they go to bed until the hour they usually rise, they’re an easier kiddo. If the child wakes often and/or is difficult to keep asleep, they deserve more pay (this is very hard to deal with lol).

If they’re mostly just gonna be having a nice night relaxing or enjoying themselves and getting paid, I wouldn’t do much.

You’ll have to discuss it with the other party and come to an agreement. This is difficult lol.

4 Likes

Make sure to come to an agreement that she is happy with. The last thing you want is an unhappy person providing care for your child, which is the most important thing in your life.

5 Likes

20 an hour even when she’s asleep she still has the full responsibility of your child regardless and deserves to be compensated

9 Likes

A few things to think about. Is it a one time thing or on going? Does she sleep through the night? Wet the bed? Maybe $100.

2 Likes

Me personally as a babysitter I dont charge a lot because I know times are tough so I charge $30 to $40 a day

5 Likes

I pay a caregiver for my sister 7$ an hour for overnight.

1 Like

I always heard $5 an hour per kid. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Where? Your house or hers? Less at her house because she can do personal chores and more while . See my point?

1 Like

Some of these prices are outrageous I understand the sitter will be responsible for the child but…. There’s really not enough information here like is the mom only making min wage or exactly what can she afford me personally I would only charge maybe 25-30 a night

4 Likes

I’m a nanny. $10/hr MINIMUM. Overnights are just something you pay for even if your kid & the sitter is sleeping.

5 Likes

For a sleep in night shift i only got just over £100

Honestly I’d say whatever your minimum wage is for the state x the hours. So for instance my minimum wage is currently 7.25x13. So I’d make $95. Which is acceptable

I babysit m-f I charge $35 a day

2 Likes

i say $13 an hour at least

The rate is $10-$15/hour where we live. Sleeping or not they are still there. No one sleeps well in a strange place

9 Likes

I’d say $700. For a week, flat rate.

3 Likes

I’m just here to show my appreciations to the woman who took me out from zero to hero. i’m so glad to be among your winning team mate and i will always show my gratitude and work with you always. Thank you so much Mrs Angelina
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I want to appreciate you by sharing the good news to the world I made it out for the very first time with Mrs Angelina Wilson

:point_down::point_down:

With your help through Forex & Crypto trading I have been able to clear my Credit card debts and I know many out there want to see this type of opportunity please help more people to succeed financially
:point_right: Redirecting...

I’m so much happy beacause now I can at least afford to pay my bills and take good care of my family. All thanks to you ma’am
Redirecting...

thank God almighty who opened my eyes to come across your platform, now I’m debt free, I’m now a home owner thanks for helping me Maam
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

I invested in crypto with Angelina Wilson and her trading platform has the best trading strategies. I’m earning good profits 5 days . you can try his platform and testify too​:point_right::point_right::point_right:Redirecting...

Life became so easy when I started investing with her, Thanks to those who recommended her testimony how they got paid from your company I tried and am doing the same Redirecting...

I was down financially at a point a post introduced me to a crypto currency trader and my life took a better turn, proudly recommended you to

just received another profit ma’am Angelina Wilson your honesty and genuineness has made trading easy for me, I’m forever grateful. Contact her if interested

I use to do nights for 3 kids. 5,7,9 7pm-9am and I got 50$ a night

I’ve been seeing several post everywhere about Mrs Angelina and a lot of investors keep saying reach out to her , I eventually did and it turns out to be true and legit, nice working with you ma’am

I know moderators work really hard to keep comments relevant, lately so many nonsense, unrelated post😱

1 Like

I love you Amanda you just say it the way it is.