How often does your husband take you out on dates?

How often does your husband take you out on date night? I swear I have to beg my husband to do nice things for me and I am over it. I get he works all week but I raise kids all week and I just want a reason to go out and get dressed up…

36 Likes

We usually run errands together around Christmas time in then we have shows that we spend time together watching during the rest of the year…

We make time at least once a month for either dinner out a day out or go for breakfast x

Take yourself out get dressed up do what you want to do go to your favourite places take your best friend or your child and have fun . I don’t even care anymore don’t even think about it and I am loving my own company.

2 Likes

I don’t have a husband, but I think it’s important to have a monthly date night.

1 Like

Never! But for Xmas My mums gift was to pay for a night away in a hotel which I have booked for next month :wink:

We been together going on 18 years and will be 16 in marriage and we barely go out

Our anniversary we always go out, other than that; when we can.

We go out more than most but we do have great family who looks after our children.
You do need time just the two of you, everyone does. Even if you don’t go out, just watch tv and order a takeaway.
Instead of waiting for him, why not book a restaurant, organise a sitter and tell him to be ready at X time.
It’s not all on a man to make the gestures.
He deserves to be treated for all his hard work too.

My husband said well maybe me and her can take each other out. I said where she live. (I told him I swear I feel for her cuz that’s how u do me, truth hurts apparently)

Not married and in a long term relationship
Our dates are running errands together and going to breakfast or lunch or dinner

I don’t ask I just plan it usually monthly. Never more than 6 weeks between date nights. Otherwise it’d probably only happen like once every or twice a year. Not because he doesn’t want to but because he’s not a planner and most of my childcare options need a little notice especially to come to my house.

6 Likes

17 years not married probably one date not that I can remember

15 years together and we’ve never gone on a date :person_shrugging:

Unfortunately not at all right now. We are both broke. I’ll be working here soon, so I’m hoping once we have some disposable income, we will be able to go on a regular basis. I feel that once every two weeks (twice a month), or once every week depending on how much he makes, how much is leftover after bills, how often he’s paid etc is reasonable.
Definitely worth bringing up and seeing about a compromise for it, especially if you have family or a reliable babysitter to have help with the kiddos.

2 Likes

Why can’t you take him out? Why can’t you plan something? Most guys aren’t into planning things. Well we don’t actually go out but when we have a few errands to run or he wants to go out of town to Menards we will have a "day"date. We also like going on a day road trip where we just drive around. We do try to go out around Valentines day for supper. For years we would take a long weekend and go away for our anniversary. We still try to do sometimes now. As we are older we are just as happy to just be home.

He never did.
Actually…only once on his own accord and it was a couple of months ago. Then he suddenly asked for a divorce. We never spent personal time together unless I planned it or begged for it. Then I got blamed for asking too much of him :woman_shrugging:t2:
I think it’s important to “date” at least once or twice a month, if not more.

We don’t have anyone to babysit our kids so we go out with the kids once a month.

Take yourself out.

And you either live with it or leave. You only have two options.

Not married yet but 8 years in. At least once a month when the kids are babysat.
We normally do dinner together but have done ice skating or cinema

1 Like

every weekend :woman_shrugging:t4:. oldest two (17 & 15) get $50 a piece to watch the younger kids for a couple hours. i order them whatever for dinner (pizza, chipotle, wing stop) and we head out.

Hubby works 4 10s so he has every Friday off we try to about 1x a month (when the kiddos don’t have a day off as well) go out for lunch. (Works better for us as we don’t have alot of night time care/sitters for the koddos)

Also, every September we go away for a weekend as a family, close to where my cousin lives and she will take the kiddos for a night 🩵

21 years of marriage and not once

1 Like

We have 4 kids & rarely have a sitter so we haven’t been on a “date” in a while but we still make sure to do our own thing in our own way. Some nights we’ll cook steaks at home & once the kids are asleep we’ll watch a movie or go outside & have a drink by the fire. Or we’ll just go on family dates with the kids & go eat somewhere/do something together & honestly I love both of those dates just as much as the ones on our own.

