How often do you see your parents?

I see my dad everyday. I call him everyday. He took care of me and my 2 siblings by himself for 12 years. Idk what I would do without my dad.

1 Like

I talk to my mom about every other day and I see my dad once a week. My husband sees my dad more because it’s hunting season and our son goes to my dad house once a week or he calls him crying that he misses him and we do holidays together. And my mom takes him every couple months. She’d take him more but works third shift. And my parents come to all school functions for both my son and step son. My husband’s family lives half way across the country so we don’t really see them much but they talk every few weeks and call every holiday. I personally find it odd when families don’t communicate with each other but I was raised in a very close knit family.

3 Likes

We see and talk with our parents all the time, married 36 years , same with our grown children. I talk and group text with my girls everyday and my husband and my son work at the same company so they’re always in touch . I see the grandkids as much as possible at least once per week . Family is everything to us all .

1 Like

When you start losing parents, you may think differently😩

2 Likes

I do not have my parents anymore. My father (who was never part of my life) passed away in 2011. My Mom passed away June 2019. I miss her every single day.

3 Likes

When my mom was alive I seen or talked to her everyday. I sure do miss her

4 Likes

I work for my dad so I see him daily and talk to my mom several times a day everyday

2 Likes

I talk to my momma and sister at least once a day. My sister and I visit each other at least once a week. Our kids are around the same age so the kids play and we get to chat. I see my mom at least once every other week. I went 10years where we didn’t live close to each other and then we just talked on the phone or texted everyday. We are a close family I talk to my cousins, aunts, and uncles at least 3 to 4xs a month .

1 Like

To be honest, just because you are “grown” does not mean that you do not have parents. See them when you want. As for the relationship… you cannot control when he sees or talks to his family and he cannot tell you how to see yours. Neither of you have that right. I may sound mean about this but honestly grow up. Let him see and talk to his family as much as he wants. And you see yours when you want. Family does not hinder your relationship unless you let it. Both need to stop being controlling and go with the flow.

1 Like

I see my parents multiple times a week and text almost daily.

2 Likes

When your parents are no longer with u, u will miss the phn calls, texts, thier voice, thier smile, thier laugh, thier advice & even the nagging…my mom is with me still & I talk to her EVERY SINGLE DAY & I’m 51. U will only understand this when u become q parent

5 Likes

I see my mother everyday and text everyday. Sure some days it bothered my ex but that’s my mom. Death has been so in your face lately that it means more to me if I talk to her everyday. Now I am not that way with my dad but that’s something else. But my mom has been there and taken the roller coasters that come with raising daughter’s so I owe her that call and text and visit daily. But that’s me.

2 Likes

my sisters and me see and talk to eachother and to our parents all the time. maybe we will go a day or 2 but no longer then that. the grandkids see them as well. it does help that we all live really close to one another.

1 Like

Im in the same exact position and let me just say, allow him to be as close as he wants with his family. I was fussy about how close my husband was with his and the his sister and brother died. I’ll never forgive myself for fussing at him about his family. Now they’re gone and he never gets to see them or talk to them again.
Just understand that even if it feels uncomfortable, it’s not always about you.

Best advice I can give anyone make sure you keep in touch with you parents if you even had a fight and don’t want to speak up talk work things out life is short. My 15 year old and I found my mom passed away in her bed at 8 smorning. :sob::sob:

Overcome what he has the right idea and you should not be jealous of his family just be a part of it maybe see and talk to yours more too and be happy he’s not seeing& talking to other women

It’s what u can put up with girl. We resolve that in my family by doing a family dinner once a week. My hubby’s family is all over the u.s. and my mine that I care 2 talk 2 are closer. He talks 2 his dad every day, his mom once a week and other family maybe once a month. Not that I care either way if we lived closer 2 anymore of his family we would probably do the same a family dinner at someone’s house once a week

I talk to my mom at least 10 times a day and I see her every day

I wish I still had parents to talk to and visit 🥲, when they alive I spoke to my mam every day and visited each wkend. You might regret not doing this when they are gone.

I see and talk to my parents quite often. Get together every holiday as well.
We atleast call or text once a week if not more. Same with my husband and his family

I used to visit my mom at least once a week before she moved. Now i call her once a week. We currently live with his parents but before that we’d see them once every few weeks for dinner or something. He’s always been close to his mom and I’ve just built my relationship back up with mine after a big fallout a few years ago

I see and talk to my parents everyday, there will be a day I will wish they were still here :heart:

8 Likes

Depends on how you were raised.
We contact parents at least every other day to see how they are doing/if they need anything. Talk to them as much as possible now because they won’t be around forever.

