How much to pay a babysitter?

Just wanted to ask other mamas what’s a good amount to pay a sitter who watches my daughter 5 days a week from 930-730?

26 Likes

My area it’s $20-25 a day.

1 Like

25/30 a day. Depending the age… the younger maybe 35

Thats basically a full time job so that definitely should be considered

10 Likes

I pay a daycare $75 for 3 days or 125$ for 5 days and I work 7a-7p

1 Like

$250 atleast, some people are so ridiculously cheap. That is 10 hours a day 5 out of 7 days of the week. Shes pretty much raising your child/children so you can support them and raise them as well.
$250 is $5 an hour for 10 hours a day. Morning to bedtime.

10 Likes

Depends where you live

3 Likes

I paid my sitter $10 an hour. She was my friend tho. Daycares around me are around $175-$250 a week.

2 Likes

It really depends where you live and the average rate in your area. We pay $460/week for 3 days 7:30-5:30 :flushed:

7 Likes

$150 to $200 if you provide all the needed food and supplies. Those are long hours and a decent amount of days.

3 Likes

I pay my sister $300 for 80 hours of babysitting (my work schedule) every two weeks

2 Likes

I use to sit (while very pregnant) for my fiancé’s co worker her two younger kids (junior and senior kindergarten) that some times including bed time (I started as soon as they were off the bus) I was tight on money and she drove me back n forth so on regular 40$ some times 45$ a day

In my area I got paid 70 for 5 hours my sitters sitter pays 100 a day for 8 hours

1 Like

Im so glad my baby is 25!!! Cripe when i was working and raising my kids i paid 1/hr/kid (so $2/hr!):rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I pay $250 a week from 8-5… 5 days a week for my 1 year old

At least $35 a day that what I get for a 10 day

I pay $20 a day per kid. My kids are at the sitters house from either 6 or 6:30 am until 3 or 4 pm. Just depends on your area.

1 Like

I watched my nephew for 5 years for my sister (she was a single mom). 6 am- 4 PM for $100 a week. I would have charged anyone else double that

1 Like

$150 a week that’s how much I was paying a sitter

1 Like

$150 a week is typical. My daughter’s school daycare charges $170 per week and they have full curriculum, breakfast and lunch included, and do arts/crafts with my daughter. They keep my daughter from 7:30-4:00 every day.

50 a day babysitting is hard work

50 hours a week… I’d say a minimum of $50-60 a day…

1 Like

I pay our sitter $20 an hour . Her price will increase to $25 an hour after my daughter is born.

6 Likes

Going rate is like daycare $50 an hour I was paying close to 1200.00 a month look it up

4 Likes

Honestly some of these prices I couldn’t afford to work! $25 or $50 an hour it wouldn’t even be feasible for me to go to work…

4 Likes

That’s 50 hours a week 10 hours a day I’d say 100$ a day at least.

4 Likes

Depending on your location and cost of living there. I’d say $20-35 an hour is very reasonable as long as they have all liability insurance, proper business paperwork and state certification. …with your providing diapers and formula for newborns. Get a background check on all members of the household and any helpers they have!

1 Like

50hr weeks = $500 a week

3 Likes

That’s hours a day 50 a week. 150… for 40 hours & my sitter drops him off to me at work I pay her 125… 10more hours 25 bucks

I used to get paid 40$/day for similar hours. 2 kids + mine, they provided meals, diapers, etc

1 Like

In NC a good daycare is 275 a week

I pay $145 a week for 6:30-3:30

That’s more than a full time job. I would say 300 minimum. Small price to pay for someone raising your child.

4 Likes

My daycare was $150 a week for up to 12 hours a day 5 days a week. They never had her that long but I could send her that long if I wanted to

1 Like

Depends where you live daycares here are like 200 300 a week and that’s from morning to evening so I would pay someone at home like 150 for 2 kids the daycares near my house are only 20-30 a day.

1 Like

I currently pay 20 a day for daycare 730ish to 430ish… but prices are much lower in my area than most

My daycare full time is from 8am-4pm and its 100 a child for 5 days.

2 Likes

How old is ur daughter? If shes like 5 or older id say 100 a week if shes younger requireing more like diapers feedings and all 150 to 200 a week maybe 250 if shes an infant

1 Like

I pay a 5 star facility, YMCA $183 a week in PA form 6:30 to 4:00

1 Like

I pay $30 a day for my son to do to daycare. Price hasnt changed. He’s 3, been there for 2 years. It’s always been $30 a day.

Depending on where you are low end would be 150 a week

I pay 175 a week for 2 kids at a daycare but its super cheap!

1 Like

I’m in l.a and I work as a nanny. I get paid 20$ an hour for any child under 5

2 Likes

If she’s a good sitter for those hours i would give her as much as possible because she has a very important job!

5 Likes

I made $5 an hour babysitting for a friend. $10 an hour for non friends

Around here from 5am-6pm ranges $15-30/day/kid

2 Likes

9 hour days and the day runs after 5 pm. Depending where you are I’d probably do 5 an hour but it depends if it comes with food.

