How much time is too much time talking to friends?

Hes neglecting his family for video games. That’s not okay

2 Likes

Yes ma’am he just enjoyin his free time!

1 Like

He’s their boyfriend now :joy:

6 Likes

A lot of you females who don’t play games don’t really understand that if you don’t play almost every day you fall behind the curve of players and it really makes the game less enjoyable tbh you have to grind some of those games and put in ridiculous amounts of time just to be semi decent!

7 Likes

Sounds like it could be waaayyy worse… Lmao… I mean… At least hes not running the road… Your not sick wondering where he is… Hes not out cheating and sitting on the phone texting other females… I mean, come on now… Maybe get involved? Ask if you can play too?

3 Likes

You think it’s only guys… my husband was talking to a girl on there for 2 years that I was unaware of. When he went and stayed at his parents fo a couple weeks when we were fighting I found out he drive 8 hrs away to see the girl and I divorced him over it. Before our divorce was finalized he moved 8 hrs away to live with her.

6 Likes

My husband has a headset to but it only works if it’s connected to the controller so is this man literally walking around with a headset and a controller all day

6 Likes

Seems like she’s single but hasn’t realized it yet…

7 Likes

I talk to my friends all day every day :woman_shrugging: I think its healthy to have more relationships than just your significant other

1 Like

Looks to me like your boyfriend is a little boy …. That’s stuff boys do not men !

6 Likes

very abnormal for a grown man.

4 Likes

My sons father does this EXACT same thing. Even takes the headset w him to go :poop: to talk to his friends, but won’t talk to me on the phone while he goes​:joy:

Way too much time! He should be.spending most of that time with you.

1 Like

I wish I could still do that :unamused: with our crazy toddler neither one of us have a lot of time to game lol. He games at night but I sleep at night because I’m exhausted lol does he do his part? He shouldn’t be doing that all day every day if you have kids and a household to run.

Sounds like my husband some days🙄 or just the fact that most days before work, or after work, or days off, he has a controller in his hand.

2 Likes

Sounds like my 16yr old son.

He “belongs” to his boys now… not you :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My boyfriend plays everyday for at least a couple hours but he definitely makes time for me and our kids

how old are these “men” playing video games? Maybe its just me but if a grown man spends all of his free time playing video games he’s not grown up enough to be in a real relationship.

3 Likes

Not normal when you have a family.

It sure robs you of ‘me’ time, doesn’t it?
Have a nice dinner for him - sit and visit.
Tell him you look forward to him being home every day when he comes in.
Make him want to spend time with you!
Guys need their space … it might be his way of coping with work…

Sounds like a man child ridiculously addicted to video games with the rest of his dork friends who do the same​:face_with_hand_over_mouth: I dated one of those🤦:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Are you one of those friends?

That’s a LOT! Maybe it worked when he was single, but you have to carve out some kind of time when in a relationship. I would push for a bit more of what you want, on & off.

My ex, for 21 years, used to keep the t.v. going, constantly, when at home, usually while lying in the recliner. Too much. Butt into his time, maybe, so he’ll get he’s got to make time for you.

Setting limits, time on/time off— something, may help.

Good luck!!

Can we just create a support group of women who’s s/o game? :joy:

6 Likes

Not normal. How old is he? I’d run lol!

2 Likes

Y’all are really harsh if it really bothers you communicate to your partner that you would like some of his time communication is key to a healthy relationship

4 Likes

No not normal when you have a family

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t see the problem. Both myself and my partner are gamers so I can see it from both sides. However you said he does it while cleaning and such so it’s not like he is just talking to his buddies and neglecting everything else.
Have you actually mentioned to him that it bothers you? And had a good think about why it bothers you so much?
Honestly just talk to him because he might not even know it’s bothering you.

3 Likes

Not happening at my house! I’m so thankful for my hard working hands on guy. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

My husband plays COD and COD mobile so he’s always talking to his friends and stuff. Just be sure to talk to him about quality time with YOU. There’s nothing wrong with playing a video game with your friends, as long as he’s spending time with you as well.

1 Like

Sounds like the good ole days where me and my hubby of 11yrs would do this… now with homeschooling 3 kids and working nights I dont get on much anymore. He loved gaming so I made it something I done with him here and there an now I’m more addicted to it than him haha. But now we set aside a couple nights a week we all 5 game together on xbox, switch, game boys etc.

Sounds like a teenager instead of a man he needs to grow up

10 Likes

U got a man child! That’s not normal … it’s ok but what about family time? Intimate moments? Conversation would you?

6 Likes

Eh how much to e do you spend talking to friends on the phone? Similar idea to me. My fiance games after work and talks to his friends on his headset too. The key question is if you asked him to out it away and spend time with you, would he? If yes, there’s no issue, if he can’t, there’s a problem.