I come from alot of siblings and my parents. My whole family has a group chat and we meet up atleast 5 times a year even little groups of us more but group chat calls atleast twice a day usually so each family is different

1 Like

I talk to my parents everyday and see them AT LEAST once a week. His family isn’t as close and don’t live near us but he talks to his dad every other day. Theres nothing wrong with talking to them everyday or a few times a week. One day they won’t be there and you will wish you had kept in better touch.

2 Likes

I talk to my mother multiple times a day and go to her house daily. Loosing my father was the absolute worst thing in my life and I will cherish every day with my mother for the rest of her life. I understand each family is different and that’s sad. Family is everything to us.

14 Likes

We both text/call our mothers (we don’t have our fathers with us anymore :pensive:) regularly like every 1-2 days. And see them around once a week. Family is very important to both of us. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. I want my kids growing up actually knowing their family.

2 Likes

Hardly ever. I see them maybe every few months, talk to them sometimes weekly sometimes twice a month. It depends on your family history. It’s very normal for people to be close with their family. I hope when my children are older we talk all the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

We go see our parents about every 6 weeks. We see my dad more than his family because its a shorter distance. We don’t go more than 6 weeks between visits.

My mom lives right down the road from us, we’re on the phone for who knows how long throughout the day and see eachother at least once a day. My husband’s family live 6 hours from us so we don’t usually see them until holidays but he talks to them daily as well

1 Like

We (both me and my husband) pretty much talk and see our family on holidays that’s about it…but our growing up wasn’t so great so a lot of it has to do with the way u grew up🤷🏻‍♀️

Never. My Mom, stepdad, all 4 of my Grandparents and my biological father are all deceased. That’s why you should treat your parents like gold.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen my mom since August 2016. She’s in Florida and I’m in Kansas.

My dad & I text every other day (Sometimes daily). We talk once a week. And since he lives 5 mins away I see him(before covid) once a week. We only talk to a hand full of my family. We have nothing to do with my husband’s side.

My mom watches our son and I’m part time so I see her a few times and week and if I’m off I call her every morning to talk! I’m very close with both my parents and cherish all the time I get with them!

1 Like

Too each their own.
We see ours about once a week, sometimes more… we all do live in the same town…but we aren’t like super close…
You can’t get upset with your significant other about a close relationship to family, that’s a great thing :woman_shrugging:t4:
Now if you’re feeling jealous or annoyed because you aren’t getting the same kind of attention or affection then sit down and explain your feelings and side. Best thing is to talk it out with your person.

1 Like

I talk to at least one family member nearly every day (dad, mom, 2 sisters, 1 brother) we are all at our parents house for hours multiple times a week (including all 9 of our children usually at the same time) We all have our own families and homes now as well. We love the bond we have. Not being with the family we grew up with would just be weird to us

2 Likes

I see my parents about once a week because they live a hour away. I text my mom every day and talk to my dad on the phone twice a day every day. My husband and his mom seem to only talk when necessary and she comes over every once in awhile…but im a little confused on why it matters how much someone else talks to and sees their own parents…

I talk to my parents alot and we see them at least once a week. I talk to my sister daily she is my best friend. I think that it depends on how you were raised, i was raised to be close to my family and even though I’m in my relationship now and I’m pregnant with my first baby I hope that never changes.

1 Like

Why is it such a problem?

I go over my parents house at least once a week. Maybe twice.
But that’s after I had my daughter. Before it was probably phone calls and such. And I went over every now and again. Just for a few minutes to shit around.
But growing up me and my mom had a really like REALLY rocky relationship.
I think as I grew up and moved out and we spaced out we definitely get along a lot better. That and after I had my daughter (my moms first granddaughter whom shares her birthday😂) we definitely bonded a lot more. I think age comes maturity.
And the acceptance to move on.
Your parents did the best they could.
Even if it seemed unfair when you were younger.
But now if they beat you, or put you in bad situations then that’s COMPLETELY different.

But I would be completely lost without my parents. Especially my mom and her level headed ness :joy:
They are the only reason why I haven’t moved out of state yet. :two_hearts:

My mom and dad moved in with us.
My mom has health issues and needs extra help and my dad is 74 yrs old. Im 35 with a 3yr old daughter and 21 weeks pregnant. My daughter loves seeing her grandparents everyday! It can get overwhelming sometimes taking care of everyone but id rather do it than someone who might mistreat my parents.
My husband on the other hand hasn’t seen his mom or family since 2016. They live in california and we’re in Washington. He calls here and there. 🤷 every family is different.

