How often can I take prednisone?

I took prednisone last night due to being in a lot of pain but I know it’s good to take in the morning. Can I take it this morning even though I took it last night and then start the morning routine of it?

3 Likes

You should be taking it as prescribed by your doctors orders.

Most Prednisone dosage is tapered unless you have an autoimmune disease. Like I have lupus and I take a daily low dose of Prednisone.

1 Like

Um, take it as prescribed :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Please take it as your doctor tells you, steroids can have serious adverse effects if sudden started and stopped and can cause cortisol crisis. I highly suggest reaching out to your doctor for advice!!

How did your Dr prescribe it. Should be on label

1 Like

I take 3 a day every day!

1 Like

Ask the doctor who prescribed it!!!

Take it as prescribed by your dr

Assuming you don’t have a prescription, since you don’t have directions. Prednisone doesn’t work like that. Usually, there is a schedule, where you take several doses on first day, and then less each day, over a five day period. It builds on your system, then wean off of it.

8 Likes

Prednisone isn’t a pain reliever? It’s a steroid for breathing. Why would you take it for pain?

2 Likes

I wonder about the people asking questions here. Medical advice is not to be given out unless your licensed professional and you know the person‘s medical history. Get real. Call your doctor, or call your pharmacy. We don’t know you we don’t know anything about you. 

5 Likes

Ask your doctor or pharmacist. Not one single person here knows what doses you were prescribed or the instructions on how or when to take it.

21 Likes

This page shouldn’t even post medic questions tbh

4 Likes

If you took it tonight starting then continue on tmrw as the 2nd dose as prescribed

It’s a 7 day pill pack. You don’t take just one here and there. It’s self explanatory on the pack. Ask the doctor who prescribed them to you.

1 Like

I take prednisone every day. It is better to take in morning. But also I would take it as it says. Usually it will be mornings. If you take it every day, then yes you can take it the next day in the morning.

Be careful taking steroids. The side effects are not fun. Currently I am dealing with buffalo hump and also I have dealt with moon face. Buffalo hump is extremely uncomfortable. I had to have steroids for MS so it was long term use over 4 months.

We are not doctors. If you are unable to follow the instructions given you then you should contact your doctor.

1 Like

You should have the instructions on the bottle label. Take it as instructed.