How often are you and your spouse intimate?

Good for you … Don’t complain.

LOL my man is lucky to get laid when he does :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: intimacy levels are different to every situation. Some people have the same s.ex drive and some people just don’t.

Some people feel like they need to be intimate with their partner to feel “loved” and some just don’t.

We have been together 13 years and married 12 as of January 2023 I’m 34 husband will be 41 in less than a month… we were every few weeks in the beginning I have pcos estrogen dominance and insulin resistance from using depo provera from 2007-2011 and gaining 120lbs and my drive was non existent. I’ve changed my diet and since October 2017 my time of the month came back. I’m down from 272.6 to 135ish my hormones are through the roof and I could do it every day. If he’s not in the mood for s3x since he works long hours we do other things that aren’t s3x but that intimacy is still there. When I wasn’t hardly ever in the mood when we started out I made it known to him why and told him I’d do other things for him that didn’t include action below the belt on me. We don’t have any kids together but we do have 3 dogs. We do things every few weeks. We went almost a year without it in 2013 because I broke my leg and was in an air cast for 8 months, he thought he’d hurt me so we avoided it even though I told him it wouldn’t hurt me and if it did we’d stop, but he didn’t want to risk it since it was a very bad break. We made up for lost time after I healed completely. We’d much rather to be out on a long ride on our motorcycle together! I’ve known people who’s lives revolve around s3x and only s3x and their relationships didn’t survive in the long run. I was in a relationship with a guy for a year, shortly before meeting my husband, and he preferred p0rn over me so we only did it a handful of times. My husband (especially now that my hormones are level and where they should be) does make more of an effort even if he’s had a long day. But if I see he’s super tired I tell him we can wait and I will give him a foot or back rub or both.

My boyfriend thinks it’s normal to do it every single day even though we’ve been together almost 5 years :confounded: I wish we would just do it once or twice a week.

All month, of course til I’m on my period then we don’t do nothing :joy:

It’s literally different for everyone and there is no normal. We’ve been together 17 years, have 3 young kids. Right now we’re in the process of moving and he’s on mandatory OT at work, and I’m dealing with some health issues. So it’s been 2 weeks. But it’s fine bc we communicate about it.

13 Likes

Every individual is different.
There is no right or wrong answer to this.
I’m 41, my partner is 50, we’re together 7+ years. We were friends for 1 year, then became a couple but didn’t have sex for the first year we were together because he wasn’t ready. Then we were “good” approximately 2-3 times per week. Then due to illness/surgery/grief we didn’t have sex for over a year. Now were back on track again and it’s great, about 3-4 times per week.

Um I get it once every six months personally I want it every single day if I could but we’re also 14 years apart him being 47 me being 33

5 Likes

1-2 a week I think is “norm”… I try for at least 4-5 times a month and it seems to keep my man happy. But we also have children a jobs so that always gets in the way lol

1 Like

I wish I’m lucky once or twice a month I can’t take it

There is no norm. If you don’t want to have sex with him that often then that’s ok. Talk to him. See if you can meet in the middle…if you want to. If your lack of desire stems from a lack of ability in bed on his part, talk to him. Don’t tell him he sucks, just help him. Men don’t have our body’s and sometimes they really don’t know what to do. Otherwise, don’t be pressured into something you don’t want.

Been together 15 years kids 18,16,10,5 5-7 times a week

It’s what works for you! I have been with my partner for 15 years we have a 10 and a 13 year old and it still usually a daily thing! Sometimes twice a day :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Every day or most days, and multiple times a day if we’re feeling it :woman_shrugging:

1 to 3 times a day at least once a day

It fluctuates a lot. Sometimes it’s multiple times a week. Sometimes it’s once a week or less. There are a lot of times where it’s once or twice a month. I’m pregnant but only early…later in pregnancy it will slow way down because I will be big and uncomfortable and don’t want it.

We at least have sex once a day but prob like 3/4 times a day tbh … we have been married for almost 2 years and it’s always been like this

I’ve been married 2 and together 5 and we do it every other day

Everyone is different.

As much as possible. We both work and I got to pick up the kids, get 2 to work or school activities. Sometimes it’s only twice Sometimes it’s 4 or 5. Just depends.

We’re a blended family. We’ve been married 4 years, we have 4 kids total and 3 of them are with us most of the time. At absolute minimum 4-5 days a week but normal for us is 1-2 times a day. We work the same shift so … before the kids get up for school and after they’re in bed :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

You lot can’t be British’:wink:

1 Like

Been together 10 years, married, one kid. We average everyday, but sometimes it’s 2X in a day!

