How much sould I pay a babysitter?

I pay $20/hour for my 2 kids for our date night sitter. I think it depends where you are though. I also use a 13 year old girl across the street sometimes when my kids are already asleep because she doesn’t have a lot of experience and pay her $10/hour since the kids are sleeping and she’s just sitting here watching tv.

I pay $25 an hour for my 3 month old daughter and my 19 month old son

Here they charge $120-$140 a week for infants and $100-$120 for ages 2-5 for 5 days a week… around $50-$60 a day if part time.

I’m in Myrtle beach area and daycare is $150 per week. Which equals out to $30 per day per child.
When I have the baby sitter watch my 2 year old I do the same, $30 for the day.
For everyone saying “how are they supposed to make a living doing that?” they’re not. Unless you’re a private nanny with many years of experience you shouldn’t be charging $15-20 per hour to watch one child during daytime working hours.

5 Likes

When my daughter took CPR FIRST AID BABYSITTING CLASS they told her with this certification she should request $10-$15/hr .

1 Like

I keep my grandkids & don’t charge the parents; however, I do expect them to furnish food, drinks, & snacks!!

5 Likes

For one child for 8 hours i charged 25 bucks because the money essentially paid for lunch or their time at the pool or something we were doing that day or covered the gas and milage to take the kids to dance or whatever other practices the child went to

3 Likes

I’m in MA and I have a 3 and 4 year old (both boys) and $15/hour is typically the going rate. My younger sister babysits a lot for families and she only charges only $13/hour but that’s a little on the low side. I don’t use new sitters often but the couple that I did, I’d sometimes offer a couple dollars more a hour depending on their credentials because my youngest is asthmatic so if she’s already familiar with what to do, how to do it, how to handle it, etc. if he has an asthma attack then that’s huge for me.

1 Like

Min wage is $20 a hr here so $20 a hour!

2 Likes

She asked about babysitter not daycare. We pay about 5-10$ an hour for an infant and 4yo. Sometimes more depending on what we do and how far away and long we are gone.

2 Likes

I charge one flat rate 20 a day plus food or 40 a day if I provide food! I don’t feel the need to rape parents of there money… some parents litterly work to pay child care! What’s the point of working then?

No wonder people can’t survive ffs

10 Likes

My daughter makes
$10/hour
$70/full day
$140 overnights

$1500 a month for 2 kids.

3 Likes

I would say minimum wage !

4 Likes

I pay 30 a day for my 2 which ends up being 150 a week.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How much sould I pay a babysitter? - Mamas Uncut

Around me it’s 15$ a hour for up to 8 hrs and 5$ a hr for each after per kid. But that’s for someone with a certification.
And they only provide basic care and emergency care if necessary

3 Likes

Where do you live? It’s all relative.
You usually get what you pay for…

I charge $25/day. Each additional kid will cost a little more. That young I would likely charge a flat rate of $40, but if the additional kids are like 5 or older Id only charge like $30.

2 Likes

I pay my babysitter $10 an hour for 3yr old twins quarantee her $60 each time she watches them. Finding a sitter for twins is difficult :joy:

2 Likes

10.00 a hour for 2 and 5.00 a hour extra if parent is more than a hour late picking them , if it’s for parent to go out parting 50.00 from 8pm-8am in advance and don’t show up at my door after drinking wanting your child for that’s a big NO go home sleep it off then come get them when you wake up .

4 Likes

I charge $3 an hour per kid

6 Likes

I personally would charge you $35/day. Night? Depends on how many hours. It would be less though because they’ll both most likely be sleeping the whole time. Probably $20-$25/ night for both.

1 Like

I pay $10/hr for 2 kids ages 3 and 5

I get paid $15 a hour for a child and add $5 per additional child

1 Like

$15 an hour in my area

I charge a flat rate of $25 a day per child.

1 Like

My sitter charges $15 a day & any kid over 5, $10 a day. Best prices around here!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How much sould I pay a babysitter? - Mamas Uncut

I pay mine 20 a day but usually its onlt for an hour. Sometimes a little more

1 Like

1 Like

Totally depends where you are. I’m in a larger city in Alabama and pay $15/hr for three kids. $100 per night from 8-6 (while everyone is asleep), then regular hourly rate

4 Likes

Most licensed daycare will accept government vouchers that cover all or part of your fee. And while they do have overhead, regular inspections, trained staff, etc…the quality of care is still very spotty. I’d go to an online group based in your community and ask for references. You are sure to get some recommendations for family. We only charge 125 a week per child, and since most of them are with us ten hours per day, it only comes out to 2.50 per hour. But we have more than one child, so it still comes out to 15 dollars per hour, and you can’t make that in a center around here that I know of.