1 Like

For my relationship, definitely not normal. If you don’t like it, speak :speaking_head: up :arrow_up:

2 Likes

He’s livin the dream and you are booty call–housekeeper, did I miss anything? you need to let go of the fantasy that your gonna pull him out of his “Ready Player One” lifestyle

9 Likes

My husband does the same thing…minus the cleaning. If he’s conscious and not at work or eating, he’s on the Xbox with the headset. It’s annoying as hell. However, he works his ass off and that’s the only thing he ever does other than work. I don’t think there is anything “abnormal” about it, but if it bothers you, then you need to tell him and make a suggestion of how you want to fix it.

Pick your poison him be home talking and drinking playing games or him run the streets with his friends🤷

5 Likes

Well, this sounds like me!! Lol.
I game, whenever I can. Take the kid to school, Game. Pick him up from school, Game. Before-after dinner, Game. Before bed, Game.
I mean, I’m sure it annoys my family to no ends, cause more than once it’s been commented on.
However, they are on the phones, and their playing their own games, so I turn on the PS and game … when something is needed, I stop playing to do it.
I mean, if everyone wants to put the phones down and enjoy the evening TOGETHER, then let’s do that. If yall are on the phones, or watching the tic-tok, then I’ll be gaming …
Sounds like the man here is able to multi-task, ie clean, have dinner, and goes to work, so I’m not real sure what the issues are.

4 Likes

No it’s called gaming addiction

6 Likes

What does a relationship mean to you? What do you feel the dynamics should be? Bc everyone on here is gonna have their own opinion. You need to decide what you’re willing to put up with when you’re not being made a priority in your relationship. If you’re okay with that, then nothing needs to change. If you’re not, which you must not be if you’re asking, then there needs to be communication about it & something needs to change. If nothing changes then you’re just spinning your wheels.

Just say “I’m controlling and don’t want my boyfriend to have friends” and move on.

7 Likes

Honestly that seems a little excessive to me

1 Like

Normal behavior for a teenager…

9 Likes

No its not. He can choose to make time for you or not. Question is do you like this behavior? If not you need to talk to him. And then decide.

No it’s not normal! He’s being selfish. When is he spending time talking to you or your kids. He’s acting like he’s single and you guys don’t matter.

2 Likes

Sounds like an addiction

Some thing is wrong. !!!

Sounds like my 26 year old grandson…but he holds full time job and single with no responsibilties

Wow you are dating a child.

I’m not gonna say it’s normal behavior but what I will say is at least he’s at home, he could be hanging out at his friends house right after he gets off work and on all weekends but he is at home with you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Sounds like my daughter’s 35 yr old boyfriend. Except he don’t work.

However much time it takes to piss you off and shit not getting done that needs doing.

There is no natural limit of how long people can talk. But if it’s excessive maybe it’s like an addiction

1 Like

Sounds like a boy not a man

1 Like

Sounds like my 12 year old son. But at least he’s home?

1 Like

Are you dating a 13 year old? Sounds like my teenage son :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

That sounds like he wants a girlfriend but would rather spend all his time with the boys than spend it actually talking to you instead. 🤷 I’ve got a huge pet peeve about this though and I would have left already. I’m a gamer but it comes way behind my wife, our pets and eventually our kids. It’s for spare time, not all the damn time.

Basically you don’t have a bf
U don’t exist in his life
That’s very sad that he doesn’t find anytime to connect

6 Likes

You basically don’t even have a bf your invisible
That’s so sad
Dumb him

2 Likes

so when is he talking to you? honestly that seems like way too much

3 Likes

If he’s not speaking to you really I would ask myself what the point is in living with him or being with him at all.

And the women here saying at least he’s at home with you instead of being out at friends houses…. That standard is the lowest shit I’ve ever heard. :-1:t3:

He’s immature. He’s completely obsessed with gaming and friends. I guess if that’s what you want in a man stay. If not then you know what to do. My question is did you know he was like that when you moved in with him?

3 Likes

he might as well move in with them if he has to talk to them THAT MUCH, if it was me and my bf or husband I’ll seriously suggest that he pack up his stuff and send him over there. It sounds like he doesn’t interact wit you at all or contribute to the relationship

1 Like

It is too much when it becomes an issue in your relationship. I’d talk to him about it and work together to set reasonable boundaries on what’s acceptable. What he’s doing sounds extremely excessive. Hoping you guys can work it out

1 Like

And you stay with him? You don’t have a boyfriend, you have a furniture.