.I talk to my parents usually every other day. My sister.cousins and I are always in contact. We have several group chats since Covid with usually 600 messages a day lol We do everything together. Birthdays holidays vacations everything. Family is everything❤

I talk to my mother every day since I’ve had her first grandchild, she wants to see pictures as he grows. Before that it was every 3 weeks to a month. Thats been a slow repair since a big falling out with my father who kicked me out of the house at 17. I talk to him much less, birthday, father’s day holidays and when they both come for a visit.

My parter on the other hand has an amazing relationship with his parents. He talks to the almost every day, sometimes multiple times. They stop in frequently and we do the same. My partner is a fisherman who can be gone on the boat for 3 days at a time and I am completely comfortable calling up my inlaws for anything that I need help with.

1 Like

I call my mom almost daily and we text all day. She lives an hour away and i go up the very least once every 2 weeks. We spend every holiday, birthday and even vacations together. Everyone else is on more of a occasional thing. I spend time w my husband’s family as well even though he doesn’t. I like family unity and think it’s great for the children.

I see my parents once a year. My mom texts every so often and calls every couple weeks or so.

I text and/or call my parents and siblings daily. I work with my stepmom so I see her 5/7 days a week. I see my dad often. Actually I can look out of my sons bedroom window and see his house so if I’m bored and I see hes home I can go bother him :joy::joy: I see one of my sisters and mom a couple times a month. We live in the same town but we’re all on different work schedules. My other sister lives in a completely different state 12 hours away so I only get to see her once maybe twice a year. I see my fiances mom and one of his sisters a couple times a month. Anybody else I see at holidays.

When my mother was alive I called almost everyday and visited often … She lived in a different borough … I had my own family but I made sure I got my morning and night call with her

I see my parents once or twice a year. My dad texts a couple times a week. My mom once every few months :woman_shrugging:

hmm? i think you guys should respect each other’s dynamics, why does it matter? is this somehow affecting you? not saying that in a condescending way just wondering if there’s something i’m missing. every family and their habits are different.

2 Likes

We visit my parents every weekend because they are 15 minutes away and we see my in-laws anywhere from 1 to 3 times a year because they live in another country. I have a narcissistic mother and she is the reason we don’t go more often. I want my sons to have a strong relationship with my parents and my adult autistic brother so that is why we go every weekend but I can only take my mom in small doses :woman_shrugging:t2:

Honestly if I can I’m at my moms house every day lol

I talk to my parents & siblings every day. Sometimes we text non stop. But only visit holidays and about once a month. My family is close. His parents are deceased. He keeps in contact with his family we visit holidays. Our dynamics are different and we respect each others. I talk to his family when i wanna check in to say hey we love n miss you. I dont see how that can cause issues. We all grow up differently.

1 Like

We have an extremely close family. Since my father became a double leg amputee, he spends alot of time in his room & that’s kinda the hangout place. All his kids, grandkids & great grandkids take naps in his room with him or watch movies. I talk to my mom everyday over video chat or phone call & see them several times during the week. I like coming over to spend the night with my daughter on my days off from work just because I love being around my parents! Currently laying on my mom’s couch watching movies while my parents are in their room. Me & my parents just yell down the hall at each other talking! I’m 40 years old, my parents are in their 60’s & I still call them mommy & daddy! LOL! As far as how we were raised, it wasn’t the greatest childhood but we have happy memories & I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it weren’t for my parents! Anything they lacked as parents when I was a child, they’ve made up by being the best grandparents anybody could have asked for! I’m extremely lucky to still have my parents & love how our family is so close!

Every day. My sisters (there are 4 of us) have a group chat and we talk all day every day :joy: our kids are all close. My mama lives 10 mins away and we are over at her house several times a week. She kept my kids almost every day during the school shut down while I worked. Family is everything and your biggest support system. My husband parents live a few blocks over and we see them twice a week sometimes more. My father in law picks my daughter up from school at least once a week. They’re our village.

I see my parents about once a week , and often talk on the phone or video call them so you could say I’m pretty close to my family x

When my Mom was alive I called her everyday. Sometimes a few times a day. She lived in another state. Every summer we would go spend 2 weeks visiting her. God how I miss her. My girls are grown and married. I talk to both of them everyday. See them as often as I can. We are super close cuz it was just us 3 as they were growing up. I guess it all depends on your family and how you were raised. Please remember if you can do it as often as you can cuz when they pass you will miss them.