We try to stick to 2x a month. Every other Sunday night we go to dinner alone and have a date night. We do dinner and then stop somewhere and grab a drink after. :blush:

Almost every weekend , grandma is amazing and loves to see the kids so we plan date nights

For my husband & I’s anniversary every year we go on a overnight trip without the kids. And then maybe once a month for a regular date, go out, have dinner & get groceries. That’s about it.

In our 6 years together we’ve probably gone on dates, planned by him 2 times.
If we do go out or anything romantic is done, it’s me haha.

Me and my husband try to do 1-2 date nights a month. We would like more but this is usually about the only time we are able to find sitters for the kids.

Once every other month. We have two small kids and two teens. When we have a sitter for the small ones, we have a date.

Once a month! We love finding a little happy hour or cute new place to try. We are about to have another child though so we won’t be going out for awhile :sob:

We are busier than most-both work, have 4 kids, karate for 2, gymnastics for 1, a grown adult to try to spend time with as well. Been married 20 years. Dates happen when I say I need time with him, then we pick an open date on both our calendars, and we usually do dinner and shoot pool. My husband prefers to stay home and I prefer to go out. We do both, when we can. The important part is what’s happening when we are together. We work together some and enjoy our time doing that. We also go to counseling some to have guidance and the harder, deeper conversations. Quality time is what matters to me, undivided attention. I don’t care what we do as long as we are doing something together where we are the center focus

2 Likes

Marriage isn’t always a walk in the park but it’s the effort we put in “together” to make it work! What I’ve learned in mine is that it wasn’t something that my husband saw growing up so honestly he didn’t see the “importance” in it. So what I do is got a calendar to hang on the wall in the beginning of the month I schedule two date nights a month and one of them he’s REQUIRED to get DRESSED up which means a more formal fancier date! It’s already scheduled in on his days off so theirs no excuse. I ask that he pick one of the date nights and he’s to schedule the whole date meaning the place we go and what time we leave. Sometimes we have to help them out a little and it works for us :wink:

1 Like

We go out occasionally but it’s not my love language so I don’t really care.
I’d much rather stay in and relax or him treat me by giving me money for a tattoo :laughing: but that’s just me.

If I valued going out, and he didn’t do that, I’d dress up and go out on dates with my girls. Lots of places to go and have fun!

1 Like

Sometimes we’ve done a lunch date while the kids are at school. We’ve been together 20 years now. Is it the at you want a date night or that you just want adult time away from the kids? And if he’s happy with none and you want them then you both should compromise. But you can’t force him to want them or do them. Your going to have to talk and listen actively to each other about your wants.

When our kids were little, we would have date nights at home after kids bedtime (we were very strict on bedtime so that we could have time to ourselves).

Now that they are teens, we have date nights, weekends away, whatever we want whenever we want. I do not expect him to plan everything, he suggests stuff to do and I suggest stuff to do.

We don’t often get “dressed up” or do anything fancy BUT we do run errands and go out to eat ALOT w out the kids. We will leave them at home and go to IHOP, lol or somewhere and go shopping. We do it weekly. It’s fun, we definitely don’t consider shopping an actual date but it is because we have fun, spend time together and have no kids. We have been married 24 years

2 Likes

We don’t go on dates often but we do plenty of date type things at home. We don’t have to go out to enjoy each other. We always do nice things for each other. You don’t need him to go out. Leave him home and have a girls night.

2 Likes

My family does family dates. We all dress nice and go out to eat at least once a month.

Chris Carlisle this thread is wild

An actual “date” rarely…but I don’t consider just taking menon a date as doing nice things for me…He shows me daily hpw much he loves me.

Whats a date? Honestly we dont have trusted child care nor the money rn. Im happy just having him. He has been the best because he actually helps around the house. He will take off the extra stress of laundry, dishes, even the kids fighting if im overwhelmed without attitude or any a hole comebacks. I will take that over a date night. We try to get time at home when we can and snuggle, watch a movie play a video game.

7 Likes

We’ve been married 20 years. I think we went on a date, 18 years ago? :thinking: We run a household, a farm, kids, jobs, everything costs an arm and a leg. We don’t go on dates.