8 Likes

Everyone on here complaining about how $15 or more an hour is absolutely ridiculous… How about you stop judging how much babysitters make and actually look at the real problem. The real problem is that you’re clearly not getting paid enough at your own job. Stop trying to bring other people and their value down just because you don’t make a fair wage at your own job. That’s what’s wrong with America, not babysitters charging $15 an hour

19 Likes

Yall are mistaking babysitting with child care. Babysitting is for an hour or two. Child care is for more then few hours. If i want my child learn and thrive and develop im gonna hire someone who will teach things. Light chores,learning,reading, taken places. But i get thats gonna cost more then $5 an hour…
If im paying a childcare giver minium money,they’re gonna do the minimum with the child… So you want $15 dollar an hour childcare you gotta pay up!

34 Likes

It would depend on a number of things. Location (of both yourself and the sitter and travel between, etc.), qualifications and experience, how “needy” the children are (some children are more independent and therefore need less “care” and more “supervision”), what is required of the babysitter - are the children already in bed asleep and they just need to be there, do they need to feed, dress, bathe, etc.

6 Likes

In Australia, you’d pay about $50/ hr where I am, and that’s good… working with kid check, first aid for the sitter. If they have someone else’s child/ children, for the day it would be about $200, 9am-5pm… there might be cheaper, but that would be a no quals sitter

2 Likes

I have always say down with the families I sat for and discussed what would be needed and expected as well as what they could afford and we would bargain and negotiate. Some families need more out of a sitter such as meal prep, transportation to school/activities. If I was providing food and transportation it was more then if I was just watching the child in my home or theirs. Night time sitting was usually cheaper because the children are in bed most of it.

10 Likes

Childcare is a responsibility and the pay should be good. In the 60’s I paid $100 a week for 2 pre-school girls. That was 8am-3pm 5days and that included good lunches. That was half of my net pay. I never thought that was too much as childcare is one of the hardest jobs.

4 Likes

Where I’m at, most are going for $15-25 an hr. I think that’s fair bc daycare is costing you 800-900 a week.

10 Likes

When I did awhile back I charged $20-$30 an hour

9 Likes

I babysit two kids (and on occasion one out of the two). But for both kids I charge $25/hr, for one $18/hr.

90% of the time it’s literally just watching them to make sure they don’t die. Their parents pack the snacks and we head out for the day while they work from home…

To be fair I also have education and experience caring for children. :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

Charge 15$ an hour I have 25+ years of preschool 0-6 year old teacher and aid experience . 2$ each extra child I do not do laundry or cleaning only the mess I make with the children. But I run my sitting like a day at camp so they are packed with fun !

2 Likes

damn, I was babysitting for neighbors at 8 years old and made a whole fifty cents an hour

12 Likes

I always paid $50 cash for an 8 hour shift for 2 kids

2 Likes

At the very least $10 per hour, per child. Probably a little more since there’s a four month old.

Totally depends on your country.
I wouldn’t babysit for less than $20/hr and that’s the minimum

7 Likes

I’ve stayed home with my kids for years as a stay at home mom. I was blessed with that opportunity. I’m now seeking employment and will be sending my kids to a sitter. I’ve been fortunate enough to have someone I know keep them. I have three kids, 9-2-5 months. I’m charged $30 a day. That’s for 1 hour or 24 hours. I know that if I was to get some one else, it would be a whole lot more.

4 Likes

In 1966 I babysat two kids, 2 and 4 for $10 a week…times were tough all the way around…

14 Likes

I’ve lived a long time but at a too young age was entrusted with precious children of your age. I wonder if I would have known how to handle an emergency? This of course will lessen asn the children age.

Really depends on their experience. For example, I began charging around $25/hr for one kiddo and $30 for 2 when I had like 4 years in child care and 1 year child care management. If they’re a teen babysitter and don’t have much experience I’d say maybe $15/hr

9 Likes

Why are so many people complaining about reasonable rates? $15-20 per hour for a person who you can trust seems fair to me. You’re only paying someone to ensure the safety and well-being of your CHILD.

14 Likes

It’s depends where you live. Google the average pay in your area.