1 Like

It really depends but if your going to be together you have to accept both sides. We live 10 minutes from my mom…I talk to at least once almost everyday some days more and we text too. I go over to her house a couple times a week at least. We are all very close. Same with my sister. My hubbys family lives out of state and he talkes to them a couple times a week most weeks and others he will talk to them every couple of weeks just depends. We are both happy with it and ok with the others communication with their own family and vice versa. :heart::heart::heart:

I try to see my family and talk to them as much as possible :woman_shrugging:t2: everyday if possible! You never know how long you’ve got so don’t waste time

1 Like

I think close is good, I call my mom daily. But my relationship with my ex ended bc he was constantly dating going to his moms and not coming home after work to help with the kids. The family you come from is important but the family you make is priority.

1 Like

I talk to my mom every i would say four hrs and the rest of my family like once a week.

I talk to my mom daily, see her weekly. My husband doesn’t see or talk to his mom but a few times a year and we live in the same town as both of them. Actually my mom and his moms neighborhoods are across from eachother. He just doesn’t have a relationship with his mom at all.

I talk/text my mom almost everyday…before my dad died, it was a few times a week and see each other at least 1 time per week.

I’m very close to my mom and my siblings on my moms side. We are constantly talking usually in texts, my sisters and I have a group chat with our mom. It’s pretty much a daily thing about whatever. We live maybe 10 minutes apart but due to life, we don’t see each other on a constant basis.

My boyfriend didn’t grow up being super close to anyone in his family except his grandmother (who has now passed) and his aunt. Both his parents chose drugs, his dad overdosed when he was young and his mom is still currently doing drugs and having health related problems due to the drugs. He has no care in the world. He talks to his aunt on rare occasions and has seen her 3 times in the last 3 years (we live about 2 1/2-3 hours away from her).

Because I’m so close to my family and enjoy doing family things, my boyfriend does get upset and it does cause the occasional problem. Part of it being him and my mom don’t get along, at allllll. He feels because we have kids we should be doing stuff as our little family, not as a big family.

It’s been almost a year since I’ve seen or heard from my mom. Few more weeks it’ll be a year. Haven’t heard from my dad since father’s day. My kids 3 now and has seen my folks 3 times.

I dunno. Few times a year of that. My parents aren’t the loving sort

I talk to my mom almost everyday and see her after least once a week and same with my in-laws

I see my parents as often as possible (they snow bird half the year, so they are only close by 5 months out of year); I talk to my mom at least 2x a day.

I phone my mum everyday and see both my parents once a week while they look after my daughter while I go to work

I am back and forth. Sometimes I talk to my mom a few days in a row. But other times it’s weeks without talking.

I talk to my mom every day and see her at least 5 days a week. Lol. We live less than 5 mins away from each other. She’s always been my best friend and no one will change that.

1 Like

I call/message my mom daily and visit her 1-2× a month.

I talk to my mom at least once a day. I used to see her daily before work but now I can’t do that so I settle for seeing her every weekend. My husband also talks to his mother at least once a day and we see them on Fridays.

My mom and my sisters we talk everyday through text or phone call!!! And see each other maybe twice a week. My family is very close though not just my immidiate family but like my aunts uncles and my couisins and now my kids and my cousins kids. We are very very close. Family to us is very important and I want my kids raised like that too. My kids see their great grandparents everyday! So that tell you alot too lol

I talk to my parents every chance i get and see them the same. My MIL we call her every so often.

I’m super close to my family. I talk to my mom daily/every other day. I see them atleast once a week sometimes 3-4 times a week depending. We still live in the same town as them. They won’t always be around, and I don’t want to ever feel like I didn’t see them enough and regret it…

1 Like

We used to go to my parents house every Sunday for lunch and a few hours of visitation. My husband and I used argue over how much time I spent with them and how it took a “whole day away”. My dad passed away 10 years ago and my mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I talked to my mom every day on the phone just to check in and see how she was doing. I wish I had spent more time with both of them while they were still alive. Now he realizes it was selfish of him to give me grief about it because you never get that missed time back…

2 Likes

In all honesty… If someone in a relationship with me had an issue about how often i spoke with or saw the people who gave me life i wouldnt be sticking around. 🤷🏻

1 Like

I talk to mine all the time! Nothing wrong with that. Shows a healthy relationship! Should be everyone’s goal in life! Don’t try to change that!