I am very spoiled in this avenue. Thankfully my husband’s Job affords him about 5 hours off late morning to mid afternoon every day so we don’t necessarily do date nights but more date lunches. We do this at least twice a week in which we will go wonder stores, take a hike or something and grab lunch. We do still occasionally do date nights as well though thanks to Grandma and him being old enough for sleep overs with friends now.
Time together is very important and you should try to make time at least once a month minimum. If he isn’t a planner then there are things you can do to help such as sit down together and write down a bunch of options on popsicle sticks then each time one or the other (rotating) picks a stick and that’s what you do. There is random generator apps for phone that you can input options and spin to pick. Just talk to him about how important it is to you for you to have this time and start planning it.

3 Likes

There’s no magic number here. What matters is that he hears you and you hear him. Talk to him and tell him how you feel. Talk to him not at him. Use phrases like “this is how I see things” or “this is my perspective”. Communication is key. Now if you chat and still nothing changes then there is another problem here entirely. I suggest with start with telling him how you feel and going from there :heart:

2 Likes

For the most part, once a week. We generally go out every Friday night unless something comes up. We also have random breakfast dates, and sometimes lunch. If there is an open window we spend it together in some way.

We’ve been together almost seventeen years, we have five kids, and so many responsibilities, but our most important responsibility is to maintain our relationship. It comes first, always and that is something we both agreed upon.

So yes, we have multiple practices each week for multiple sports, law school, work out of town, and the million other things that take up so much time, but each week we put it all on the back burner to spend time together. If you don’t, you’ll wake up one day and there will be nothing left of your relationship.

We haven’t been out on a real date since… our honeymoon in 2012. My husband’s disability doesn’t afford us the funds or him the physical ability to go out to eat comfortably, so instead we just have dinner at home every night with our kids.

1 Like

I always planned the dates with my husband

First of all.
You BOTH work.
He does paid work outside the home.
You do unpaid work inside the home.
We need to get out of the mindset that just because you don’t get paid, you don’t work.
Second of all, communication is key here. Sit him down away from kids and distraction. Turn the TV off and put the phone in another room.
Tell him in your most sincere and loving voice that your needs aren’t being met. Let him know what will happen if that continues. Then come up with a plan to put it into action.
Sometimes people don’t see things the way we do and they need a bit of a kick in the butt.

1 Like

We have date night every Saturday. My mons keeps the kids overnight and we spend time together this can be anywhere from staying home and ordering take out or going out

We do date days every other Saturday… it’s simple he gets a haircut and we go to hooters (it’s like my favorite ) :skull_and_crossbones::joy: and we have a couple drinks and go home… I also have a 15 year old who can watch my 3 year old so that does help us…also my husband and I workout in our garage together every night and that has been the most fun we’ve had in a minute!! It doesn’t need to be a date or expensive just have alone time after you put the kids to sleep… make a charcuterie board, order food in or etc. being connected as husband and wife is sooo important :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

** I stay home my
Husband works **

You’re not dating , you are married. If you want to go on dates then get a divorce and start dating other men if that will make you happy

I can’t remember the last time we went out it either we have no sitter our we don’t have the money when we get a chance we do but it’s not very often we get s date night

Once in the last 4 years….but he always ends up taking his friends messages and doesn’t give undivided attention. I’ve tbh started checking out and stopping asking. Instead taking care of me and doing a hobby and making him do the child caring.

I can’t remember the last time we went out on a date.

We have a date night a couple times a week at the house (we have 5 kids). We will work on dinner together, clean up and after the kids go to bed we’ll play a board game or snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie or mix a drink and go hang out on the patio just the two of us. We also have a 10,000 piece puzzle that we are currently working on together and whenever we get 20 minutes or so, we’ll unroll it and work on the puzzle together. A couple times a month we’ll go out to the movies, wander through downtown and grab an ice cream or take a drive and just make out like teenagers. We don’t really have a specific “date” night scheduled, we just enjoy each other’s company so whenever we can sneak five minutes, we do.

At least once a month I call the babysitter set that up then tell
Him

Once a year lol we don’t have anyone to watch kids and no extra money

Takes his Brother out more I asked for one last date night before baby Is born
Instead he took his brother.
Men suck !