How much weight did your baby gain?

How much did your LO gain between being born and their 2 month check up? She gained 3 lbs in 2 months. He showed me the curve they use and while she’s still on the average curve, she’s towards the bottom at risk of being underweight. It’s not like she doesn’t eat. The longest she’ll go is 4 hours in the middle of the night. He didn’t seem overly concerned. Just pointed out that she’s towards the bottom of the curve.

4 Likes

My baby is gaining about a pound a week

My son was 8.3lbs at birth. His 2 month check up, he now weighs 14.7lbs

7-3 to 10-8, so a little over three pounds. The doctor was not concerned in the slightest.

As long as u know you are feeding your child and she/he is full, that’s all that matters.
Respectfully, the curve doesn’t mean much to me.
Sometimes doctors put these horrible thoughts in our heads like we aren’t doing enough.

My 15 year old has always been in 1-2%ile for weight. I used to stress it and try to make her gain, but she’s healthy, now they don’t even say anything at the peds office

My youngest son was the same way except he was under the 25th percentile for years. He was diagnosed with failure to thrive and put on increased calories. His Dr waited until he was 5/6 months old before doing that just to see if he’d start catching up on his own. He was small for his age until he was about 10. He’s 13 now and at the 60th percentile for both height and weight now.

My kiddo was 7.10lbs at birth and at 3 months he weighs 17lbs he’s a big ole boy lol

Same happened to my daughter. We ended up having to go to the doctor every other day for 2 weeks, feed her while there for them to weigh her again before we left and keep a detailed feeding chart to bring with us. It was stressful as a new parent and the nurse made me feel like I was a horrible person. Doctor determined that while she was not putting weight on like other children she was putting on weight. She’s 5 now and still on the low end of the scale and she eats like a teenage boy. Doctor told us when she was 3 that she has an incredibly high metabolism and that as long as she doesn’t start losing weight quickly she’s fine.