5 Likes

Depends on a lot of things. If you hire someone who is certified in CPR and first aid and has their CDA anything less than fifteen is wrong.

4 Likes

Well since the long hours I would do a weekly or daily price not hourly

2 Likes

How old is your daughter? I paid my sons sitter $10 a day for 4 days because all she had to do was get him on the bus because he went to her house at night.

Depends on what she has to do with my son he sleeps most of the day 6-2 wakes up at 9 or 10 then he needs to be fed probably changed and after he eats his nap is at 11- 1 sometimes 1-3 so really he only need attention for 4 maybe 5 hours if the child is older and in school then less time probably 8 dollars an hour per child if the child is over a year old and like 5 if the baby is under a year old because they mostly sleep during the day an night at least mine did

1 Like

10 hours a day @ $10.00 is $100.00 x 5 days is $500 x 4 weeks is $2K a month…holy moly!

2 Likes

We pay 105 for 2 hours a day monday through friday.

1 Like

All depends. Daycare here is $40 a day. I babysit from home and only charge $300 flat a month. Im not about highway robbery. I couldnt afford to work outside of my home and make a living with our kids in daycare. It would cost us $4000 a month. Why do that when I can bring in $300 a kid. So a non certified sitter could charge up to $150-200 a week.

Where I’m from, people pay $2-$3 an hour…

2 Likes

I watch a little girl at my house & I get $22 a day with meals included. I’m sure it varies depending on where u live
I watch her from 7-4:30

My granddaughter has 2 girls age 11 and 6 and she works nights from 9 till 6am but needs an hour for traveling back and forth .the girls sleep at the neighbors and mom picks them up soon as she gets home at 630 .she pays her 10.00 night for them to sleep there .
But baby sitters in my area is 5.00 an HR for one plus 2.00 for each extra child .

1 Like

To watch my baby. To take care of her wellbeing. Probably more than someone that works at McDonald’s. Especially if they are CPR trained and has their CDA.

1 Like

$250 a week minimum. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you aren’t paying them a living wage, they can’t afford the things essential to keep working for you, i.e. reliable transportation to get to your home, a cell phone to stay in touch if there is an emergency with your kid, etc.

1 Like

So wait. You’re asking someone to watch your child for as cheaply as possible for ten hours a day? That’s a 50 hour a week job. How much would YOU want to be paid to watch other people’s crotch goblins for 50 hours a week?

21 Likes

I charge 25/day. I’m CPR certified and have my mandated reporter certification. I could charge more but I’m not souch in it for the money. I do ot because I know how hard it can be to find a good babysitter with decent rates. When I was working I was paying right around a grand a month for my kids and it didn’t financially benefit us at all.

1 Like

The prices will vary greatly by location.

I would say like 450 a week maybe more. That’s a 50 hr a week job.

I use to pay $3500 a month for a nanny

3 Likes

Minimum wage here is 8.75/hr. If they are providing meals, gas to go to parks, etc. Especially being summer time so pool money or something, and if they are CPR certified. I’d say 10.00/hr is fair for my area. So 500 a week.
If you provide food, money for activities etc then minimum wage.

1 Like

I pay $800 a week for my 2 kids to go to day care from 7am - 5pm. I supply nappies, formula, lunch and snacks for my kids.

2 Likes

When I was 16 I charged a single dad who was struggling with three kids $10 per hour. Or $200 per weekend. (Friday morning thru Sunday night ).

My daycare watches my son from 6:45am to 4:15pm Monday through Thursday I pay $110 a week and they are amazing and licensed

2 Likes

Here its like 3 dollers an hour.

2 Likes

Atleast 25 to 30 a day for 10 hours.

1 Like

I pay 20 a day but my sitter is also my best friend

1 Like

I pay 50 $ a day for 9 hours

1 Like

If she provides food and stuff, 1 kid $150 a week and that’s on the lesser side. i wouldnt expect to spend less than $200 a week.

2 Likes

I usually pay 50$ a day. But that is to family. And I have 6 kids. But it is also in my house so everything is supplied too. I don’t trust daycares or many people with my kids. We did daycare for awhile and never again.

1 Like

It would be best to do a set amount instead of hourly or you’ll go broke lol. $200 a week is basically same as a minimum wage job just without all the taxes pulled out.

1 Like

One child 165.00 per week for 40 hours any more than that add another 75.00

See o make 9.25 an hr only. I’m paying a sitter40 per day. for my 7 to 3 on weekends I dont make much extra after but I keep my day job💁‍♀️ I provide food and everything for baby. Like bed baby bed fun places. Everything.

Holy crap, some of you pay more in childcare than I make working a full time job. I pay $110 a week for daycare.

1 Like

I pay $30/day for my 18 month old, and I provide diapers/wipes, and used to provide breastmilk/formula (she drinks whole milk now).

$150, thats a little over $3.00 per hour.

$5.00/hr and we’ve come to the agreement of rather it’s 1 child or 3 it’s $5/hr