1 Like

I used to get $2 per hour (if that) back in the 1990s. Has the wage really gone up that much?

5 Likes

That’s why it doesn’t pay to work unless you are a celebrity or rich …

8 Likes

I’m in Indiana n I charge $3/hr. Per child, day or night. Most jobs in my area only pay between $10-20/hr. Here. But Im Thinking of raising my rate or get a $20/hr. Job n not watching 6 kids to make that an hr

3 Likes

In 2014 I worked at a center and the parents were paying 1200 a month for infant care. This is in Maryland. In 2018 I was quoted $895 a week for 4 kids

1 Like

I need to move to a different city. When I babysit I get $4-$5 an hour and sometimes the parents don’t like that. Wow.

There is financial help and income tax deductions for today’s parents. There was no financial help or tax deductions in the 60’s.

2 Likes

I was paid at times up to $200 a night

2 Likes

When I worked at a preschool, I charged 15 to 20 an hour. This was only 4 to 8 years ago.

Where I live most ppl charge $20ph

2 Likes

Elizabeth Johnson, several times I helped people out and watched their kids. My normal rate was $10day. Yet when I watched 3 kids and asked for $20 day their day said I was robbing him blind!!

1 Like

I’d pay my teen sister $50 for a night

2 Likes

Gees I got 25 cents hr plus the house was a pig sty an tons of dirty dishes

1 Like

Is the 2 1/2 year old potty trained?

1 Like

I pay 10 an hour for 1 child.

Hahahaha. I made 25 cents when I first started at 12! Then 50 cents soon after! Imagine I Made a buck for 4 hours!!!

1 Like

I used to charge $5 per child per hour.

I used to give $10/hr, years ago.

1 Like

Late 80s, early 90s, I was getting $5/hr per child.

Holy @#$@ I’m going to quit my job and babysit some kids!!!

3 Likes

How can a parent pay $10 or more an hour when she probably makes $15 an hour?

7 Likes

Depends on the sitter

1 Like

I need to get a babysitting job.

I got charged 70 per day for 2 kids

I’ve never babysat for less than $20 an hour, and that’s how much I pay to have someone babysit my son.

1 Like

Minimum wage in your state, per child, is the LOWEST you should go. Ever. Realistically, $15 is our minimum wage so I’d expect $20/hr.

3 Likes

I pay $3.50 an hour per kid

1 Like

I pay 20-25 hour in Washington State.

I used to charge $15/hr

I charge 20$ a day per family … No matter one kid or 4 … Most of the families I sat for couldn’t afford more than that …

4 Likes

Having a police check, working with children check, first aid certificate, Early Childhood Education and Care Qualification and many years experience as an Educator in long day care and preschools, I charge $25 -$30 per hour.

As a nanny for two small kids I would charge at least $15 an hour but usually make about $17.

I would never NEVER trust someone a stranger to take my kids out of house fr a whole day or few hours…or stay home with my kids eithout me…like what if she waits fr me to leave and then call her gang and kidnap my kids…and I dont know traffic my kids wtf…hell noooooooo I rather die a painful death

1 Like

It won’t let me post a pic here but google says (Texas) monthly $1254.00

2 Likes

$20 a day for one child and $10/$15 for each additional child

1 Like

Two and four months? Dig deeeep in your pockets lol.

I charge $40-$60 days & overnights $50-$100

alot. depends on the city. venture gets 25.00 an hour.

1 Like

2 kids all day, at least $100. And make sure you provide all meals snacks, and drinks. If it requires transporting anywhere or any extras (homework, play dates, etc) other than babysitting, it should be more.

5 Likes

20 n hr for both. 10$ each

5 Likes

Depends on how you want you kid treated!

Ugh 2 tough ages lol $20 hour minimum

1 Like

I pay 100 every Friday for 3 kids from 5 am to 6 p.m

Depends if ur 2.5 year is bad or not cuz toddlers are assholes :joy::joy::joy:and depends if the baby is calm or cries aloooooootttt, depends if u include cleaning up after baby or kid

That is high I got 50 a week for one

My sister pays me $100 a week I babysit my 3 almost 4 year old nephew and my 1 year old niece for 3 hours a day everyday besides Saturday and Sunday

For two children, depending on if it was in my home or yours. I would charge $100-150/week. Assuming 9-5 ($20-30/day)… Overnights would be $50-75/night… If 12hr shifts about $80 per shift… I am also CPR and first aid certified for child, infant, and adult