Daily. We both work full time and take care of a ton of animals plus the house daily as well

We’ve been married 14 years and it’s fluctuated over time, from as little as 2x a month to as often as 4x a week. There is no set normal, it’s whatever you and he agree is right. If he’s unhappy or if you’re unhappy, you need to talk about it.

We get it where we can. Always before getting th kids up for school, always before we fall asleep…and any moment we can slip away in between. Even if it’s a quickie, or just to slip it in and tease. We work the same hours, and are a blended family with 5 kids.

I’ve been married 11 yrs but together for 15. We have 4 kids ranging from 14 (previous marriage for him) 9, 7 and 5. We have sex 1-2 a week during the busy times and 3-4 on those weeks that everything just works out. Then there are weeks where our mental state catches up and we get into funks where we will go without for a week and don’t even realize. It varies for everyone because our moods are all different. When this happens, my husband and i try our best to communicate with one another. We both can come to one another and say “Hey, I really miss you and us.” And that kind helps kick start it without us feeling insecure or automatically defensive. Your husband may have a higher sex drive than you. It sounds like he’s trying to talk to you about it. Don’t take it offensively and more so look at it as he’s trying to communicate so you all can take the steps in building those fundamentals that keep a marriage going. I know it’s hard when your partner discusses lacking something from you but you mean enough to him that he’s coming to you to try and figure it out together. People can say sex doesn’t matter in a marriage but it does. It’s not so much about the “sex” as it is the intimacy and connection that comes with it for you and your partner.

Mine only wants me when im fixing to start my period… Never fails. He can go months with none. No lie.

I don’t have a schedule. I’m very moody so he respects that and we do maybe 1-2 a month for now. The only norm should be that both people want to. I will never be the wife who “gets it over with” so he don’t cheat. If he needs to get it elsewhere because I am exhausted than I will leave. Simple as that. My needs are just as important and I don’t need to feel pressured. That’s a huge Turn Off.

2 Likes

There is no “norm” it depends on too many different factors. Our norm is 5 times a week (on average?) we have 2 kids and in our 30’s

At least 3 times a week

We have 2 small kids, plus one due in December, And it’s usually every night for us

1 Like

My husband and I have been together 7 years, married 1 with 4 kids .
Anywhere between 4/5 times a week .
But we also both have high sex drives lol

Daily. Been together almost 11 years, married 4 years, we have 3 kids, lots of animals, and we both work. Everyone’s “normal” is different though.

Then other day we had great sex… but I think it had been over a month for us. :unamused::sob::sob:

Twice a week is the average for most couples I think. With that being said, we haven’t in almost a month.

At least 3x a week but I take care of him in other ways every day lol

Depends on the person…not sure there is a norm.

That he’s even trying to push the “norm” thing is weird.
You find out what works for you and go with that.
My guy and I have gone months without sex (due to health or pregnancy), but we’ve also had sex twice a week for a while.
There are so many factors. “Expecting” a specific amount is weird.

It’s so different for everyone and we go through lulls. Sometimes it’s daily other times it’s once a week lol

We are literally still every day. I’m a sahm, he works full time and we have a big family, but that hasn’t changed anything for us. This has always been our normal, but I have friends who’re happy with once a week. I think normal is whatever makes both of you happy, and that varies for all couples.

3 Likes

Once a week or once every couple weeks just depends on when I go over to his house to stay the night. Def not normal for me tho, if we were living together still it’d be 3-4 times a week.

Pretty much every night. I love making sure my husband stays happy. In all areas of life.

20 Likes

Maybe once a month, (I have low to no libido due to hypothyroidism, nexplanon implant and we work opposite shifts). So whenever we can or i/both are in the mood. Every person is different and household is different.

18 years together with my man and sometimes it’s 5 or more times and other times it’s a desert. It all depends on the situation or what’s kinda going on in life honestly

36 Likes

When my husband and I were younger we did it multiple times a day since days. Lol

Like twice a month- not by choice. We work opposite shifts and have a 7 month old and a three year old.

Atleast 5 times a week we’re married and have been together 7 years

What you do in a week,we do in a day’;p

Nosy AF.
Fan question my behind.
Stuff like this is what’s wrong with the world.

Depends. Could me once a week to 6 times a week. :sweat_smile: or on my monthly none, cause no thank you. I hate the mess

Norm is different for every individual what’s normal to you may not feel normal to another, what’s healthy is that both partners are sexually satisfied in their relationship. Let’s talk about that.