6 Likes

That seems excessive. My boyfriend plays games and uses his headset to talk to his friends or brother while playing certain games. But he also does stuff with us…he helps with my son, helps with housework, doesn’t start a game is dinner is starting soon and eats with us, etc. plus he mutes it to talk to me or listen to me. he’s not always gaming and on his headset. So his gaming doesn’t bother me because he’s still present and plus I’d rather he be home gaming than out doing god knows what with god knows who like I’ve dealt with in the past.

2 Likes

Your not his mum. If that’s how he chooses to spend his time you either take it or leave it.

3 Likes

My husband does this sometimes but definitely not ALL the time that’s excessive. Tell him to have a guys night out so he can see them in person. After that tell him you need more attention.

It’s only normal if you don’t actually sit down and have a conversation with him about spending some of that time with you. Have you told him what type of attention you want? People are not mind readers and it’s nice when someone tells them exactly what it is they want instead of them just getting angry when they don’t figure it out. If you are acting like nothing wrong then he’s not going to think something is wrong.

1 Like

Idk about normal but…thats how my ex husband was. It’s childish and rude.

If it bothers you, it’s because it’s too much. It seems to me that he is quite addicted to play and talk to his friends and doesn’t spend as much time with you as he should.

I think you need to make a stand. If he doesn’t change, you need to move on. You need a man on your life, not a teenager, to take care of.

At least normal, I would say spend 1 or 2 hours playing max. He should definitely spend the weekend with you and have dinner :plate_with_cutlery: next to you every day.
You need to spend quality time together and nurture your relationship. Otherwise, with time, you will start to resent each other, and your relationship will turn into hate or heartbreak.

1 Like

Stop doing things for him and bring it up and if he changes or is willing to compromise great. If not he needs to go

2 Likes

He’s addicted to gaming. 🤷

1 Like

You need to find you someone else that not a good relationship

1 Like

Wtf bit too much lol

24/7 lol they are worse than girls

I think it’s time to ditch that man child.

4 Likes

This is my life too… I am you jeez. Lol I can’t give advise I try to just do my own thing I tried talking but it doesn’t work

1 Like

No he sucks. Get a new one

2 Likes

That is not normal. Im sorry. But id rather a man not a boy.

2 Likes

That’s behavior I’d expect from a teen or a young adult… not a grown man.

2 Likes

Unfortunately if you’re not a gamer you won’t understand

2 Likes

My son does that!! But so does his wife!!

1 Like

If you know he’s this way, then either accept it or move on. He’s not changing and nothing you will say or do will change.

5 Likes

Eww. That’s not a man.

1 Like

My man is legit never off his game and talking too friends unless he’s sleeping :roll_eyes:

It may be his normal but it’s not fair to you in anyway just imagine if you had kids in the mix of all that it’s not worth it

2 Likes

You say he’s your boyfriend. What are the qualities that he has to make you want him to be your boyfriend?

7 Likes

Not really unusual for a guy without a steady Girlfriend. but pretty unusual for someone WITH a significant other.

3 Likes

Sounds like every man I know that plays video games :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It would be one thing if it was just during the game time but also while he’s doing everything else that’s weird. I’d straight up tell him that isn’t gunna fly. If things didn’t change I’d be out. You deserve better than that. You know it too. I feel like when things like this happen and we have to ask that we’re just looking for validation to know that what they’re doing is bullshit. If you love him and want things to work I hope shit changes and gets better.

Maybe he is depressed? I know I game a lot more and talk to my friends on there when I try to escape the outside world.

3 Likes

Best is to game with them atleast one night a week. You might just end up having loads of fun. I’ve recently started gaming with my husband and his work friends. Ended up going to bed at 3am last night. :joy:

6 Likes

Well if he puts his friends befor the person he is supposed to love :man_shrugging: do you even really want to be with someone like that ? If your ok with it then that’s cool too but yeh priorities

Sounds like every person that plays video games!

1 Like

i wouldnt mind as long as he pays for everything cause he must be so boring

1 Like

I saw a video about how men that do this are actually gay. And I mean, men that really prefer to only hang out with men and neglect their female partner. Lots of suppressed men because :sparkles: patriarchy :sparkles:

It’s more normal than it should be in society. My husband is a hardcore gamer. He plays pretty much every day and for hours once he’s home from work. He’s currently going through finding a balance between me, our daughter, and his gaming friends. It took me being 100% honest with him even if it was brutal to him. I told him that if things didn’t change and he continued being on the game all of the time and ignoring us that our relationship would end and I would file for divorce. The honest approach is working for us, but I do know some people approach it differently. I’d recommend being honest with him. Let him know exactly how you feel. You could also try gaming with him sometimes once the kids are settled down for the evening.

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with that. No one questions a woman sitting on her phone texting all day and night.

3 Likes