I talk to my mom almost everyday if not text I stop by maybe once or twice a week she stays down the st from me my man talks to his mom maybe once or twice a week also she stay states away but they video chat when they do talk doesn’t bother either of us

I talk to my mom every day for an hour and a half on her way home from work and we text all throughout the day. We try to see eachother every weekend but sometimes she has to work and we have other plans. My husband doesn’t really talk on the phone to his family a ton, a few times a month maybe and most of the time its me telling him he needs to return their calls. He texts more then actual calling but still then its slim. His mom and stepdad live about 4 minutes from us and the rest of his family is in California. We do try to go down 2x a year to visit but haven’t this year due to Covid.

I rarely talk to my family, I talk to my mother probably twice a month and my father even less. I have one brother that I’ve spoken to once in the past 10 years, and 2 others that I talk to only slightly more frequently at once a year. My sister tries to keep in touch on Facebook but I’m not a phone person so we don’t voice talk at all.

I talk to my mom EVERY day. My mom lives in a different state so I haven’t seen her since I delivered my last baby in January. If I did live close to her I’m sure I’d see her often as she would want to see her grandkids. If I went more than two days without calling her she would probably call the swat team to check on me :joy: I hope neither of you are saying you can’t keep in contact daily? Parents are not here forever.

I talk/see my parents daily. We live 5 houses apart.

Since my dad passed I talk to my momma every day. Even before he passed we talked at least every 3 days

My family is extremely close whereas my in laws are not. Legit, I talk to my MIL more than her children do. I talk to her once a week, my mother a few times a day, my dad once a week, my baby brother (33) everyday, we live next door to each other and watch each others kids. My other brothers 1-5 times a month… see them at least once a month.

That’s sad that you find this as a problem. I would probably be neighbors with my parents if it was possible! My parents live in another country.
Life is too short. Enjoy the company of your parents and be thankful if they’re still around. :black_heart:

2 Likes

I would see mone everyday if they were alive,so I keep in touch with my sister everyday

1 Like

When family gone there is no return it’s ashame the mother father family love their like others loves theirs I love my only child but jealous women :heart: believeealot jealous

I see my parents weekly. My mom and step dad are a huge part in our lives. His family lives to far away. Nothing wrong with seeing your family. Just because you don’t like yours and don’t want to text or spend time with them doesn’t mean we’re all like this.

1 Like

My husband has zero contact with his family and mine are about to be cut off completely

We live 10 minutes from my family and his mom lives with us but before she lived with us she lived 30/45 minutes away from us and we seen each family everyday and the days we didnt go to them,they came to us and the few days we didn’t see each other at all,we atleast called/texted each other through out the day everyday and still do. Were 33 weeks pregnant and and every Tuesday and Wednesday I got to my grandmother’s and moms(they live together)and stay those two nights than come back home. We’ve lost half of our family due to death so were cherishing every moment we can have together altogether and right now we’re not on the greatest terms but still see and spend all the time together we can.

You accept how his family is and he accepts how your family is.
If it ever involves raising children of your own that’s when you sit down before hand and make sure you’re on the same page.

My mom lives in a different state. I talk to her usually once a day and get to see her maybe once a year. I’d love to have my mom so close and get to see her often. My fiance’s family only talks to each other when they need something and family get togethers are a nightmare cuz they fight. I still go to EVERYTHING. I sit there quietly and deal with it. That’s what you do in a relationship. Compromise. If it’s really putting a strain on you, then that’s on you. Find someone else. If someone tried to tell me it bothered them how much I see my FAMILY, you can bet I’d be gone.

1 Like

We find problems also but we work through them also and do things the both ways we was both raised.

I don’t talk to my parents daily but I do visit multiple times a week.
I know people that talk to their parents 50 times a day. Lol.
But to each their own.

With my boyfriend he would see his parents every day till they passed with me now that he’s on the afternoon shift moms place every night for supper besides the weekends and I talk to them every day

I see my parents at least once a week and call/text my mom everyday, even multiple times during the day. Plus my mom looks after my daughter when I work, I seriously don’t know what I would do without them :heart:

1 Like

I text/call my family multiple times a week and will usually go and visit them at least once a week if they’re not busy. We were just raised to be close, and that we could always depend on family to be around. My husband is actually pretty distant from his parents, due to the way he was raised. Our biggest problem is that I tell my mom and sister EVERYTHING and go to them for advice sometimes in regards to our relationship and raising our child. Also if we’re a little short on money I’ll ask my parents for help and he doesn’t agree with that even though I tell him that we’ll pay them back. We’re still working on figuring it out ourselves.

1 Like

Never my mother is evil over 5 yrs of no contact with any so called family :wink:

1 Like