1 Like

There is no norm, and if there was you shouldn’t based your private life off of others.

36 Likes

It is the norm. You should want too. Unless there’s some medical issue going on, you should want to to intimate with your husband like that. In my opinion. Don’t come at me. Everyone has needs, he’s telling you his in a weird way.

9 Likes

Personally being intimate is important to me, makes me feel closer to my man, once or twice a week doesn’t seem like enough but that’s just how I see it… I understand things get busy and sometimes you’re just too tired but if you don’t want to be intimate with your partner then what is keeping you together? When I love someone I want them all the time

I wish it were norm for us. That’s what I call a good week.

We’re lucky if it’s once or twice a week through the month because one of us Is always tired.

2 Likes

How about 3 to 4 times a day

Currently, probably 3 times a week because we’ve got a baby. Usually at least 5 nights a week and a few mornings.

3 Likes

Depends on how many headache tablets or chloroform I have in stock 

1 Like

Minimum twice a week but usually daily :joy: but there is no norm really

Yea once or twice a month if he’s lucky. However I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant so I’ve been wanting it more…

3 Likes

If it was up to me, every day. But my husband has some Health issues & I’ve been having horrible cycles (like 3-18 days long. Sometimes two a month) so usually just a few times a month

I feel like this is an age question too. 20s it was daily. Sometimes multiple daily. 30s and 40s weekly. 50s is a whole mother ball game

I agree with others comments… it shouldn’t be based on others people. Everyone has different lives, lifestyles, children, work, careers. Etc. My husband and I worked opposite shifts for years so we wouldn’t need a sitter. We both for a long time had physical, demanding & worked lots of overtime … we would try to do date Nighy when possible. So when we did get alone time it was intimate and felt something… so it’s not a chore to each other if you know what I mean… others like quickies… which sometimes it is great when we can sneak away to make it fun… again… every one is different

5 Likes

Use to be every day now it’s 1 time a month if we are lucky.

We have tired to make it once a week sometimes it happen sometimes not some weeks we do it twice it just depends

It depends. Sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes at least once a day sometimes not for a week or more at a time. It depends on what’s going on, how I’m feeling and what the day was like. My meds tend to mess with my libido so that’s also a huge factor in it.

It different for every couple. We used to every week and sometimes twice a week but due to a health problem I have we can’t do it anymore until I’ve had surgery

Mine is 51 years old and wants it daily if not more.

Lol my hunny wants it every night, but we do do it a few times a week

It varies for every single person. Some people, multiple times a day every single day of the year. Some people once a year. And some find a happy medium. Figure out what works for you and your partner. I’d aim for twice a week at a minimum. Don’t force yourself to do it if you don’t want to. Your partner can and should learn to control themselves and their behaviours/moods without it.

5 Likes

Whenever we’re not tired and can get away from the kids…lol

Everyday, sometimes even a middayer. But what’s normal for us isn’t normal for everyone.

Been together 11yrs and we have 4kids 1teen and 3 6yrs nd under. We do what we can when we can lol we usually go 3 times a week and sometimes with work and kids we go without for 2wks. Life happens

Depends on how good the back rub is & if the bills are up to date. If I’m being honest.

My husband and I were still making love 2-3 times a day after 40 years. Lord how I miss that man!!!

The norm is when you BOTH want it.

1 Like

At least 4 to 5 times a week if my husband had his way it would be multiple times a day

Maybe 2 times a week and mainly cuz I’m tired and touched out :joy:

Sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes once or twice a week, sometimes once or twice a month. :woman_shrugging:t3: I personally don’t think there is a “Norm”. I think it really just depends… Stress, schedules, how you or your spouse are feeling, you know just life… You both should be understanding of each other’s feeling……

1 Like

Get it when it’s available, set no day or time. Let it always be spontaneous.

The average, I just looked it up, is 54 times a year, so once a week.
Some have it more, some have it less. It’s unique to each relationship

Um we have it multiple times a week it keeps us both in better moods and helps with are stress levels

Every relationship is different. Everyone’s needs and lives are different. I don’t think there’s a norm it’s just based on what works for you guys and the relationship. Find a medium that meets both needs

3 - 5 times a week is normal for us, but ebbs and flows depending on what’s happening at the time. Currently we’re moving so only been twice this week.
There is no “normal” - communication is key. Remind your spouse that foreplay for a woman starts at the end of the last orgasm! Meaning everything he does (or doesn’t do) will impact on how you feel about it.

If it is… then it is. Every couple is different. Every couples have ups and downs. If it bothers you… talk to him. Maybe… counseling??