How much would you pay someone to babysit your kids?

How much would you pay a Junior to watch 3 girls for 18 hours per week? And I would provide food and drink…5 year old, 10, and 13…10 and 13 year old wouldn’t need help with anything just don’t trust leaving them at home by their selves…

7 Likes

i would have the 13 year old watch the 5 year old. babysitters are like 20-30 an hour to watch 3 kids.

5 Likes

Minimum wage here is 14 per hour times that by 18 hours you say . That equals $252

2 Likes

I would pay her 15 to 20 an hour . It’s a job.

4 Likes

$10 an hour for 1st child, $5 an hour each additional child.

2 Likes

That is a lot of responsibility for a teenager. They need an adult caretaker

9 Likes

At the very least 150$ to 200$ per week

1 Like

Please text me at 843-421-2411

I would definitely have cameras in my house

1 Like

Depends on where you live…what’s min wage where you are??

1 Like

Nothing. I wouldn’t pay a child to watch children.
The “junior” is still in school. Can they be even be legally left alone by themselves, let alone fully responsible for 3 other children? If it was more a mothers helper situation and you’d be around (doing laundry/lawn work while the “junior” supervises and keeps eyes on position) but leaving a child in charge of other children and then pay them for that? Never.

9 Likes

Minimum wage for my area is $15.00. I would at the very least give them that for 18 hours a week. That’s alot of responsibility for one junior. The older kids may not necessarily need as much but they’re still under their supervision nonetheless. Kids are unpredictable especially when moms not home. 15 an hour for 18 hours is around like $270 a week. As someone who’s spent almost a decade working in childcare and education, you get what you pay for when it comes to quality childcare. Pay them what they are worth because it is by no means a simple job.

3 Likes

$15 for one and $10 each for the others (per hour) so $35/hr

So what is a “junior”? An 11th grader in high school? You pay them what they ask for or find someone willing to accept what you are willing to pay. Their time commitment should be worth at least $10+ per hour.

Not less than the minimum wage in your area

Minimum wage for 1 child PLUS and additional $5/hr for each other child

I’d ask on community pages for reputable people. And see what their rates are

I babysit 4 kids when I was 10. Depends on the sitter

1 Like

You say she’s a junior in high school, right? Well. If she’s not a certified childcare provider with first aid/cpr certifications/ etc and it’s likely that she’s not claiming taxes on her baby sitting earnings? I’d say $100/week is fair - maybe a little more to offset gas if she’s driving a distance to get to you.

I’ll be honest backnin the 90s when my boys were little no one watched them except my Mom Dad Sister and my Mother-in-law Law and in this DAY n AGE hell no no one’s watching my kids if I had littles nope no way unless My Family

$100-$150 and I’d have cameras in my house to keep an eye on things

How can someone making $15-$18 an hour & raising 3 kids,afford to pay $15+ an hour to a babysitter??

No less than $15 an hour.

$20/hour for a 17 year old? Where do you all live? I’ve been in the child care field for 30 plus years and the most I’ve ever made is $20 an hour.

Minimum 15 an hour. That is work!

1 Like

I’m just glad most on here are advocating a fair wage (not saying the poster wasn’t going to by any means) watching 3 kids is work even if you are watching TV with them for half the day it’s still work abd responsibility. If you pay well chances are they will try hard to keep the gig. It’s win win

1 Like

I would say 150- 200 per week if you’re providing the food and drinks for sitter as well. You’re pretty much paying for child care for the 5 yr old. 10 & 13 are pretty self sufficient. Just too young to be left alone.

Some of you crack me up !! Just looking at your pics I know you were watching kids when you were 12-13 your gen x . I was watching my 4 younger siblings at age 13 all the time . But this day and age definitely have cameras in your house . But minimum wage atleast !!

It all depends on the person location and hours. Now my self I only charge by the day others will charge by the hour for for it would be 55 for. A family. It’s normally 25 a day per child .